Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4? Harper, Simpson, Perch and?

EDIT: Ah, Gosling! Fucking hell, forgot about him. I'd rather we saw Anita and Bigirimana get game time this year anyway. We could afford to lose Gosling as he's shite and Perch's loss won't be felt that badly IMO. If Vuckic can stay fit/isn't completely finished already, he should be knocking on the door too.

How many games/minutes did those 4 play after Feb 1st?

Genuine question. I'd usually use the fantasy league site to find out but it's gone to rat shit.

Watch a compilation of all his goals. I could be wrong but he doesn't exactly look like someone who would be successful over here. A few quality finishes but much of it seemed to be quite scrappy. That said, if he was signing for us I'd probably be saying something different.

I just think £13 mil is a bit much for a fairly unproven striker who has had one good season at a mediocre team in the Dutch League. Bony seems more of an Alfonso Alves than a Luis Suarez to me.

I think with the supply line on offer at Swansea Bony will score at least 15 goals next season.

Totally ridiculous comparing Bony to Suarez as well.

This talk about about Cissé being offside all the time is not that relevant. It would have been different if he was Theo Walcott fast, then you would think he didn't need to be offside that often.

Do you think Pippo Inzaghi would have scored that many goals if he dropped deeper? Of course not. He wasn't a player that preferred to take defenders on, dribble and beat them one on one. Neither is Cissé.

Thats about as stupid as it gets. Would Inzaghi have scored more goals if he hadnt learned how to stay onside?

I mean what? :lol: Its not a choice between dropping deeper and being offside. Its a choice between concentrating and being aware and not.

This would have to be our quietest window in terms of media speculation in some time. What that says to me is that the media have moved on from caring about the dealings of Newcastle United. To what extent do others think this is down to our owners and their stance with the media as opposed to our lessening profile in the league?

Edited by OTF

This would have to be our quietest window in terms of media speculation in some time. What that says to me is that the media have moved on from caring about the dealings of Newcastle United. To what extent do others think this is down to our owners and their stance with the media as opposed to our lessening profile in the league?

Is it not because we've barely put a bid in for anyone due to kinnear needing a week in Benidorm straight after his appointment? There's been plenty of apparent links....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1704115-newcastle-united-transfer-gossip-6-players-linked-to-the-toon

We were the biggest spenders January, hence lots of coverage. . am not expecting a repeat...

So say we get Bent,Remy,Sinclair and this Rolando gadge, and let Perch,Shola,Gosling and Simpson go, would that be a good summers business?...things can and will go wrong,but I think the only purchase that's at all doubtful of those 4 at the moment is Remy, due to his wages. Bents wages will be set off by a low fee, theres no way any fucker will pay 8mill. Am not really sure what folks are hoping for, we've been told not to expect too much after Januarys splurge. Am not suggesting that all is completey well and good, but there weren't too many complaints on Feb 1st. The cuckoo in the nest is Kinnear this time round, so we'll have to see how it all pans out with him at the helm.

I hope you're right of course, but I think not. History has proven how this will go.

You buy before you sell (ok 1 or 2 exceptions such as 35 mil for Carroll, but that was not re-invested). Selling when we are as poor as we are at the moment is far far too big a gamble. It's not like there's anything to lose on putting some of the departed on rolling monthly contracts.

to say that only 1 is doubtful is a bold statement saying that no offers have been made, yet alone medicals, agent negotiation and player preference.

I hope you're right , mind.

I hope you're right of course, but I think not. History has proven how this will go.

1. You buy before you sell (ok 1 or 2 exceptions such as 35 mil for Carroll, but that was not re-invested). Selling when we are as poor as we are at the moment is far far too big a gamble. It's not like there's anything to lose on putting some of the departed on rolling monthly contextualized the book

to say that only 1 is doubtful is a bold statement saying that no offers have been made, yet alone medicals, agent negotiation and player preference.

I hope you're right , mind.

If the Carroll money hasn't been reinvested where did the cash for the Cisse deal come from?....Ashley hasn't put a penny in since promotion mate. That includes transfer fees and wages.

It's tricky working out what's gone on, but the bookies closed the book last week on Sinclair to Newcastle after they received several large sums on that bet. Theyre seldom wrong, but who knows? This little lot may well be financed by Cabaye leaving for big money. That's how are doing it.

If the Carroll money hasn't been reinvested where did the cash for the Cisse deal come from?....Ashley hasn't put a penny in since promotion mate. That includes transfer fees and wages.

It's tricky working out what's gone on, but the bookies closed the book last week on Sinclair to Newcastle after they received several large sums on that bet. Theyre seldom wrong, but who knows? This little lot may well be financed by Cabaye leaving for big money. That's how are doing it.

