Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

where are the compliments?

Have we had a good transfer window under Ashley? Hasn't it always been overshadowed by selling our best talent and then rushing to find a guy to fill the hole?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christmas Tree excluded there's not. People were up in arms about last summer and rightly so.

perhaps you're right, can't remember too much tbh. Seem to recall there was a bit underlying unease about what was a very strange summer, but most balanced that with not having let anyone go. There wasnt the outcry that greeted jks appointment, thats for sure. Point is, Ashley got his arse in gear in January and got a lot of praise. Would making only a couple of "treading water" signings this summer be worse than only signing Anita last summer? Suppose that depends on if we let anyone go and whoever said we may be waiting for a huge official bid for Cabaye before we get down to serious business could be on the money. After appointing Kinnear, we're due a half decent decision on something, as its never completely horrific (although we'll have to see if jk is manager by Christmas :lol:) or a fabulous bed of roses. It mostly ends up at the lower end of mediocrity.

Have we had a good transfer window under Ashley? Hasn't it always been overshadowed by selling our best talent and then rushing to find a guy to fill the hole?

Your hopes and dreams for the club are one thing, the reality is something else. Ba's contract allowed him to leave for the right price, the fee for Nolan was huge for a player at that stage of his career, Barton or Colo? I've got it from a very good source Colo would have left if Barton hadn't. And Carroll was a no brainer. Yes, it took time to replace some of them, and yes, some of the replacements have or will move on. That's how were doing it at this club and the financial reality is that's how we've got to do it. Ashley paid for relegation, but he's not put a red cent in since then. In view of that, we've done ok.

Your hopes and dreams for the club are one thing, the reality is something else. Ba's contract allowed him to leave for the right price, the fee for Nolan was huge for a player at that stage of his career, Barton or Colo? I've got it from a very good source Colo would have left if Barton hadn't. And Carroll was a no brainer. Yes, it took time to replace some of them, and yes, some of the replacements have or will move on. That's how were doing it at this club and the financial reality is that's how we've got to do it. Ashley paid for relegation, but he's not put a red cent in since then. In view of that, we've done ok.

I think the bit I used to find frustrating before realising it was a wasted energy is the context of our potentially debilitating ins and outs this summer .

ManU picked up a 'record' 61 million winning the title last season with bottom club QPR getting 40 million.

Next season with the much-heralded 'new tv money' the bottom club is set to receive 63 million .

This massive jump sees finishing worst of the pile netting more than being the best this time round .

Its bonkers man .

If Ashley has already 'speculated to accumulate' with January's doings and gave us our Christmas box early in doing so he can shove it up his fat fucking arse .

Maybe he'll turn the escalators back on in the Millburn as a treat ?

Seriously?

January.

We have not lost ANYONE other than Carroll and even then it was the correct thing to do for the money.

I'd sell Cabaye for 25mil. Krul for 20mil. Ben Arfa 20mil and Tiote for 15mil. Not a penny less for any of them and i'd not be upset at selling them for that price.

I would however be upset if we did not invest all of that money back into the squad and there is NO reason to think they wouldn't. They did with the Carroll money.

Edited by StellarStripes

Anderlecht's Kouyate being linked with us again.

If he's half as loveable as the last defender we signed from Anderlecht I'm all in favour of this.

I still maintain we have the first XI to compete with the clubs we need to, with the caveat that we get a good striker to compete with Cisse. It's a bit worrying that we haven't at least attempted to pad out the squad in the places it needs to be though (out wide especially). I think they're hoping Ferguson comes good and we'll see Ben Arfa and Marveaux out there more than we'd like.