Everton - Newcastle United

Aeris

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Norwich win dropped us into 16th place. We really need to beat Everton to move us way back up the table. A draw would move us up 4 places and put us above Man.U.

We need a win and maybe we can do it if Pardew gets his starting line-up right and doesn't screw-up with his substitutions.

I can see Tiote being brought into Midfield in replace of Anita - Pardew will do it to to add strength to the centre of the park. Its a shame as Anita has been putting in the performances and the only way he's going to get used to the physicality of the league is by regular game time.

Personally I would be dropping Cisse for this regardless of his goal against Leeds. He missed some sitters in that game and I'd rather see Gouff start up top tonight

I can see Tiote being brought into Midfield in replace of Anita - Pardew will do it to to add strength to the centre of the park. Its a shame as Anita has been putting in the performances and the only way he's going to get used to the physicality of the league is by regular game time.

Personally I would be dropping Cisse for this regardless of his goal against Leeds. He missed some sitters in that game and I'd rather see Gouff start up top tonight

Hasnt Pardew already said that Anita is ahead of Tiote at the moment?...or was that before Hull?..

Everton are a different proposition now under Martinez than they were with Moyes. With Moyes in charge I would have definitely said that we would need to bring Tiote in for his extra power but now I'm not so sure it's needed. Especially with them not having Felliani to bully teams any more.

Gonna be a tough game and that run doesn't make pretty reading at all. The Hull loss was a massive blow.

Colo and Remy (surprise surprsise) with knocks for this. Come in number 27, your time is now!

Where you heard that? I wouldn't be altogether surprised to see Taylor come back in anyway after we shipped in three against Hull. Remy being injured would be a massive kick in the stotts though if not unexpected!

I'd keep Sissoko in. We're pretty much going to spend the entire game counter attacking & he drives it forward better than most. Everton aren't as physical as they were so I'd probably keep Anita in there too.

Bring Tiote on in the second half if we need to settle it down. :up:

Aye same, I don't feel like we have to close up in the middle against this everton side, their threat will be from the wings so keeping Anita and Sissokos mobility will be key as will winning the footballing battle in the midfield rather than the physical one Fellaini brought to them.

Oh the joy of the hours before the game starts.

A week is waiting to be ruined or made but right now, RIGHT NOW I can dream of the feast Newcastle will serve up, the post match praise, the interviews etc.

Shouldn't have started drinking before 5 I guess.

4-5