Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

As for Tim Krul, if Arsenal are really going to try and ram us up the arse to this extent we should just tell them they're not getting either player. We are in a position of power with Cabaye, as much as I have thought we should cash in on him since the summer began. Just wish it could have all happened a lot sooner. Do you think Carr has done any research into replacing him? (I'm not even going to include Kinnear here.)

With regards a striker, I'm beginning to think the Baby Drogba might be very useful afterall. Pardew isn't going to stop instructing Krul to hoof the ball aimlessly upfield every time he gets it (remember when we used to work the ball out of defence via Coloccini and Enrique?) so we might as well finally have someone up there who might win a header ever. Cisse needs the support, he looked at his best for us when he was part of a strong three pronged attack with Ben Arfa and Demba Ba (who was actually very effective on the left of the attack).

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Tim Krul, if Arsenal are really going to try and ram us up the arse to this extent we should just tell them they're not getting either player. We are in a position of power with Cabaye, as much as I have thought we should cash in on him since the summer began. Just wish it could have all happened a lot sooner. Do you think Carr has done any research into replacing him? (I'm not even going to include Kinnear here.)

I heart this article. Everyone should have a read of it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/scouting-system-that-reveals-david-moyes-mind-8756011.html

Brilliant look into how a proper scouting system should work.

Goalkeepers seem to rarely sell for as much as outfield players, ridiculous really. I'd sell Cabaye for £17m just to get shot of the wanker if he's acting the twat and refusing to play, I'm fed up with hearing about him tbh. Krul on the other hand, I really would be upset if we sold him, we don't have an instant replacement and I can't think of another keeper that would be worth bringing in of a similar level.

Still, this is what we get for being a wee selling club from the North East... thanks Mike.

Before you guys start getting too upset, that Krul rumour comes from the The Sun's sunday edition. Not the local paper called the Sunday Sun.

It's not worth even the slightest mention on here.

So Arsenal aren't looking for a goalie then?...

So Arsenal aren't looking for a goalie then?...

Are they? Wenger seems fine with Szczesny while other people have decided they need a keeper.

Wouldn't suit Krul to move at the moment, hes unchallenged number 1 here in a world cup year he can make a case for himself every week.

Are they? Wenger seems fine with Szczesny while other people have decided they need a keeper.

Wouldn't suit Krul to move at the moment, hes unchallenged number 1 here in a world cup year he can make a case for himself every week.

Aye, all fair enough. What if Arsenal put a bid in though?..it does rather change the equation where we're concerned. If a bid comes in and is accepted, what is Krul supposed to do?..sit where he is?..not many players would do that.

Arsenal have been here before, the press force poor old Wenger into spending. The press decided they needed defenders when they got spanked by manu in August the season before last and he signed Mertesecker and Sandros on deadline day. I think they need an upgrade on the Polish lad if they want to close the gap, whether Wenger feels that way is a different story, but Krul is miles better than Szczesny.

Before you guys start getting too upset, that Krul rumour comes from the The Sun's sunday edition. Not the local paper called the Sunday Sun.

It's not worth even the slightest mention on here.

Only speaking for myself here, (or possibly not), but 'guys'? :lol:

You'd have to be concerned about Krul because simply put, he's arguably our best player, (or asset if you prefer), whether it would be Arsenal or not I'd be amazed if other clubs aren't interested in him.

Apart from the Given deal (not counting Ba due to his clause) we've generally don't alright for fees when selling haven't we under this cunt?

Aye, this idea that we just ship out our star players at the first bit of interest constantly is a total fallacy

No, but we operate to shift our best players for a sizeable profit and there's no pretence about building a side around them. Just because shepherd pissed money on the likes of Owen and Luque doesn't mean that the alternative of selling your best players makes you a stronger team. We've also tried this policy of selling genuinely World Class talent before and eventually got relegated.

After watching the west ham game I like out back four could use a RB cover/competition for debuchy but love collo and Mbiwa together. Midfield also not bad just a player with creativity a cam or left winger or both BUT most importantly need a striker!!!! We can't score for our lives I would like to see remy/goufrann or new striker up top together