Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mackems have made some cracking signings.

Going to call you out on that - how many of them have you seen? Or even heard of?

Their biggest name new signing thus far managed 2 in 28 in his previous season in this league. Diakite sounds pretty average.

the point of signing them early is so they have preseason to settle, get used to playing with the team etc, waiting till the last minute does no one any favours

Who said we'll leave it till the last minute?

I'd rather have had some in by now, but we've not even played one friendly yet and the lads have only been back in training for a week or so.

Wouldn't be surprised if we have a busy week at some point with a few deals completed within the space of a few days.

The way some go on you'd think the window was closing tomorrow.

As long as I don't get my fingers trapped in it when it slams shut. For all the ups and downs over the years I refuse to get into a tizz over this club. Whatever happens will happen, the way some jump up and down and shout when a game isn't even being played its a wonder any of us even make 40.

Edit: But obviously I do love the club.

Edited by desmondTUTU

Going to call you out on that - how many of them have you seen? Or even heard of?

Their biggest name new signing thus far managed 2 in 28 in his previous season in this league. Diakite sounds pretty average.

Giaccherini isn't a striker - so why should his goal tally count? He's a good player from what I've seen for Italy & Juventus - though he hasn't appeared too much for Juventus so he's probably moving for more money and a start. Good attacker, good eye for a pass, through ball, gets the odd goal.

Peruzzi is a full back with massive potential, Argentine international, kept Neymar quiet. Diakite I've not got much clue about but Alitdore has been banging them away recently. No idea about Ba either.

Giaccherini isn't a striker - so why should his goal tally count? He's a good player from what I've seen for Italy & Juventus - though he hasn't appeared too much for Juventus so he's probably moving for more money and a start. Good attacker, good eye for a pass, through ball, gets the odd goal.

Peruzzi is a full back with massive potential, Argentine international, kept Neymar quiet. Diakite I've not got much clue about but Alitdore has been banging them away recently. No idea about Ba either.

Reckon he was on about Altidore rather than Giaccherini mate, clue was "2 from 28 IN THIS LEAGUE" ...... no need to thank me lol

Watching the Iraq u-20's play Uruguay U-20's. This lad called Adnan just turned Varela (however you spell it Man utd's recent buy) inside out :lol: he's scored against England and in this game, get him here Carr!

Watching the Iraq u-20's play Uruguay U-20's. This lad called Adnan just turned Varela (however you spell it Man utd's recent buy) inside out :lol: he's scored against England and in this game, get him here Carr!

He wouldn't sign if he heard Tony Blair was a "fan".

Did we?

I thought the sticking point was wages?

No as Dortmund's offer wasn't as good as ours but he chose them and you can't blame him for doing so.

Victor Moses would be a good signing as well as apparently Chelsea want to shift him. Although no doubt he will go to Everton due to his relationship with Martinez and our tightness.

Were we tight in January?.... I don't see any point whingeing on about who wed like to sign, there's been plenty of compliments for Ashley and the way he deals with transfers in the past. No real evidence to suggest he'll fuck this window up. Not many real complaints about last summer on here at the time either, despite it being blatantly obvious that we'd need to strengthen because of Europe. Ashley has been good and bad for NUFC, mostly bad iyam, but this is the hand we've been dealt. He spent big in January, he's not going to do that again 6 months later and he's probably thinking thank fuck we don't have Europe again. Lack of ambition doesn't really cover it, but that's where we are.

Were we tight in January?.... I don't see any point whingeing on about who wed like to sign, there's been plenty of compliments for Ashley and the way he deals with transfers in the past. No real evidence to suggest he'll fuck this window up. Not many real complaints about last summer on here at the time either, despite it being blatantly obvious that we'd need to strengthen because of Europe. Ashley has been good and bad for NUFC, mostly bad iyam, but this is the hand we've been dealt. He spent big in January, he's not going to do that again 6 months later and he's probably thinking thank fuck we don't have Europe again. Lack of ambition doesn't really cover it, but that's where we are.

"Loveless marriage" was a term used by some journalist last week which I think now probably sums it up.

Christmas Tree excluded there's not. People were up in arms about last summer and rightly so.