Season Ticket Renewal/Apathy - £25 Half Season tickets

Tooj

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One guy cancelled his DD after the deadline so they've cancelled his swipe card. Don't know how widespread it is?

Oh, I'm so fucked.

They just fuck you! And they fuck you! And they fuck you!

And just when you think it's all over, that's when the real fucking starts!

• 3 weeks later...

practically giving them away

Junior tickets have been available for a fiver for the last 4 games running (Burnley, southampton, Stoke and Villa).

Funny thing about that write up is they're pushing the cheap vill atickets, but not the cheap Man U ones. Kids can go for £12 to that game...unless those seats sold out, which I doubt, given it's a late kick off.

• 4 weeks later...

With only 2 games left to go on sale at St James Park, it’s safe to assume those prices and get a view of the overall costs fans have paid to watch Newcastle home games this season.

West Brom and West Ham are to be announced, but it’s certain they will match the price structure already seen for Swansea, Villa, Stoke, Southampton, QPR and Leicester. So what was the cost for each game?

Looking at a standard adult in the Gallowgate and Leazes ends:

Tickets-Prices-2014-15-474x432.png

So a member spends £553 on tickets. With the £35 cost of membership that gives a total of £588.

A non-member could get tickets to all but 4 games themselves, and the cost would be £452, but members didn’t buy all the tickets on offer for 2 of the other 4 games.

Shamefully the club allowed these games to go ahead without selling out, rather than offer tickets publicly. If you had a season ticket or membership holding friend though, they could have easily got you a ticket for Arsenal and Man U at a cost of £36 and £42 respectively, bringing the non-member cost up to £530. A £58 saving over members, but it would mean sitting out the home defeat off the mackems (gratefully?) and the victory over Liverpool.

Many people entered long-term deals prior to the 14/15 tickets being announced, but for anyone investing in a season ticket for the first time, or coming to the end of a 3 year deal, the 2014/2015 season ticket prices in these areas were £578 for a single year and £549 for a 7 year deal.

Gallowgate-Ticket-Prices-2014-15-334x107

This offers only limited financial benefit over membership and anyone who has missed a single home game would have been better off with a membership over a season ticket. If you’re a season ticket holder that missed the Liverpool game, you’d probably have been better off not even stumping up for the membership and going public, given what was served up against Sunderland.

Remarkably, in the East Stand the totals are even more geared against Season Ticket Holders.

Ticket-Prices-East-Stand-2014-15-336x110

It is £20-£37 cheaper to be a member and take in ALL the games than it is to do so as an East Stand season ticket holder. If you’re ok with missing the visits of Sunderland and Liverpool the savings approach £100 for the same seat if you DON’T buy a Season Ticket or Membership.

The other interesting point to note from the ticket categorisation above is that Newcastle United have SIX different categories for the visits of 19 teams.

Only one other Premier League club has more than three and that is Everton with four.

Newcastle United are one of only two clubs where all of this information is not available on their website throughout the season, Manchester City showing a similar aversion to publicising which opponents will be in which category outside of the short window when tickets are on sale.

You can see similar comparisons for Junior and Senior tickets here, for whom it’s a similar tale.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/03/newcastle-season-ticket-holders-paying-more-than-general-public/#sthash.5VSeFtaH.dpuf

So I don't understand why there's even a comparison. £553 against £614, aye and?

...and this information isn't on the club website, unlike 18 other clubs in the league who are clear and up front about which games will be in which of a small number of categories, rather than making it up as they go along.

Out of the 7 lads I go with I think one has been able to get to every game. The point is to inform fans in making their decision whether to buy a season ticket or not.

...and this information isn't on the club website, unlike 18 other clubs in the league who are clear and up front about which games will be in which of a small number of categories, rather than making it up as they go along.

Out of the 7 lads I go with I think one has been able to get to every game. The point is to inform fans in making their decision whether to buy a season ticket or not.

Well they'd save money buying a season ticket in the Gallowgate and Leazes OVERALL than not doing so. On top of the ticket price, the arsehole has non season ticket holders paying £35 to be members before they can buy now too.

Well they'd save money buying a season ticket in the Gallowgate and Leazes OVERALL than not doing so. On top of the ticket price, the arsehole has non season ticket holders paying £35 to be members before they can buy now too.

Yeah, £10.

Not sure most people realise the Margin's are that tight. Which is why I made the point about most people missing the odd game each season.

It’s getting a bit tedious for me now.

Every day there is another article from someone about it.

Fair enough, some of them are well written and there’s little you can argue with in their reasoning, but if I have to read about one more fan whose love affair with Newcastle United is coming to an end…I might have to switch my reading material to Mills and Boon for some less emotionally overwrought stuff.

