Newcastle United v West Ham (24 Aug) 15:00

Park Life

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been a fence sitter when it comes to Ashley, I've never hated anyone connected with football more in my life. He is laughing at us and making money while he does it. However, and I agree Pardew has been undermined, but to say his role in this shit is irrelevant is completely and utterly ridiculous. For starters his attitude when he gets interview "when the big claabs come sniffing abaht its difficuwt", I'm old school and no one representing Newcastle United should be suggesting we are not a big club. We're not a player anymore because we're no longer the third and fourth richest club in the country (as we were a decade ago), and I don't care what anyone says, that is Ashley's fault, it's as simple as that. He runs Newcastle United like Reggie Perrin run his empire, we're cheap, we have no class, nothing about the club has any class. We're not that much richer than a mickey mouse club like Everton or Sunderland now even.

Anyway, my main point is yes Pardew has had difficulties, but he's still a cunt, and he's an integral part of the problem. Removing the politics of the club for one minute, we've played 188 minutes of football this season and not had one shot on target. Yes it's the players fault, but remind me who has has 3 months to sort this team out to play some sort of effective football. Alan Pardew. There's a lot of thick people in football the same as there's a lot of intelligent people, but to play a style of play that involves ZERO movement is just unbelievable. Someone gets the ball and it's the most static team in English football down there. Someone gets the ball, and will look for the short pass, whereas a proper team has players running off the ball creating space all of the time. Shola and Cisse are a disgrace, but it's Pardew's job to organise them, and we'll be fucking shit till there's more movement, and lack of pace throughout the squad is a moot point because we have fast players. Fucking sick of it me. I'll probably get my season ticket taken off me because of a row with the steward yesterday and I don't care.

I've never been a fence sitter when it comes to Ashley, I've never hated anyone connected with football more in my life. He is laughing at us and making money while he does it. However, and I agree Pardew has been undermined, but to say his role in this shit is irrelevant is completely and utterly ridiculous. For starters his attitude when he gets interview "when the big claabs come sniffing abaht its difficuwt", I'm old school and no one representing Newcastle United should be suggesting we are not a big club. We're not a player anymore because we're no longer the third and fourth richest club in the country (as we were a decade ago), and I don't care what anyone says, that is Ashley's fault, it's as simple as that. He runs Newcastle United like Reggie Perrin run his empire, we're cheap, we have no class, nothing about the club has any class. We're not that much richer than a mickey mouse club like Everton or Sunderland now even.

Anyway, my main point is yes Pardew has had difficulties, but he's still a cunt, and he's an integral part of the problem. Removing the politics of the club for one minute, we've played 188 minutes of football this season and not had one shot on target. Yes it's the players fault, but remind me who has has 3 months to sort this team out to play some sort of effective football. Alan Pardew. There's a lot of thick people in football the same as there's a lot of intelligent people, but to play a style of play that involves ZERO movement is just unbelievable. Someone gets the ball and it's the most static team in English football down there. Someone gets the ball, and will look for the short pass, whereas a proper team has players running off the ball creating space all of the time. Shola and Cisse are a disgrace, but it's Pardew's job to organise them, and we'll be fucking shit till there's more movement, and lack of pace throughout the squad is a moot point because we have fast players. Fucking sick of it me. I'll probably get my season ticket taken off me because of a row with the steward yesterday and I don't care.

Agree with most of that, tried to post something similar in the Pardew thread.

The overall performance was so poor today I think it's wasteful discussing individuals too much. That said I thought Anita and Sissoko didn't really take the opportunity given to them.

However, what instructions they were given re safety first could have made a difference. Pardew seems to stifle individual performances IMO.

Thought they both had canny games.

Think it's the first time I've seen Sissoko do the real box to box thing and I liked seeing him drop deep to pick the ball up. He ran at West Ham a couple of times which was good to see and at the moment I'm far happier with him taking the ball from the defenders than I am Tiote. He didn't threaten in the opponents half as much as I'd like, but hope he makes a good fist of it in the middle with Anita.

Anita himself was not great first half, but was scholes-esque in the second :D. Always available and always able to find a team mate. Didn't do anything amazing but kept us ticking over as we finally managed to maintain some pressure, albeit without any end product whatsoever.

You agree Marveaux was a let down?

Good post Stevie.

Thought they both had canny games.

Think it's the first time I've seen Sissoko do the real box to box thing and I liked seeing him drop deep to pick the ball up. He ran at West Ham a couple of times which was good to see and at the moment I'm far happier with him taking the ball from the defenders than I am Tiote. He didn't threaten in the opponents half as much as I'd like, but hope he makes a good fist of it in the middle with Anita.

Anita himself was not great first half, but was scholes-esque in the second :D. Always available and always able to find a team mate. Didn't do anything amazing but kept us ticking over as we finally managed to maintain some pressure, albeit without any end product whatsoever.

You agree Marveaux was a let down?

Agree I thought those two in the middle looked pretty good for a fledgeling partnership.

better movement ahead of them would've made them look a fair bit better.

Removing the politics of the club for one minute, we've played 188 minutes of football this season and not had one shot on target.

Tiote forced a save from Hart :up:

The overall performance was so poor today I think it's wasteful discussing individuals too much. That said I thought Anita and Sissoko didn't really take the opportunity given to them.

However, what instructions they were given re safety first could have made a difference. Pardew seems to stifle individual performances IMO.

Out of interest what did you think of Marveaux yesterday?

i honestly forgot he was even on until the second half

Same. That's the issue I have with players like that - they go missing. He's got a heart the size of a pea.

Whoscored has him down for 7 key passes like. Next up is Anita with 3.

Bizarre. Anita looked alright at times yesterday - if Cabaye goes hopefully he has a good chance to learn the league and show his obvious class.

Great post McFaul. This is how I've felt since the very beginning as well and I've never been one to mince words about those two.

Agree with most of that if not all, Stevie. :good:

i honestly forgot he was even on until the second half

Me too. Got back to my seat second half start and was scratching my head who was subbed for him. Top post by Stevie btw, I'm jacking it in this season.

CT ignoring this thread then due to the questions on Marveaux?

Grow up man, I'm away camping.

Marveaux was poor like Ben Arfa and the rest. Seemed to pick out the more dangerous passes but those were few.

Should be in the middle not the wing.

It's all a bit shit though.

Enjoy the wilderness!

backyard-camping.jpeg

I've got to say I think I was at a different match to Happy Face, or he wasn't in gallowgate - there was booing at the end, but it was brief and met with a lot of harder applause by everyone round me. It wasn't a massive boo problem .

Marveaux deserved it, but I think the boo was more at the sub area rather than anything else, people wanted Shola off . I don't care for the stats Marv was shit, whether thats pardews fault I dont know. I totally don't understand why when WE are in possession we had everyone so narrow.

I didn't like the "Where's the signings Joe Kinnear" during the match though, cos I imagine it makes the players feel shit, you're basically saying they aren't good enough. It would have been much better before or after.

Marveaux was poor like Ben Arfa and the rest. Seemed to pick out the more dangerous passes but those were few.

Should be in the middle not the wing.

It's all a bit shit though.

And who is going to do the work of two men in the centre then? We cannot afford to play without width and we cannot afford to play with one central midfielder, so unless you're suggesting playing with a lone striker and Marveaux behind (a role that Ben Arfa is immeasurably better suited for) then I don't know what to think.

Well that's was a bit shit. Im still hopeful of a transfer or two before the end or the window. Good news NBCs coverage looks to be decent. Watched plenty of footy over the last week. Put I can't wait for day pardew is not our manager. I think JFK could do a better job. But I'd rather they'd all just fuck off.