Newcastle United v West Ham (24 Aug) 15:00

Park Life

One thing I think everyone can agree on. It's an absolute disgrace that shola is starting games. No one to blame there but Ashley. It's hardly pardew's fault that he's invested fuck all and we've one of the poorest benches in the league.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabaye is sitting on his own in a room somewhere in the bowels of St James's Park, wrapped in twelve layers of cotton wool. There's no way it's his decision not to play. As soon as bids started coming in, Fat Mike will have ordered him to be pulled.

"It is understood it is Cabaye refused to play for #nufc today"

Chronicle.

Ashley's not going to bring in a better manager than Pardew but it doesn't mean Pardew should get off lightly for how dreadful we've been over the last 12 months or so.

I would judge him more harshly if they backed him in the slightest.

Ashley's not going to bring in a better manager than Pardew but it doesn't mean Pardew should get off lightly for how dreadful we've been over the last 12 months or so.

Well no, he's been pretty awful generally. But he hasn't exactly been dealt the greatest hand by the fat twat owner.

Why? :lol:

That's like saying its the cart's fault for the horse & cart being late. It is all, everything, the fuckin whole sorry fuckin mess, down to Ashley. Picking holes in Pardews methods and tactics is missing the point by a million fuckin miles. And appointing Kinnear to bring players in for him this summer does precisely what you say it doesn't, it absolves Pardew of all blame completely. That's if Ashley thinks its a good idea, and hes not done it on purpose just to get rid of Pardew.

Last season the players, Pardew,Lambias and Ashley all carry the can for a fuckin poor season. The appointment of Kinnear is a game changer where finger pointing is concerned though.

you also said pardew was the greatest thing ever and should manage england when you were told he was average when he arrived, this is why no one listens to you.

did you really just mention hoddle?

i'm assuming i fucking hope that was sarcasm, but poyet i'm guessing was you're serious suggestion, why?

Whats wrong with Hoddle like? Brilliant coach, poor man manager, that's what they say. He may have changed in the last decade though. I'd give him a go in front of Poyet.

That's like saying its the cart's fault for the horse & cart being late. It is all, everything, the fuckin whole sorry fuckin mess, down to Ashley. Picking holes in Pardews methods and tactics is missing the point by a million fuckin miles. And appointing Kinnear to bring players in for him this summer does precisely what you say it doesn't, it absolves Pardew of all blame completely. That's if Ashley thinks its a good idea, and hes not done it on purpose just to get rid of Pardew.

Last season the players, Pardew,Lambias and Ashley all carry the can for a fuckin poor season. The appointment of Kinnear is a game changer where finger pointing is concerned though.

Class. Going by your logic then we can't blame any of the players because Pardew picked them and it was Ashley that picked Pardew. :thumbsup:

you also said pardew was the greatest thing ever and should manage england when you were told he was average when he arrived, this is why no one listens to you.

did you really just mention hoddle?

i'm assuming i fucking hope that was sarcasm, but poyet i'm guessing was you're serious suggestion, why?

I never mentioned Pardew for England other than one sarcastic post. If you know otherwise, link or stfu :)

Well no, he's been pretty awful generally. But he hasn't exactly been dealt the greatest hand by the fat twat owner.

The squad is lacking depth, but there are enough players who should form a formidable first team most times and Pardew should foremost be judged by what he gets out of these players.

Edited by Isegrim

It's not as cut and dry as that as you well know.

Pardew has bleated a lot pre season about learning from his mistakes of last season, better training etc etc.

It's just the same.

He was backed very well in January.

They ''backed'' him in January because they didn't back him in Summer and they STILL sold his highest scoring player and they STILL haven't replaced him.

Class. Going by your logic then we can't blame any of the players because Pardew picked them and it was Ashley that picked Pardew. :thumbsup:

If that's what you took from what I said then fair enough. I did say that the players share some of the blame for last season, but don't let whats actually in the post stop you from thinking that I said something else. For me, in this season, 2013/14, the appointment of Kinnear changes the dynamic at the club to such an extent that this one decision from Ashley overrides pretty much everything else that's happened since the end of last season. Is that clearer for you, Mr McGoo?

Pardew's been undermined, if Ashley felt that strongly he should've just sacked him in June. I certainly wouldn't have argued with the logic of doing it, I'd have just been fearful about who would be next. And lets look at who its likely to be shall we?...whatever way you look at it, this abysmal summer and what may happen this season is down to Ashley.

lol are you two remembering something that didn't happen like? nevermind he's a binlid! he was god awful pretty much everywhere, he's also not managed in over 6years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Hoddle#Managerial_statistics

He's recognised as a brilliant coach, and that's all Pardew does, coach and pick the team. This set up may suit him. Not that he'd take it if offered anyway. Theres a lot of people say hes a loss to the game. Worth a gamble I'd say. What have we got to lose?..Hoddle or JFK is a no brainer for me. Ditto Poyet, whos a fuckin ego mainiac. Hoddles older and may have learned a but of humility.

He's recognised as a brilliant coach, and that's all Pardew does, coach and pick the team. This set up may suit him. Not that he'd take it if offered anyway. Theres a lot of people say hes a loss to the game. Worth a gamble I'd say. What have we got to lose?..Hoddle or JFK is a no brainer for me. Ditto Poyet, whos a fuckin ego mainiac. Hoddles older and may have learned a but of humility.

Yup

It's not as cut and dry as that as you well know.

Pardew has bleated a lot pre season about learning from his mistakes of last season, better training etc etc.

It's just the same.

Well what were people fuckin expecting? :lol:

Its the same players with the same coach, who's everso glad to be in the job but is ultimately just a mealy mouthed puppet for the cunt of an owner.

We have no momentum at all. We don't look like getting any from the owner, the manager, the players or the fans. It's a continuation from last season and it doesn't look like it's gonna get better. The whole club needs a lift and that will only come from signing players. We need some desperately or its gonna be a long season.

No manager out of the game for a long period of time should be given a job with such pressure.

This goes for Kinnear, Hoddle and Keegan.

We had a chance to get Rafa this summer.. pretty much the only decent manager available and we wasted the opportunity..

No manager out of the game for a long period of time should be given a job with such pressure.

This goes for Kinnear, Hoddle and Keegan.

We had a chance to get Rafa this summer.. pretty much the only decent manager available and we wasted the opportunity..

:lol: did we fuck

Brilliant coaches don't have 42% or lower win rates at every single club they have managed, theres 5 of them, so that allows for a bad attempt, an average team, and a team that's not expected to do much, whats the excuse for the two thats left?

England he had a 60% win rate then again it was only 28 games, and that might have been down to uri gellar or whoever it was he brought in to dangle spoons off gary neville ;)

That's ok, opinions/shminions, as I said he wouldn't be a manager per se, hed just be a coach. He's rated as a coach of players by people who have forgotten more about football than you or me will ever know.

Thing is, you've got to look at who's available and who'd take it, and who'd want to work for Ashley. I want Johan Cruyff as coach tbh, but am just trying to be sensible about this. Hoddle is possibly mad enough to consider it, and if Eileen Drewery told him it would be a good move then am sure he'd be up for it :)

I never mentioned Pardew for England other than one sarcastic post. If you know otherwise, link or stfu :)

Can't be bothered to spend ages searching, but after a 5 minute glance through "Pardew" & "Quality" I found this.

I got that magic feeling too!

You never want to get too excited with, especially during a window but bloody hell Pardew seems to be getting the best out of players all over the park, even my mate.