What would it take for you to turn your back?

trophyshy

It's time to turn your back lads, surely?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll never stop going, if I do he's won in my eyes.

In other words, he can't lose.

About 2 thirds will keep going no matter what based on this very small sample.

If this is reflected across the entire fan base then the reality is we get what we deserve.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped trying to get tickets a couple of years ago...either because stupid high prices...or sold out...mostly the former down here, still trying to get to a home game, but the least amount of money I put in Cashley Ashley`s pocket the better

Every year there are warnings the EPL is going to self-implode...every year cashley Ashley twists the knife a bit more....when is the tippping /breaking point...because the way things are going it in`t going to turn out nice

I'm far enough away that I've not had to make the decision about whether to stop going or not, which I'm thankful for as its made a decision I wouldn't joke to make for me.

I've stopped buying the shirts/merch though no money is coming out of my pocket to the club while all this carries on.

^^^This

When was the last season you went regularly to SJP, seeing as you conveniently live around 150 miles away somewhere in the Glasgow area, if am not mistaken?...its a piece of piss to post that if you cut your emotional ties for the sake of your career years ago, its fuckin difficult to do if the ground is virtually at the end of your street and you've gone since you were a bairn.

When was the last season you went regularly to SJP, seeing as you conveniently live around 150 miles away somewhere in the Glasgow area, if am not mistaken?...its a piece of piss to post that if you cut your emotional ties for the sake of your career years ago, its fuckin difficult to do if the ground is virtually at the end of your street and you've gone since you were a bairn.

Exactly.

This is where fans as individuals need to grow up though. There's this whole thing where people are proud to say that they'll keep going whatever happens. That's not something to be proud of. It's fucking idiotic.

If you're still enjoying it and it makes you happier to go than not, then by all means keep going (this seems to be HF). But if it's making you unhappy and you keep going out of some stupid sense of duty or loyalty, then you need to have a word with yourself and start making decisions like an adult.

This is where fans as individuals need to grow up though. There's this whole thing where people are proud to say that they'll keep going whatever happens. That's not something to be proud of. It's fucking idiotic.

If you're still enjoying it and it makes you happier to go than not, then by all means keep going (this seems to be HF). But if it's making you unhappy and you keep going out of some stupid sense of duty or loyalty, then you need to have a word with yourself and start making decisions like an adult.

So deciding not to go is a categorical adult decision. In terms of going to games I don't care who owns us, I'm over the moon to see Newcastle United win a throw in, let alone anything else. When there was a boycot in 1991, I was there when we got 10,004 against Oxford, it wasn't McKeag's club then, and it's not Ashley's now, they're just custodians who's time will come and go. Fuck them.

So deciding not to go is a categorical adult decision. In terms of going to games I don't care who owns us, I'm over the moon to see Newcastle United win a throw in, let alone anything else. When there was a boycot in 1991, I was there when we got 10,004 against Oxford, it wasn't McKeag's club then, and it's not Ashley's now, they're just custodians who's time will come and go. Fuck them.

Like I say, if you're still enjoying it, keep going. If you've got the equivalent of battered wives syndrome, break the cycle.

So we've all to think the same way as you do?...is your social circle a bunch of fuckin cybermen or something? And as for growing up, what is more childish than watching what is essentially a little boys game anyway? should manu fans "grow up" too? I get pleasure from the people I go to games with, I only ever see most of them at football, and am fucked if I'm going to chuck away 20-30 years of friendship because of people like you think its the right thing to do or cunts like Mike Ashley. The football side of it can be a bit of an irrelevance, sorry if you got no joy from just the experience of giving your support to the players on the pitch. I do, always have done and continue to do so. What anyone else does is their business though. Something you'd do well not to lose sight of.

Like I say, if you're still enjoying it, keep going. If you've got the equivalent of battered wives syndrome, break the cycle.

Even battered wives need a shag though, and we keep going because the sex is great sometimes, or you can be tied up and burnt with cigarette ends like we were against the mackems and Liverpool this season.

Newcastle are basically like going to see the Four Tops now.

The only proper one is someone's cousin and he's probably not a real cousin.

:lol:

Sitting in the back row of the Leazes on a Monday night with you.

Ah kna that's the Drifters btw. Same difference.

Newcastle are basically like going to see the Four Tops now.

The only proper one is someone's cousin and he's probably not a real cousin.

Thanks for the belly laugh in what is a fuckin shocking day... We're just a fucking joke , we really are.

So we've all to think the same way as you do?...is your social circle a bunch of fuckin cybermen or something? And as for growing up, what is more childish than watching what is essentially a little boys game anyway? should manu fans "grow up" too? I get pleasure from the people I go to games with, I only ever see most of them at football, and am fucked if I'm going to chuck away 20-30 years of friendship because of people like you think its the right thing to do or cunts like Mike Ashley. The football side of it can be a bit of an irrelevance, sorry if you got no joy from just the experience of giving your support to the players on the pitch. I do, always have done and continue to do so. What anyone else does is their business though. Something you'd do well not to lose sight of.

:lol: This emotional response is just further evidence of your need to grow up. :razz:

I said, if you still enjoy it and it makes you happier than not going, keep going.

Now stand down, soldier.

:lol: This emotional response is just further evidence of your need to grow up. :razz:

I said, if you still enjoy it and it makes you happier than not going, keep going.

Now stand down, soldier.

Why do you feel the need to tell people how to react to this?...

If you're still enjoying it and it makes you happier to go than not, then by all means keep going (this seems to be HF).

Spot on.

We were still having a laugh as Liverpool knocked in the 6th.

If you feel your £30 ticket entitles you to a victory, good football, effort from your players, wise management from the dugout, or from the posh seats above the dugout , I can see why you'd be concerned that you aren't getting value for money and consider not paying any more.

Personally, I pay £30 to go and sing drunken songs with thousands of other drunk men. I enjoy it more when we win or play well, but i still enjoy it if we don't.

Spot on.

We were still having a laugh as Liverpool knocked in the 6th.

If you feel your £30 ticket entitles you to a victory, good football, effort from your players, wise management from the dugout, or from the posh seats above the dugout , I can see why you'd be concerned that you aren't getting value for money and consider not paying any more.

Personally, I pay £30 to go and sing drunken songs with thousands of other drunk men. I enjoy it more when we win or play well, but i still enjoy it if we don't.

I'm in agreement with this like. Of course I want games like the five nil against manure or the five one against the unwashed but not seeing them isn't going to make me jack it in. If I felt the way I did as the sixth Liverpool goal went in every week I wouldn't go but if we were getting twatted everyweek I wouldn't feel way I did that night (heading towards the third division like we were before Keegan didn't make me feel anywhere near like that).

I love being a Newcastle supporter despite the shit we get and nothing this fat cunt has done has ever made me consider giving up my ticket. To be honest, as ridiculous a move as I think this is, I think some people are blowing out of proportion. It doesn't come close to the way Keegan was treated or Hughton for that matter. I don't hate Kinnear (he's far too pathetic to hate) and I've hated Ashley for a long time now so this changes nothing.