What would it take for you to turn your back?

trophyshy

It's time to turn your back lads, surely?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll still go like but unless things change I'll be going on tickets from work/mates etc because I don't really feel like putting the money in. It's not just a bad decision - he's actually taking the piss.

Joe Kinnear as director of football for crying out loud/when Pardew is inevitably sacked he'll be manager again. Who were the lads on here saying ''Ashley learned his lessons/Carr will scout a top European coach'' etc etc. Well this is exactly we why don't trust the fucking morons that run the club.

Kinnear who's kick and rush game with Wimbledon makes Pardew's worst day look like an in form Barcelona. The way football is going even smaller clubs are setting up intelligent, sophisticated systems from the youth team to the top. We've gone so far backwards with this senseless appointment. It's utterly unreal.

It wouldn't be impossible to implement a modern football system - it would be cheap too.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon we'll have a storming season now and where will all you boycouters be doing then, fickle bastards.

Seriously though, most will already have paid. The decision needs to be made in February, by which time we should have a good idea if relegation beckons and we're out the cups. I'll still probably renew regardless like. OOTers like KCG can fuck right off telling me what I should do as well.

OOTers like KCG can fuck right off telling me what I should do as well.

He can FRO anyway, miserable cunt bringing the atmosphere of this place down with great regularity. If there was odds on people topping themselves who post on here in the next 5 years, he'd be 20/1 favourite imo.

Edited by McFaul

He can FRO anyway, miserable cunt bringing the atmosphere of this place down with great regularity. If there was odds on people topping themselves who post on here in the next 5 years, he'd be 20/1 favourite imo.

Whilst you are the very spirit of humour. It's nice to know I wind you up if that's how you feel.

People were happy to go to games when Hall and Shepherd were tens of millions in profit off the back of the club, and debts were run up secured on the loyalty of fans alone.

Those same people are refusing to go now and justifying it because the owner is taking the piss so they're not willing to line his pockets...while his personal investment in the club remains at hundreds of millions.

The be all and end all is that people go when we do well and stop going when we don't. It's the measure of a fan to be honest about that. Don't justify it as any sort of moral crusade, trying to make out you are more of a supporter for sacrificing that which you love.

I stopped going cos I wasn't enjoying it anymore mainly. But the thought of paying 600 quid to Ashley at the height of his piss-taking powers was definitely a factor.

I do think there comes a point where people need to vote with their feet if they want change though. This bloke is absolutely banking on that not happening, and the fact that he can do that is a big problem. He's completely unaccountable because the fans won't make him accountable.

What do you reckon would happen if the gates fell to 30,000?

He'd have to actually make decisions with a view to whether they would be likely to retain the current fan base, and more importantly get other people back into the ground.

At the minute he can just make any decision, good or bad, and not even have to consider attendances in the thought process.

Those same people are refusing to go now and justifying it because the owner is taking the piss so they're not willing to line his pockets...while his personal investment in the club remains at hundreds of millions.

I'm pulling you on that one. How is his personal investment hundreds of millions? If he does decide to sell (though he wont, cos its a great vehicle for him) he'll recoup the money he spent buying it. All money given is loaned to us (abramovich styley). What has he spent exactly? How much did he pay on behalf of Sports Direct for his advertising too?

Remember when he said he'd sell for the same money he put in, then the guy came forward and Ashley then says "put money on the table" , so he does, then it all gets reported as no one was serious.

This guy is taking the piss and taking us with him. It's fuckin embarassing and I for one can't continue to even give the guy any credit now at all. This proves once and for all that old addage from Douglas.

Last thing, this "interest free" loan is only interest free in line with inflation right? At a time that interest rates on fixed term savings / investments are below inflation.... Could be a rumour, but I'll throw it in there while ranting about Ashleys "charity" to the club.give the guy any credit now at all.

Edited by scoobos

What do you reckon would happen if the gates fell to 30,000?

Fuck all.

money.jpg

Matchday income has halved from 50% of turnover to 25%

TV income has trebled from 20% of turnover to 60%.

I'm pulling you on that one. How is his personal investment hundreds of millions? If he does decide to sell (though he wont, cos its a great vehicle for him) he'll recoup the money he spent buying it. All money given is loaned to us (abramovich styley). What has he spent exactly? How much did he pay on behalf of Sports Direct for his advertising too?

Remember when he said he'd sell for the same money he put in, then the guy came forward and Ashley then says "put money on the table" , so he does, then it all gets reported as no one was serious.

This guy is taking the piss and taking us with him. It's fuckin embarassing and I for one can't continue to even give the guy any credit now at all. This proves once and for all that old addage from Douglas.

Last thing, this "interest free" loan is only interest free in line with inflation right? At a time that interest rates on fixed term savings / investments are below inflation.... Could be a rumour, but I'll throw it in there while ranting about Ashleys "charity" to the club.give the guy any credit now at all.

His personal investment is hundreds of millions because he paid £150m for the club and loaned another £110m back in. If, following relegation we had not bounced back up, if we'd continued to drop, then he would not have seen that money back. Same if we were relegated last year.

I think that's highly subjective. He got us on the cheap, has only LOANED everything, which were probably insured on his side anyway. He's a gambler , but he's not betting with his own money is he?

Yeah but if match day income halves, then overall turnover drops by 12.5% and the club is miles away from making a profit.

It's 25%. A quarter of all income. That matters, it's not something you can just dismiss.

I think that's highly subjective. He got us on the cheap, has only LOANED everything, which were probably insured on his side anyway. He's a gambler , but he's not betting with his own money is he?

It's almost all his own money.

Yeah but if match day income halves, then overall turnover drops by 12.5% and the club is miles away from making a profit.

It's 25%. A quarter of all income. That matters, it's not something you can just dismiss.

Just sell Cisse for £12.5m to make it up :P

I'm just gonna keep hanging on supporting NUFC from my armchair position, without a coin spent (lost) in ages. You can't change team once you've chosen, but I guess I will just naturally lose interest once there is no hope for us at fuckin all, and just stop giving a fuck about football in general. Already given up on international and local football.

Edited by Aeris

Possibly in the short term, but you can't do that forever. Once sell all your profitable assets, you won't be able to attract any more. At some point you have to attract people back by not talking the piss out of them.

He has a quarter of a billion sunk into the club, he can't afford to just write it off. He'd have to start working for his investment. But only if he's made to.