Ok I'll bite - 10 mil EURO < 35 mil GBP . But, I dont think Cisse was even funded by the Carroll move, I suspect he was funded by the sales of:

Nolan , Routledge, Enrique , Lua Lua all went for fees before we bought Cisse and Cisse alone. Same pattern, only this time we're getting nothing for the players we are selling.

Cisse didn't even come in on 10 mil GBP despite them barking about it, he came in when the euro was around 80% of a GBP so 8 mil tops , he's never spent that before and also its still officially listed as undisclosed at both clubs, the media was saying 10 mil Euro. I think given the pressure he was under, he'd be shouting from the rooftops if he spent 10 mil.

Also, the next player we bought for any money was Anita at 6.5 or 7, can't remember , funded by sales of Best, Fraser Foster and perhaps 1 mil or 2 mil of the "carroll money"

Keegan knows best, and told us exactly how it was. I've yet to see a scrap of evidence that goes otherwise.

Edited by scoobos

Bookies stop taking bets every day. Means they had a lot of money on that's all. Absolutely no correlation to anything being a done deal

the bookies "invent" heavy betting situations, close betting, then reopen it. Generates income cos everyone starts throwing money on that bet, when in reality theres been no betting on it at all previous to their announcement that they have received big sums of money for a certain bet

How many games/minutes did those 4 play after Feb 1st?

Genuine question. I'd usually use the fantasy league site to find out but it's gone to rat shit.

www.Transfermarkt.co.uk is good for stats like that.

I think with the supply line on offer at Swansea Bony will score at least 15 goals next season.

Totally ridiculous comparing Bony to Suarez as well.

I wasn't comparing Bony to Suarez - I was just saying that on the scale of imports from the Dutch League, with Alves being an example of a major flop with Suarez being an example of a major success, I think Bony is closer to Alves than Suarez.

Ok I'll bite - 10 mil EURO < 35 mil GBP . But, I dont think Cisse was even funded by the Carroll move, I suspect he was funded by the sales of:

Nolan , Routledge, Enrique , Lua Lua all went for fees before we bought Cisse and Cisse alone. Same pattern, only this time we're getting nothing for the players we are selling.

Cisse didn't even come in on 10 mil GBP despite them barking about it, he came in when the euro was around 80% of a GBP so 8 mil tops , he's never spent that before and also its still officially listed as undisclosed at both clubs, the media was saying 10 mil Euro. I think given the pressure he was under, he'd be shouting from the rooftops if he spent 10 mil.

Also, the next player we bought for any money was Anita at 6.5 or 7, can't remember , funded by sales of Best, Fraser Foster and perhaps 1 mil or 2 mil of the "carroll money"

Keegan knows best, and told us exactly how it was. I've yet to see a scrap of evidence that goes otherwise.

I completely agree with what you're saying re Keegan. But it doesn't alter what am saying. Everything up to last year was turned back into the business. He's taken 11mill? out and he'll take more until we're cheap enough to be sold at a realistic price. As long as we're in the prem he just needs to bide his time. Sadly, so must we. I think KK is coming back at that point as head of a bid and will become chairman. Then, for good or bad, the club will belong to the supporters, we'll have one of our own at the top of the club with real ambition,drive and determination. Then he'll have a daft row with somone and walk out :)

all this talk of bent not being good enough, i suspect, will prove to be ironic in the final hours of the window when we're all screaming at our TVS as jim white breaks the news on ssn that we stepped aside at the eleventh hour to allow Bent to complete his move to Cardiff.

Fuck me that's exactly what's going to happen isn't it. :lol::cry:

I completely agree with what you're saying re Keegan. But it doesn't alter what am saying. Everything up to last year was turned back into the business. He's taken 11mill? out and he'll take more until we're cheap enough to be sold at a realistic price. As long as we're in the prem he just needs to bide his time. Sadly, so must we. I think KK is coming back at that point as head of a bid and will become chairman. Then, for good or bad, the club will belong to the supporters, we'll have one of our own at the top of the club with real ambition,drive and determination. Then he'll have a daft row with somone and walk out :)

:lol:

Thats about as stupid as it gets. Would Inzaghi have scored more goals if he hadnt learned how to stay onside?

I mean what? :lol: Its not a choice between dropping deeper and being offside. Its a choice between concentrating and being aware and not.

It's about beating the offside trap by lying near the offside limit, it's inevitable you'll be offside now and then. It's more understandable in Inzaghis case though, Cissé should be able to start deeper and still come through with the pace he's got.

Edited by hostile_statue

It's about beating the offside trap by lying near the offside limit, it's inevitable you'll be offside now and then. It's more understandable in Inzaghis case though, Cissé should be able to start deeper and still come through with the pace he's got.

D'uh.

Shame that's not why Cisse is offside much of the time.