What would it take for you to turn your back?

trophyshy

It's time to turn your back lads, surely?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd option is closest.

I'm not in this for the glory, I'm in for the character building

Hardly fucking glory. You're in it for the shoeing then? Not that I don't respect that stand point, particularly from a proto-cockney.

I'm done. Mike Ashley is a fucking idiot. I've supported him for the last three years and then he goes and does this?! Fuuuuuuuck.

He has absolutely no idea what he's doing. The sooner the fans protest and force him to sell the club the better.

I suppose the middle option comes closest. After enough incidents like this, you learn to detach the various levels of fandom from each other, or at least you do if you're lucky. I'm quite happy to call myself a lifelong fan, even if that involves hanging on in there for better times to come, without letting my mood be dictated by the ultraclusterfuck that seems to result from every other step the current regime makes.

Already considering packing the ticket in. I did it when Keegan walked and this is on a par with that imo. I'm sure ill get called but then ill sleep easier knowing I'm not putting £600 in that cunts pocket

Everyone still giving the club money takes a share of the blame for what has happened. FMA can do this cos idiots wont stop giving him money no matter what he does.

That's bollocks, but what I would say is, if you're gonna keep going when he's pulling moves like this, then you really shouldn't moan too much when he does it again.

He's set his stall out to be a total cheapskate cunt who is happy to run the place like it's a bit of a laugh for him. If you don't like it, stop handing over your money. If something like this doesn't stop you, then brace yourself for more of the same.

Can't see the poll on my phone but I turned my back from a match going pov in 2009. This just strengthens the conviction.

I know its easier from 300 miles away but I did make the effort before that though I admit other factors contributed to the decision as well.

The worry though is what state he leaves us in.

Someone said , hopefully in jest, they'll realise they can get more money out of the club by building a hotel and flats on the Ground.

This, now, is a real possibility.

Must confess Im becoming more like Gemmil each day.

So pleased I didn't renew and currently not feeling as emotionally raw about things Newcastle as I would normally.

That said I will still watch every game and hopefully get to a few this season.

But as for gnashing my teeth over the life and trials of Newcastle United, fuck that?

Think I started this process a little while ago, and it wasn't entirely to do with Ashley, just a combination of work,the missus, just the way things have gone...this could be the final nail in the coffin mind...went to the grand total of 2 home games last season, feel it may well be less this time round. Away games are so diluted from the exuberance of the past but they put a regular round trip of around 750 miles into a cocked hat. Will probably go when am up seeing the folks though, but I used to make sure that happened when we were at home. For me, I still have this urge to support the 11 shirts on the pitch somehow. Am fucked if he's taking that away from me completely.