Newcastle United - Liverpool

Aeris

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fucking hate this "that would have been a yellow if he hadn't already been booked" shit - red shirt cowardice - should expect it by now but it still rankles.

Canny performance though.

Aye the channel I was watching had what I think was a mackem commentating (didn't catch the name) but he was pretty pro-Newcastle which made a nice change. They still went acka when Liverpool equalised like Chez said mind, but he did make "would have been booked if he hadn't already" about Gerrard (as well as making it about 2 toon players).

I'd really like to see Dummett start against the mackems, he's impressed against Jesus Navas and the amazingly amazing "new SAS" strikeforce that 52,000 paid money to see today.

Like many I'm really sick of the fawning over them 2 mind, at one point the commentator said "Suarez's touch is just a joy to watch, people come here just to see it, Uh and there it was again" as he received a 2 yard pass and passed it back to the same guy :lol:.

BT giving plenty air time to McManaman to talk about 'Liverpool Football Club' and plenty to first Stevie Gerrard and now Brendan Rogers. :lol:

:lol: "How do you feel to score your 100th goal?" Gerrard squeaked his answer before "ohhhh yeah, so you still remember your first goal?" and Gerrard proceeds to wax lyrical about how he remembers his first goal to near audible tugging from the interviewer. Of course they ignore a lad that just scored his first goal for his hometown club that very day :lol:. Que the "massive disappointment for Liverpool football club as they would have expected 3 points today" diddums I'm sorry that two teams play the game, they were 2nd best today 11 v 11 and looked poor generally aside from 2 mental lapses from our defense who were otherwise great. Like MT said the lack of praise for our performance especially after we went down to 10 men is a disgrace.

Was at the match so thankfully missed the BT shite. A new channel and a chance to do it differently, but it sounds like the Liverpool media mafia has its grip already.

Tiote was an absolute beast today. His presence brings the best out of Cabaye too.

Like most, I thought it was game over when the red card came out, but the midfield worked their knackers off.

Solid performance, regardless of the result (lets face it, we could easily have conceded a third in the last 10 minutes).

What about no comment on the Liverpool Football Club player who brought the ball down Harlem Globetrotters style with not a peep said by anyone? Where's young Dummett's interview? What about Pardew? This is a national broadcaster supposedly neutral in a game between two well supported clubs. Truly lamentable and a indicator why certain clubs get more money through sponsorship as a by product of one sided coverage.

What about no comment on the Liverpool Football Club player who brought the ball down Harlem Globetrotters style with not a peep said by anyone? Where's young Dummett's interview? What about Pardew? This is a national broadcaster supposedly neutral in a game between two well supported clubs. Truly lamentable and a indicator why certain clubs get more money through sponsorship as a by product of one sided coverage.

Part of me thinks we're just being a bit defensive of our club but they really were that biased. Going to look on RAWK I think, expecting lots of praise for BT's coverage.

What did Ginola do in the studio?? @Chez or anyone else? :unsure:

Good performance with 11. Interesting system, they rotated across the front line quite a bit in the first half.

Second half as good as we could have hoped for, Dummet not only scored but showed he's not a mug defender either. Good attitude from all the players.

Quite pleased. Now, in the words of the song, "bring on the clowns" :D

Good performance with 11. Interesting system, they rotated across the front line quite a bit in the first half.

Second half as good as we could have hoped for, Dummet not only scored but showed he's not a mug defender either. Good attitude from all the players.

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

He did that to the knob presenter.

AND HE WAS RIGHT!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=545018538900711

We were surprising the better team from the get go. Liverpool's setup really did not seem to work at all, so despite them being regarded as having superior players they were second best.

M'Biwa's foul was just plain silly. What we got after that was still surprisingly good considering we played more than half of the game a man down against a side who turned us over 6-0 less than six months ago.

Dummet's finish was as composed as you'll see from a world class finisher, absolutely stoked for him.

Plenty of nail biting moments late on, escaping with a point under the circumstances is a very good result. M'Biwa would want to be apologising his butt off to the rest of the team.

Never thought I'd say it but we've looked more solid defensively since Williamson came back in. Credit where it's due - he's done well.

Good result and performance. We were the better side with 11 men and never looked like rolling over after the sending off.

Good day at the office for Pardew too, I liked the way we were set up with Ben Arfa seeing loads of the ball through the middle.

I dont think he will be appearing in the liverpool studio again in any event.

Bez once interrupted Richard Keys in the studio of a Man U v NUFC game as Keys was in the process of sticking up for Gary Neville after a snidey tackle to call Neville a 'cunt' (politely of course). Keys didn't like it. Never seen Bez again on Sky.

Bez once interrupted Richard Keys in the studio of a Man U v NUFC game as Keys was in the process of sticking up for Gary Neville after a snidey tackle to call Neville a 'cunt' (politely of course). Keys didn't like it. Never seen Bez again on Sky.

I bet Bez was gutted. Not seen Keys on there for a while either.

Edited by desmondTUTU

He didn't read the small print about the consequences of not licking the arse of either Sky/Keys/Gray/'United'/Liverpool Football Club/Arsenal/Sir Alex Ferguson.

Gutted he was. He'd just ordered a lovely, expensive pair of headphones for some sky work on a saturday to join the rest of the multitude of ex-NUFC players plying their trade as pundits.