Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Spurs odds on to sign Willian and Lamela. Probably means Bale is off but I think in whole they've done brilliantly in the transfer market. Still remember the days we used to tonk them 4-0.

If the below is true, Soldado, Willian, Paulinho, Coentrão, Chadli and Erik Lamela is just phenomenal transfer business for Spurs. Sews up 4th spot and gives them decent chance of 3rd.

The annoying thing, is we could/should be doing a watered down version ourselves. Play hard ball and sell Cabaye for £25m to PSG and buy 5-6 players with the profit. But have bids for those players in progress or have them as targets at the very least.

Edited by The Fish

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't see how it's funny, so you're saying we should be happy when we're linked with signing anyone no matter who it is?

yes i know we're likely to sign fuck all, but it doesn't mean i'm going be thanking mr ashley when we're linked to or signing mediocre shite.

The point is bent was way down the list of strikers we were or should've been in the running for.. so of course no one would've wanted him ahead of someone like Bony or Aubameyang, asides from that Bent isn't exactly the partner cisse needs or the guy who can play upfront on his own.

when you look at the reserve strikers on our books right now, and the marginal chances of us signing anyone - let alone anyone better than the current lot - you'd be mad to turn your nose up at a player with bent's goal scoring record.

he's like for like with cisse, that much is true, but at least he knows where the back of the net is and could offer an alternative when cisse goes through a dry patch. what's the plan b right now? shola fucking ameobi man ffs.

If that's true Spurs have played the Bale situation really well, brought in a good bunch of players before they lose Bale banking on recouping the money. Better than our tactic which will be blind panic for an hour when Cabaye is eventually sold just as the window's closing.

If that's true Spurs have played the Bale situation really well, brought in a good bunch of players before they lose Bale banking on recouping the money. Better than our tactic which will be blind panic for an hour when Cabaye is eventually sold just as the window's closing.

i've read the script man. it'll be carroll all over again. sell him at the last minute then get some last minute panic buy replacement in the shefki kuqi mould.

GREAT!

and while they're at it, maybe then can explain why they haven't spent any of the new tv deal money they've had all bastard summer to invest

Bang on, nothing more depressing for me than seeing toon fans recycle Ashleys BS propaganda. "spending the Cabaye money" ffs... sure mate, sure....

Bringing up Carroll is too true too, I think we've done it with every player we've bloody sold, we have no chance of seeing them re-invest even 50% of it. Lets no mention the tv money ey.

Edited by scoobos

Thing is, they were never going to win the title and Bale isn't the kind of player to make the difference between 4th and 3rd, he's the kind of player that makes the difference between 2nd and 1st. He's a Ronaldo, or an RvP. Arsenal had van Persie and couldn't break into the top 3, Man U sign him and he's the difference between them and City.

These 6 players are the difference between 5th and 4th, maybe even 3rd and I am furiously frustrated with this shitcunt ruining Newcastle United.

(I'm not saying he's as good as Ronaldo, just that he, like Ronaldo, is a difference maker)

Edited by The Fish

i don't think Bale is going be anywhere near the level madrid think he'll be, 93m for someone who won't get anywhere near the kinda level of Ronaldo or Messi, insane but brilliant deal for spurs

I think he's quality, better than Modric is and Owen was when Madrid went in for them. However I'm not sure how he'll cope with being a bit part player for a truly gargantuan club. His ego might screw him up, unlike when Mcmanaman or Woodgate joined them.

I think he's quality, better than Modric is and Owen was when Madrid went in for them. However I'm not sure how he'll cope with being a bit part player for a truly gargantuan club. His ego might screw him up, unlike when Mcmanaman or Woodgate joined them.

i doubt they're going to splash that kind of cash on him then give him a bit part role.

i was reading somewhere that he'll be given the ronaldo role, with a license to roam, and ronaldo will move up front. which makes sense. ronaldo is as good a centre forward as he is winger or attacking midfielder. the quality of their players, they'll probably just flit around and change position with each other all the time anyways.

they didn't go for world record fees, he's went for the kind of money where he's expected to score every game, last season he was amazing, and he's a fantastic player but he's no ronaldo who will bang them in from 30 consistently.

he's great he's absolutely nowhere near world record fee great, he's half of that at most

Carroll went for a record fee.

i doubt they're going to splash that kind of cash on him then give him a bit part role.

i was reading somewhere that he'll be given the ronaldo role, with a license to roam, and ronaldo will move up front. which makes sense. ronaldo is as good a centre forward as he is winger or attacking midfielder. the quality of their players, they'll probably just flit around and change position with each other all the time anyways.

They may buy him with that intention, but I doubt his ability to consistently perform better than the other myriad stars they own.

As an aside I could see Ronaldo leave and Bale is being bought to fill that gap.

Barca looked at Bale last year and went for Neymar instead and at 40m he looks like a bargain now...Barca's attack phase is interpassing slowish buildup so Neymar is the right choice...Real tend to knock it up the pitch and a pack of greyhouds run after it...Benzema, Bale and CR..

it's funny how people on here get all sniffy when we're linked to people. a few turned their noses up at darren bent. i'm pretty sure we'll regret not signing him, a proven premier league goal scorer, when the window shuts and shola is still our second or third choice striker.

Martin? Are you in there?

I think it's Gignac they've been chatting with. Ideal for Pards hoofball I imagine.

Not even a wink to go with that? Despite us hitting less long balls than the majority of other teams over the first weekend.

Our possession was among the lowest (36.5%). Only Villa (36.2%) and Norwich(33%) had less of the ball (both of them got points though).

But we passed it more in total than 6 other teams (395).

9 other teams played a higher percentage of their passes long, we were sandwiched between Man u and Spurs on 12.7%.

Our possession was among the lowest (36.5%). Only Villa (36.2%) and Norwich(33%) had less of the ball (both of them got points though).

9 other teams played a higher percentage of their passes long, we were sandwiched between Man u and Spurs on 12.7%.

It's all nonsense these stats.

I was thinking that although we may be knocking it about a bit we just don't create many chances, but we were 8th in the total chances created league last season.

However our shot accuracy was just 43%, which was 16th.

We're not clinical enough, but we only have one genuine goal scorer and he was missing or having them ruled out a lot last year.

I think as Pardew has said our main problem is we've not replaced Ba, who was fairly consistently clinical.

Having said all that, the stats don't show that we're generally just not much fun to watch these days.