Newcastle United Legends - vs AC Milan Glorie

Tom

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure which "others" you're in contact with. I didn't make Shearers testimonial but heard the atmosphere was great. This was shit. Anyone who says differently was either in the Strawberry corner where the singing was taking place or had considerably more Erdingers than me.

Very disappointed both personally and for the players. I'd think hard before going to another similar event.

Credit on the night to Di Canio who played very well, got boo'd all night and heavy tackled off Barton.

Just what I'd read on twitter.

Oh and re: the bit in bold, I find that pretty sad to be honest. I would have killed to be at the event and that the money was going to worthy charities I'd not really have minded if there wasn't 90 minutes of non-stop chanting. It's a testimonial where you got to see some true greats of the game and Brian Kilcine on the same pitch and you're complaining that it wasn't rowdy enough for you.

Aren't you also the guy who doesn't stand and chant and sing yourself?

Just what I'd read on twitter.

Oh and re: the bit in bold, I find that pretty sad to be honest. I would have killed to be at the event and that the money was going to worthy charities I'd not really have minded if there wasn't 90 minutes of non-stop chanting. It's a testimonial where you got to see some true greats of the game and Brian Kilcine on the same pitch and you're complaining that it wasn't rowdy enough for you.

Aren't you also the guy who doesn't stand and chant and sing yourself?

I was there, it was shit. What can I say. :)

I was there, it was shit. What can I say. :)

You could refrain from complaining that the atmosphere didn't match your expectations. You could realise that to get 50k for a testimonial is amazing, to get all that money going to worthy charities is laudable, getting to see all those incredible players is a privilege few will experience, you could realise that by saying that you'll think hard about going to watch another testimonial makes you sound like a bit of a prick?

fragglesjp_zps85d644ea.jpg

That photo is magic Cath, really evocative for me. If one of the Photobods could play around with it (like getting shot of the Sports Direct sign) that could be something he really values later on.

How many games has he been to?

Edited by The Fish

We went and enjoyed it. Had fun trying to work out who was who under the grey hair and seeing what kind of nick they were in. Surprised that Barton got among the biggest chant of the night. Almost choked when the Speed lads came on. Still we lost on penalties. And grudging credit to Di Canio for being up for being the panto villain