Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even a wink to go with that? Despite us hitting less long balls than the majority of other teams over the first weekend.

I hear what you are saying, but le' hoofball isn't quite the same as long ball. I saw loads of attempts to play the unpassable passes over 30-40 yards, now that's what I call hoofball. To be fair tho, they didn't have much option other to. Reminds me of England in capellos reign, 2 nice passes then a silly long one (in competitive matches , they were fine in friendlies, unlike us)

I hear what you are saying, but le' hoofball isn't quite the same as long ball. I saw loads of attempts to play the unpassable passes over 30-40 yards, now that's what I call hoofball. To be fair tho, they didn't have much option other to. Reminds me of England in capellos reign, 2 nice passes then a silly long one (in competitive matches , they were fine in friendlies, unlike us)

Yup.

It's all nonsense these stats.

Ignore the stats if you like then. Let's discuss it on perception.

How anyone could have watched us on Monday and thought we played "hoofball" is beyond me. One of the few positives was how we persisted with playing it on the floor out of defence. Last year we would have went into panic mode and been booting it non-stop. Not the case at all now.

How anyone could have watched us on Monday and thought we played "hoofball" is beyond me. One of the few positives was how we persisted with playing it on the floor out of defence. Last year we would have went into panic mode and been booting it non-stop. Not the case at all now.

Playing it on the floor to midfield then passing it across midfield and whacking it up 30 yards does not mean playing it on the floor to me.

But I'm an argumentative cunt today.

Playing it on the floor to midfield then passing it across midfield and whacking it up 30 yards does not mean playing it on the floor to me.

But I'm an argumentative cunt today.

We didn't really launch many balls into their box either tbh. Tiote did a couple of lobs and there were a couple of set pieces. But we generally tried (and largely failed) to play it or run it into the final third.

Got to rush out but this las was talking to JFK and Carr in Nice airport and is posting details of their chat. "3 in by Sarurday".

If anyone wants to check the conversation out. :)

@Ruddy22

I'd sooner listen to Talk Sport than what JFK personally tells someone in an airport.

Got to rush out but this las was talking to JFK and Carr in Nice airport and is posting details of their chat. "3 in by Sarurday".

If anyone wants to check the conversation out. :)

@Ruddy22

Cheers for the llink.

"board meeting on Ashley's boat in St tropez"

FFS flying out to the south of france for a piss up and drunken chat about what to do next.

As I was saying - and have been saying - a lot of people don't even watch the games properly man.

They just come out with buzz words. All you need is a balance between long ball & ball retention really - play it long when you have to - like Liverpool/Swansea/Barcelona do.

A team like ours isn't going to do that on the first day of the season, especially against Man City. The performance overall - was dire - but there was some nice one touch stuff in there at times.

We didn't really launch many balls into their box either tbh. Tiote did a couple of lobs and there were a couple of set pieces. But we generally tried (and largely failed) to play it or run it into the final third.

Think we'll see them play it on the deck against West Ham but it'll still not excuse the crippling lack of invention in our midfield. Long balls or otherwise, it's the main problem.

I'm reading that Harris Vuckic is on the verge of a loan deal to Bradford? Surely we haven't got the squad to be loaning fringe players out?

I thought this season would be when he made a real breakthrough in the first team.

Edited by Anorthernsoul