The Taylor report, Sky TV, Nick Hornby and Fantasy Football have a lot to answer for in the sanitization of the game, the romanticism of it alongside the expanding popularity, but this self-indulgent nonsense about fans breaking up with their club is becoming too much for me.

Can you imagine your granddad (or great granddad – if you’re a nipper) offering a 1000 word lament over such a decision?

For them, football was more likely something to do in the gap between pubs closing at 2.40pm and opening again at 6.30pm as they used to in the afternoons.

Wind, rain or shine, crap football or trophy winning, useless manager or master tactician, spendthrift owner or miserly. Going to the football was more often than not something better than going home to the wife. There’s more fun to be had being surrounded by like-minded friends and strangers, with a similar sense of humour who can laugh and bellyache and cheer and jeer together, irrespective of results.

We all know the logical reasons to stop going inside out of course, since the pubs went 24 hour and every game is available streamed live, there’s no logical reason to be at any game instead of being on the drink.

If you’ve made the logical decision, champion, but what now? Your decision isn’t an act of martyrdom that will inspire me to follow. People like me will be convinced to stop going either when the cost/reward balance tips backwards too much personally, or when we see a cohesive protest movement to follow, rather than individuals – more on that later.

Despite my loathing of Mike Ashley, I still go to the football because I still like going to the football. I enjoy the live experience in the Strawberry corner where we sing songs and take the pi** out of owner, manager and incapable players (I do the last of those FAR more than I “support the team not the regime”).

newcastle fans

I equally enjoy sitting in the family enclosure with my 7 year old nephew, embarrassing my knowledge by telling me the name of all the opposition players I wouldn’t know from Adam. I enjoy those moments that are becoming fewer and farther between that make the spine tingle, like the return of Jonas or being the first club to beat the league leaders as it approaches Christmas.

Now, clearly I’m a mug. No need to add to the comments on that score. I’m playing right into Ashley’s hands and we’ll never be rid of him as long as people like me legitimize his ownership. But just as clearly, even if I stop going, as thousands have already, nothing will change either, will it?

In November 2010 St James Park had over 10,000 empty seats for a premier league game (we lost 2-1 to Blackburn Rovers with a crowd of 41,053). This wasn’t publicized as a unified show of opposition to the owner, it was just that 10,000 fans couldn’t be bothered with it anymore. Apathy, not anger. It hasn’t been maintained either, there has only been one crowd below 49,000 at St James Park in 2014/2015.

Which brings me back to that cohesive movement.

I’m not criticizing fans that have stopped going, there are far better fans than I who have followed the club home and away for decades that are walking away in frustration. Nor am I claiming superfandom, I’ve not done more than a couple of away games in years. But I would say that walking away on principle will not ferment change, and you’re kidding yourself if you think it will, even if you write a strong article that gets thousands of retweets and likes.

There is an ideological separation between fans at the moment who criticize one another for going, or not going, which serves no productive purpose.

Whether we go to games or not, we need to ask what are we doing to pressure the owner? Protests inside the stadium and protests outside of the stadium can have an impact, but at the moment we see neither. Apathy in the stands and apathy in the pubs.

I would be 100% committed to any organised boycott where somebody else put in the legwork for me. It would need to gain traction with a majority, or even a significant minority. It would need someone willing to take the flak they’ll inevitably get when attempting to harness disparate fan groups. Someone connected enough to get the press, fanzines, fan forums and twitterati all on board. I thought the 60 minute walkout I took part in was a great success for a first attempt. It’s a shame the naysayers seem to have put off those that put the effort into pushing that.

Personally, I’m not so emotionally invested in the club being successful that I would sacrifice the time with my family to be involved in organising such an endeavor. I’m much happier taking in each game as it comes and complaining about things while hoping the inevitable change comes sooner rather than later.

Owners are despised across football, whether for spending so much of their own money that the club get into the Champions league and raise ticket prices for the visit of Barcelona (seriously), for borrowing too much money on behalf of the club and profiteering from the success it brings, or for not spending anything in the first place. I hope to be going to games and moaning about the owner, whoever it may be, for many years to come.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/03/if-only-the-kids-were-united-newcastle-fans-mike-ashley/#sthash.vnla3Duz.dpuf

Getting fucking tedious reading match going fans moaning about boycotting fans moaning about match going fans now, mind.

What right do you, a non match going former match goer, have to criticise match goers for their criticism of non-match going former.....

.. fuck it, you're right, it's tedious as fuck. :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

Tickets for the home game against West Brom £27 for an adult £13 for a kid "great value you may even get verbally abused by the manager or offered out for a fight with him" #stayawayboycottwba