Wimbledon 2013

Meenzer

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but he's immersed in an entirely different culture. He's been coached to be a professional since he was ten ffs. Most footballers don't have that luxury, nor an entourage of coaches etc planning their every move. That's changing a bit now with academies (especially the way Barcelona do it) and so on but most footballers don't have the direct guidance in the way that young tennis players do. There's something bloody odd about how people identify supposed world class potential in seven year olds iyam.

True to a degree but but there's also that personal desire / will to succeed and mental strength that seems to keep him going. Even in Football you can see the chasm between the duty to their job / team some like Colochini has compared to others.

Possibly it's the sort of steel that Ferguson gets from quite a few of his players over the years.

The internet not letting bad jokes die, I see.

Who cares as long as its at the expense of someone like Terry.

Mind the guy who photoshopped that could have at least done it over Murray's pic rather than Federer's! :lol:

True to a degree but but there's also that personal desire / will to succeed and mental strength that seems to keep him going. Even in Football you can see the chasm between the duty to their job / team some like Colochini has compared to others.

Possibly it's the sort of steel that Ferguson gets from quite a few of his players over the years.

Or the fear of upsetting this

judy-murray-420x0.jpg

Judy Murray? I'd go G&T-for-G&T with her all night long, she'd end up doing "Independent Women" on karaoke and drink everyone else firmly under the table. What's not to like?

Arise sir Andy. Bloody brilliant.

Any Brits that can't enjoy his victory because he's Scottish want to have a word with themselves.

Seems the majority prefer a posh loveable loser like henman to a normal lad like Murray who happens to be a once in a generation

He did donate his winnings from Queens Club to the same charity, so I guess that's where the confusion came from.

Still, it's an English hospital, so I hope they rejected the money on account of him being a Jock cunt.

27m dollars in prize money (before today) and a 5 year £30m contract with Adidas (amongst other endorsement deals). He'll be doing better than your average Prem footballer tbf.

His mate from the Davis Cup team is being treated for cancer, I'd imagine the royal Marsden is where he's being treated?.... the anti Scottish stuff today makes me laugh...Murray, and every other professional athletel in history, won it today for himself,not for GB,UK,Scotland,England,Wales, Ireland or ducking Tahiti....kindle doesn't let me post rude words,who knew? :lol: Murray wasn't winning for the glory of any nation today, he did it for himself and his mother, I imagine. Fair play to him for that.

It always tickles me when professional sportsmen in non team sports events get cheered by crowds because of their nationality. He wasn't representing anyone bar himself and good luck to him.

Wimbledon Champion or not, he would have had his Scottish citizenship instantly revoked once they'd heard that he'd given away money in return for nothing.

I'd have chosen a local charity or something myself rather than cancer research, it's a drop in the ocean for that sector you'd think with private pharmaceutical investments i'm sure it's something like £30billion worldwide for cancer research, whereas you could make a massive change to somewhere/thing smaller with a donation like that.

Still hard to believe he's "well off" enough to donate 1.6m, hardly raking in the cash like a footballer or whatever.

Fuck's sake man.

Absolutely chuffed for Murray. Even more chuffed he's scottish and not some upper class English prick like Henman. Seriously, this has made me feel happy and I will probably feel good about it tomorrow still. Now, I know the Moog is an utter arsehole, but Ant, what's your excuse?

It was a bizarre comment Ant. You've explained it and it's still bizarre. You're just having a dig at Murray for the sake of it (whilst pointing out how generous you are towards local charities in the process).

Very little Ant, you're right but that sort of money to a hospital research centre makes it a better partner for bigger trials. A global cancer trial to see if a product can be licensed costs anywhere from £30m to £150m.

That's at the end of the process though, a lot of the early research which creates the 'basic science' comes from academic hospitals, amongst other places.