Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, the "likes of Southampton" have a lot more money in the bank than we do/people think they do.

That's not to say we're not pathetically unambitious*, but they and also Cardiff are actually spending well within their means.

*Fulham arguably showed more ambition than we did to bring Bent in

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Again, the "likes of Southampton" have a lot more money in the bank than we do/people think they do.

That's not to say we're not pathetically unambitious*, but they and also Cardiff are actually spending well within their means.

If they're spending within their means then why can't we?

Fucking hell Napoli managed to sign José Callejón for a poxy 10m euro as well???

Ancellotti isn't exactly one for bringing through young players.

The likes of Southampton who, not even two seasons ago were in the Championship. League 1 before that. Sorry, but just because they may have more money doesn't mean we shouldn't be signing players like Bony, VWW etc. Even fucking Darren Bent, who was clearly our bottom of the barrel worst case scenario signing didn't sign for us because our transfer setup is atrocious. :lol: We have absolutely zero ambition at the moment, and it's why we were vastly shite last season.

There's a footballing philosophy in place at mid table clubs like Swansea and Southampton, which now acts as a greater pull for players to find their feet in the PL. Swansea attracted a figure like Laudrup ffs whilst we're lumbered with a manager who claims he wants to implement a smooth attacking game but instead has us playing as one of the most one-dimensional sides in the league with players who could finish in the top 10 comfortably if allowed to play.

They're spending money they have but it's not like we're short of money either. We just don't have the same infrastructure that lets us recruit players, so we miss out again and again. We have some decrepit, sozzled, cockney wannabe despot sat thumbing his arse and going on holiday instead of signing the players that our only actual competent member of the club's hierarchy identifies.

It's the shambles most people predicted it would be when whiskey joe was put in charge of transfers. In the meantime we're supposed to be grateful for signing a crocked alleged rapist and having some old gates screwed to a wall. Happy days.

Do what I'm gunna do and jack in ur season ticket cos ur right this is a bloody joke 👎

Time to stop spending hard earned cash on this like.

Edited by Slayer

Sorry, forget to swear a bit. Bunch of fuckin cunts. (Ashley, Kinnear). Pardew bit of a bell aswell. Lets see if his tactical nouse has improved from the shite we were served up last season.

Do what I'm gunna do and jack in ur season ticket cos ur right this is a bloody joke 👎

Time to stop spending hard earned cash on this like.

If they didnt have direct debit payers by the balls I would have. You need to cancel by January. Sorely tempted to do it this January. Our money is going straight into Ashley's pocket.

Another 5 years of this and he will be looking to sell the club at a pure profit

FFS, how can you expect anyone to take you seriously when you can't even remember what you said yourself?

You know what, I really didn't think I wrote that. The paranoid side of me still thinks I didn't. But, that said, sorry ewerk, I apologise unreservedly. I'll wind my neck in a bit now.

I still reckon he's tax dodging tho, wont budge on that, but we will only see when the financials come out for the Wonga takeover.i reckon we'll see a big charge to SD for that sponsorship deal.

I still reckon he's tax dodging tho, wont budge on that, but we will only see when the financials come out for the Wonga takeover.i reckon we'll see a big charge to SD for that sponsorship deal.

I'm not even going to begin to get into it but I can assure you that you're wrong.

If they didnt have direct debit payers by the balls I would have. You need to cancel by January. Sorely tempted to do it this January. Our money is going straight into Ashley's pocket.

Another 5 years of this and he will be looking to sell the club at a pure profit

Converse to those that think protests are pointless, I reckon not renewing is pointless, as there are always going to be thousands of fans who couldn't get season tickets who will snap them up hoping to keep them for the good times years down the line. So Ashley will feel nothing.

For all I think about the destruction of the club, I still see turning up on the match day as a special thing. My first days as a toon fan was being brought up to Newcastle with my best mate and his dad and sitting through endless defeats and shite matches in awful weather but still shouting them on (mid to late 80's for years was poor). I went to 11 away matches last year and even that still brought back the excitement of St James.

What I'm trying to say through ramble is, even when we are living through this, as much as you want to, you will still yearn for your seat if you throw it away, or I would anyway.

Protests and damaging that twats ego so much he just ups and fucks off is the only hope I have of hurting him. You'll never see me in Republic or Sports Direct, which is what I think he really cares about - but turn down a match day ticket, no way - even if we get drubbed tonight I'll still get something out of it . Shame you poor fuckers have to put up with my whining afterwards and before though :P

I'm not even going to begin to get into it but I can assure you that you're wrong.

I wish we had a PM system to discuss this between us. In my mates company which turns over a considerable sum, he saves loads by "investing" in his Plan B company. Any spend on expenditure is out of profit and therefore he saves on his Corp tax bill, I seriously don't understand why its not the same.

In my little company, anything I spend on expenses for marketing comes out of profit too, so I do save corp tax on that as it would be profit.

But , we don't have a PM system and I've made an arse out of myself enough in the past few weeks.

That said, I'm off to Cayman in 1 week, so tax isn't a worry anymore thank fook <smug mode>

Edited by scoobos

I wish we had a PM system to discuss this between us. In my company, which turns over a considerable sum, I save loads by "investing" in my Plan B company. Any spend on expenditure is out of profit and therefore I save on my Corp tax bill, I seriously don't understand why its not the same. But , we don't have a PM system and I've made an arse out of myself enough in the past few weeks.

There is a PM system but I'd rather talk about it on the open forum as there are others on here who know much more about tax and accountancy than either of us and so may offer a different perspective on things.

To keep this fairly theoretical, Sports Direct most recently announced a pre-tax profit of £207m. How much tax do you think they will save by NUFC charging them for advertising?

depends dunnit, on how much he charged, and also how much of that profit is being put into Republic , or one of the shatty manufacturers he's bought. I'm not saying its exclusive between NUFC and SD, this guy owns tens of companies, including the manufacturers who provide his stores with product. Unfortunately, its perfectly acceptable for him to spread his "Profit" from SD across all his little subsidiaries, if Tescos can do it with 100's of millions, then I'm pretty sure Ashley can.

I'm a bit shamed really that I'm apparently so off the mark, as I've dealt with running businesses and taxes and accountancy for nearly 10 years now.

It's like Tesco's for example, they announce profits, push out the divvies and then somehow manage to "invest" that money in some warehouse in Indonesia and therefore reduce their liability. Quarterly profits and Annual profits often don't match, like starbucks another example 2 mil quarterly profit, but when it comes to return time, there is no profit as the monies have been invested into other subsidiaries.

I saw the relationship between NUFC and SD as the same.

I'll leave it though, as although you do, I don't like washing my dirty laundry in public, especially if I'm losing face.

Edited by scoobos

It's not washing dirty laundry, it's educating ourselves, that's what these forums are for. And btw Ashley really only owns one company and that's MASH Holdings through which he owns Saint James' Holdings and has a shareholding in Sports Direct, it's important to remember that he doesn't own SD, he only has a 64% shareholding (approx.).