mackems vs Newcastle United

Brock Manson

Not read this, so excuse any repetitions.

Sissoko needs dropping for a while, he did absolutely nothing and showed no desire to do anything. Terrible.

Dummett's inexperience (and possibly a lack of ability) was exposed for both goals, but I can't be too harsh on him as I don't think it's fair to have a pop at the 5th choice centre back in a game like this. Kid

Williamson gifted possession time and time again, he's ok alongside a better centre back, but he cannot be the lead centre back again. Thanks for avoiding that Centre back that was available for nowt Ashley, dodged a bullet there didn't we? League 1

Remy was feeding off scraps all game, because Sissoko was a passenger and we failed to take hold of the midfield until he was pushed wide, however when he did get the ball he did nothing with it. Disappointing.

Gouffran did nothing wrong, but he didn't do anything right either. Anonymous

Krul couldn't really do much for either goal, so I can't really have a go at him. Average

Both Santon & Debuchy played well, but their final balls weren't great, again I think this is as much down to poor forward play as failings on their part. Driving

Ben Arfa had another quiet game but still looked more dangerous than most. Moments

Cabaye was all right especially when we moved from a midfield 3 with Sissoko. Decent.

Tiote had another good game, rarely lost his head, but was another player let down by his team mates. Captain.

Pardew - I was pleased he changed things when they weren't working and I was pleasantly surprised when he brought Cisse on as that showed attacking intent (even though the gamble didn't pay off), but he isn't getting commitment from the players, we're still clueless at set pieces (attacking and defending) and we're still a 45minute team. If it wasn't obvious that the replacement would be worse I'd say this game was the turning point for me.

The subs (Cisse aside) did all right. (By that I mean they didn't do anything that bad)

Edited by The Fish

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wrong about Tiote imo. Continues to lose the ball, dive, kick people, think he's xavi etc.

Agree. He was pretty decent up till the last 20 minutes, lost it after that.

The needless giving away of freekicks. Then failing to clear the ball in dangerous areas and trying to hold onto it as if he's, like you say, Xavi.

Tiote and Cabaye the only players that can come away with any credit from an attacking point of view, Remy and Gouffran did nowt, HBA offered very little until moved out left. Cisse, less said the better.

Tin hat on here, I would rather see Shola up top, simply for his hold up play, with HBA and Remy playing off him.

Good post there Fish, it is worrying that we're a 45 min team tbh. I've no idea what is wrong as we have good players on the books but they never really turn up together, some do one game but then don't bother the next. It's just tough watching other teams players work hard every game, even when they get completely outclassed they still work hard and don't roll over, whereas our team tend to just roll over and take a drumming and when we are against a lesser side we never effectively step up and control the game. Pardew really needs to sort himself out as it's all embarrassing, he's what worries me the most tbh as players like Sissoko and Cisse looked incredible when they first come yet now look very poor (cisse especially). I mean watching Sissoko today I'd never believe you that he burnt Ashley Cole for pace and put two past Chelsea.

In comparison to some of our other players Tiote did ok. Still wanted too much time on the ball, but played his position which is half the battle with him post season one.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 2m

#nufc believe coverage of Mike Ashley protest march was too harsh.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 2m

#nufc have banned @EveningChron from SJP and all media facilities. Alan Pardew refused to take any questions after defeat v #safc

You're wrong about Tiote imo. Continues to lose the ball, dive, kick people, think he's xavi etc.

83% pass completion, highest on the team

Highest number of ball recoveries (5)

highest number of fair tackles (4)

Highest number of interceptions (4)

committed 4 fouls, none in the same league as Cabaye's yellow card, also suffered the most fouls

committed 4 fouls, none in the same league as Cabaye's yellow card, also suffered the most fouls

Which is what makes that moment or two of pure stupidity so frustrating.

Tiote was our best player today and our best player last weekend.

If the challenge on Altidore by Tiote was a foul, then Fletcher jumping on Dummett was also a foul.

Sour grapes mebbies, but the ref got it wrong there.

Agreed, Altidore also got the free kick when he dived under pressure from Dummett, up the other end 5 minutes later Cisse went down under actual contact and told to get up. Fletcher was climbing all over Dummett for the first in all. Probert gave in to the home fans today, thoroughly depressing that we have to look to things like this shows how poor we were. Like I've said we didn't deserve any points from that but they got some big gifts from the ref, especially the Fletcher one he bottled that for sure. Edited by Howay

Which is what makes that moment or two of pure stupidity so frustrating.

My point is that to say he's always giving away the ball, diving into tackles and thinking he's Iniesta, isn't backed up by the evidence.

The foul he committed that lead to Borini's winner was on the halfway line. Williamson, Dummett and Cabaye could all have done something about it before the ball hit the back of the net. Even by committing another foul just so that we could regroup.

This is like people on Twitter having a go at the Ameobi brothers. As if the damage had not already been done?

Gave away the free kick that led to their goal, turned his back, moaned and forgot there was actually a game of football still going on.

Last week he lay down in our box, got up and had a jog back onside

2 goals, 2 games. And people are saying these are his 2 best games for us :lol:

Gave away the free kick that led to their goal, turned his back, moaned and forgot there was actually a game of football still going on.

Last week he lay down in our box, got up and had a jog back onside

2 goals, 2 games. And people are saying these are his 2 best games for us :lol:

Did I say he couldn't have done better for Borini's? No, I just said that you saying he always gives the ball away, dives in, kick people and think he's Iniesta is cliched bollocks.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 2m#nufc believe coverage of Mike Ashley protest march was too harsh.Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 2m#nufc have banned @EveningChron from SJP and all media facilities. Alan Pardew refused to take any questions after defeat v #safc

So he's either been told he's sacked or he's going to see Ashley now to be told?...

My point is that to say he's always giving away the ball, diving into tackles and thinking he's Iniesta, isn't backed up by the evidence.

The foul he committed that lead to Borini's winner was on the halfway line. Williamson, Dummett and Cabaye could all have done something about it before the ball hit the back of the net. Even by committing another foul just so that we could regroup.

This is like people on Twitter having a go at the Ameobi brothers. As if the damage had not already been done?

We were caught out, it was a silly challenge. Im not blaming Tiote for the defeat, he was better than most, but he never seems to learn that there are times when you just cant give stupid free kicks away.

Did I say he couldn't have done better for Borini's? No, I just said that you saying he always gives the ball away, dives in, kick people and think he's Iniesta is cliched bollocks.

Is it fuck, I've watched him do it every time he's played for the past 2 years

So he's either been told he's sacked or he's going to see Ashley now to be told?...

More likely that he's toeing company line, though it's not like there isn't already plenty of fuel on the fire of Ashley's discontent with Pardew and vice versa.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 2m

#nufc believe coverage of Mike Ashley protest march was too harsh.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 2m

#nufc have banned @EveningChron from SJP and all media facilities. Alan Pardew refused to take any questions after defeat v #safc

Lee Ryder@lee_ryder

The ban was agreed by Joe Kinnear, Alan Pardew, Lee Charnley, John Irving and the club Press office. #nufc

Says it all really.....