Newcastle United - Liverpool

Aeris

The match itself, we controlled the game with that set up but sacrificed a target man in the box for good possession and it worked until the sending off. I'd love to see us buy/promote a player from within who can attack any ball in the air for both attacking and defensive duties. Chuffed for Dummett, would've liked to see Moussa show a bit more bite and aggression in his game. What's going to happen defensively for the derby?

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a great performance from us, all things considered. Thought we were the better team really, expected a thrashing from Liverpool. Have to say the Boys did really well. Tiote seems to be coming back to the player we saw when he first arrived well, took the responsibility of Captain well. Very pleased with Drummet scored a goal and played well.

I think Tiote was quite lifted by the captains armband - brilliant decision from Pardew in retrospect - because it baffled me initially.

It's nice to have a little bit of rotation with Tiote and Anita :up:

Tiote seems to have dropped the Mr T attitude a little as well. It's good when used at the right time but not diving in every 5 seconds. Maybe the witch doctor spell ran out or summit

He needed to shift that from his game - you can't go kicking every bugger all the time. He also needed to ditch the Hollywood shit as he's best at winning the ball and distributing it to a player better placed to stimulate the attack.

The match itself, we controlled the game with that set up but sacrificed a target man in the box for good possession and it worked until the sending off. I'd love to see us buy/promote a player from within who can attack any ball in the air for both attacking and defensive duties. Chuffed for Dummett, would've liked to see Moussa show a bit more bite and aggression in his game. What's going to happen defensively for the derby?

What was our possession with 11 men, because it was shit overall. I actually don't think the red card affected us negatively much because Sissoko was awful and Drummet was an improvement over Mbiwa. Thought a draw was a fair result overall but really pleased with the passion and commitment we showed. Special mention for Goufran, what a shift he put in.

He needed to shift that from his game - you can't go kicking every bugger all the time. He also needed to ditch the Hollywood shit as he's best at winning the ball and distributing it to a player better placed to stimulate the attack.

:aye: He really impressed today, I think it was his best game since possibly the 3-0 over Man U in 2012. The play where he overpowered Moses (I think) in the centre circle before surging forward was great, unfortunately he decided to take a shot when he had Ben Arfa moving wide of him as a good option if he slowed a little. Apart from that one mental ball where he hit sturridge he kept his passing simple like he used to.

I think Tiote was quite lifted by the captains armband - brilliant decision from Pardew in retrospect - because it baffled me initially.

It's nice to have a little bit of rotation with Tiote and Anita :up:

Not a position you want to rotate though, surely.

What was our possession with 11 men, because it was shit overall. I actually don't think the red card affected us negatively much because Sissoko was awful and Drummet was an improvement over Mbiwa. Thought a draw was a fair result overall but really pleased with the passion and commitment we showed. Special mention for Goufran, what a shift he put in.

It was more what we did with the possession until the sending off. For actual stats see HF or his Scouse equivalent. :)

Hollywood Tiote. That goal against arsenal did him more harm than good. :lol:

82 passes attempted, 75 of which found a team mate.

Says 76% on the Sky app, versus 87% for Liverpool, which feels about right to me. Got a feeling that we looked better on TV than in the flesh, because I think some of the comments on here are ott. Mind, glad I missed that BT coverage.

Well worth getting up at four thirty in the morning.

Was convinced we would lose but what a brilliant result.

When we went down to ten men I knew we would lose, joke was on me.

Pardew made 2 mistakes, he put BenArfa in the middle and left him there too long.

Welcome back Tiote.

Wonder what the result would've been had we kept 11 men on the pitch?

Have to take a point, but it's more comforting that we put in a shift defensively against one of the in-form offences in the league - with Williamson at the back.

Hopefully this is a good boost to team morale!

Hollywood Tiote. That goal against arsenal did him more harm than good. :lol:

It did aye. I'd love to see the stats but for all the shots I can remember him having he's got shots against Arsenal and Wigan on target.

It's not so much the shooting as the ridiculous passing he was trying. 35 curling through balls over the top or something :lol:

Debuchy my man of the match today - he was everywhere - but both full backs were superb. It's nice to see them showing their obvious class and I hope it continues. :up:

Comfortable win for them I reckon, I think Remy aside we're struggling up front and we're unconvincing at the back.

They will tear us a new arsehole without a doubt. Could easily be as bad as last season. Everton 1st half shows we are still an embarrassment at the back.

These have been beat at home by Southampton and only got a point at Swansea. Don't believe the hype.A lot of their victories have been quite narrow. We've played two really poor halves of football all season (Everton and Hull) where we really didn't deserve fuck all. The rest have been mostly competent. We need to score first though to stand any chance of winning this. Confidence is a bit fragile at the best of times, and we're missing Colo. We'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9vQaVIoEjOM#t=49