Newcastle United v West Ham (24 Aug) 15:00

Park Life

I've got to say I think I was at a different match to Happy Face, or he wasn't in gallowgate - there was booing at the end, but it was brief and met with a lot of harder applause by everyone round me. It wasn't a massive boo problem .

Marveaux deserved it, but I think the boo was more at the sub area rather than anything else, people wanted Shola off . I don't care for the stats Marv was shit, whether thats pardews fault I dont know. I totally don't understand why when WE are in possession we had everyone so narrow.

I didn't like the "Where's the signings Joe Kinnear" during the match though, cos I imagine it makes the players feel shit, you're basically saying they aren't good enough. It would have been much better before or after.

Not sure how you're describing a different game. Booing at the substitution and the final whistle. Only difference of opinion is whether it was justified. We didn't even know what people were booing so couldn't see what justified it.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marveaux's natural position is on the left and it's not like he was hugging the touchline either, he was more playing the way that Silva does for Man City which is a role I'd wanted to see him in for a while.

You might have a go at Ben Arfa but at least he tried to impose himself on the game and take responsibility whereas Marveaux just hid and didn't look like he wanted the ball.

I thought Robert used to disappear at times but he usually made up for it. We may actually be better off trying Sammy in place of Marv, at least he seems to work hard. Although I suppose there may be some logic in giving Marv a decent run in the team before writing him off. Just cant see him making it in this league though.

From what I caught of Marvaeux last season he seemed far stronger and happier through the middle, but then this was generally as an impact player coming on if we were after a home win or to come back from behind. He was a waste / was wasted out on the wing at the weekend, as was Ben Arfa really, again with him looking for more natural and comfortable once he crept into the middle to pick up and run towards the D

Ben Arfa can play anywhere but for me he's best when running at defences & creating chances through the middle. He's more direct than just spunking the balls into the box - he wants it to a players feet or in the top corner.

He looked in decent shape on Saturday apart from his gut. Although he needs to be playing games & he needs more movement around him or there will be a few more 30 yarders flying over.

Marveaux's natural position is on the left and it's not like he was hugging the touchline either, he was more playing the way that Silva does for Man City which is a role I'd wanted to see him in for a while.

You might have a go at Ben Arfa but at least he tried to impose himself on the game and take responsibility whereas Marveaux just hid and didn't look like he wanted the ball.

Yet people are saying he created more chances???

Not sure how you're describing a different game. Booing at the substitution and the final whistle. Only difference of opinion is whether it was justified. We didn't even know what people were booing so couldn't see what justified it.

I'm getting at the fact that the boo's lasted about 3 seconds and came from a very small section of the crowd.

Yet people are saying he created more chances???

For me mate, he was the only one who made any "chances", just a shame his chances were running it off the touchline and belting it from miles away - but no one else tried anything other than balls over the top - or sideways passing.

Are you? Can't be arsed to look, but I'm fairly sure you said you'd binned the camping due to the weather.

Came camping Friday, torrential rain over night and forecast all day Saturday so tents left in situ and home Saturday. Back 9am Sunday morning for a day at York followed by Flamingo land (woe is me today). Home tomorrow.

Posted Image

Me and X-ray vision super dog tonight on the drink :)

Came camping Friday, torrential rain over night and forecast all day Saturday so tents left in situ and home Saturday. Back 9am Sunday morning for a day at York followed by Flamingo land (woe is me today). Home tomorrow.

qaneqa5a.jpg

These furry things with four legs called 'dogs'. Anyone have one? What's the best way to stroke it? Does it bite you when you spill cats piss on its fur?

qaneqa5a.jpg

:lol: The dog looks amazing.

You look like a charva Tony Blair.