Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

Or spend £8m in the hope of doubling your money in a year ;)

:razz: If he's gona score enough to attract big bids in a year, then he's clearly gonna be worth more than double..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved seeing Drogba applaud it mind. Bloke's a prick...but that just made it all the sweeter.

You could Ashley Cole on the bench trying to figure out how he had done it.

don't you remember how shearer played for blackburn? he used to get in behind with strength and pace, as does cisse. he lost that yard of pace by the time he joined us after he did his ankle so we never really saw that side to his game. but the way he muscles players off the ball, his strength and movement and the way he strikes the ball, instinctively, almost always hitting the target, reminds me very much of a young shearer.

Aye, I do remember him at Blackburn. Even then he was much stronger than Cisse at holding players off with his back to goal. I know Shearer has pace then too. He wasn't lightening quick but had enough pace to get away if he got the wrong side of you. Cisse just doesn't really remind me of him style-wise. There's some similarities though, the workrate for example. Shearer's loss of pace came as a result of the injury after he joined us btw. We saw about a season of the 'real' Shearer. Although 2 seasons before that, i.e. when Blackburn won the league was him at his very best. Sutton scored a shitload because both CBs concentrated on Shearer.

Aye, I do remember him at Blackburn. Even then he was much stronger than Cisse at holding players off with his back to goal. I know Shearer has pace then too. He wasn't lightening quick but had enough pace to get away if he got the wrong side of you. Cisse just doesn't really remind me of him style-wise. There's some similarities though, the workrate for example. Shearer's loss of pace came as a result of the injury after he joined us btw. We saw about a season of the 'real' Shearer. Although 2 seasons before that, i.e. when Blackburn won the league was him at his very best. Sutton scored a shitload because both CBs concentrated on Shearer.

yeah, it was the ankle injury he sustained while playing for us, like i said, that robbed him of his pace.

see my reply above. i'm talking about shearer for blackburn. he was a very different player then to how he played for us.

I can read you know.

Fucking Collymore man. "He'll be being scouted from Milan to Manchester" shortly after they'd made the £15m buyout clause up. Next time they're my only option to listen to the match, I'm going to give it a miss.

You said he lost that yard of pace by the time he joined us though. Not that that really has much to do with the discussion about their playing styles.

i said - he lost that yard of pace by the time he joined us after he did his ankle so we never really saw that side to his game

i was referring to the ankle injury he sustained while with us just after we sold ferdinand. i think it was start of his second season. never really recoverd his old game after that.

Fucking Collymore man. "He'll be being scouted from Milan to Manchester" shortly after they'd made the £15m buyout clause up. Next time they're my only option to listen to the match, I'm going to give it a miss.

aye I bet talksports got the exclusive on that one :icon_lol:

You said he lost that yard of pace by the time he joined us though. Not that that really has much to do with the discussion about their playing styles.

you're blatantly alex btw aren't you? how come you closed the old account?

i said - he lost that yard of pace by the time he joined us after he did his ankle so we never really saw that side to his game

i was referring to the ankle injury he sustained while with us just after we sold ferdinand. i think it was start of his second season. never really recoverd his old game after that.

I know what you said. It still doesn't make any sense though. We saw a full season of the pre-injury Shearer. I've already said that. :lol:

I'd be tempted to take Leazesmag off ignore if were to qualify for the champions league. I'd be intrigued to see if he changes his tune in any way.

I know what you said. It still doesn't make any sense though. We saw a full season of the pre-injury Shearer. I've already said that. :lol:

so i should have said hardly instead of never. the point i'm making is pretty obvious.

welcome back alex

Edited by Dr Gloom

You're not making a lot of sense tbh Daniel. Take a few deep breaths in future.

it's a combination of the result, the whiskey and this annoying double quote thing that seems to keep happening.

oh, and fatigue. not often i post on here at this time on a school night these days.

but these kind of seasons don't come around every year.

I think Cisse is more of an instinctive finisher than Shearer, who seemed to be able to finish well under pressure, and had mental strength comparable with any of the great athletes in history. It's like if you were trying to have a shit in a baguette: sure, Cisse would get it in the baguette, he'd get it all over the baguette, but it'd be splattered everywhere and wouldn't be presentable as a meal; Shearer, on the other hand, would pump out a perfectly placed turd--and this while a group of homosexual Norwegian men wearing Calven Klein underwear and coated head to foot in vaseline were stood around laughing at him--right bang in the middle of the baguette so you wouldn't be able to differentiate it from a sausage, but for the fetid stench. Clinical.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

I think Cisse is more of an instinctive finisher than Shearer, who seemed to be able to finish well under pressure, and had mental strength comparable with any of the great athletes in history. It's like if you were trying to have a shit in a baguette: sure, Cisse would get it in the baguette, he'd get it all over the baguette, but it'd be splattered everywhere and wouldn't be presentable as a meal; Shearer, on the other hand, would pump out a perfectly placed turd--and this while a group of homosexual Norwegian men wearing Calven Klein underwear and coated head to foot in vaseline were stood around laughing at him--right bang in the middle of the baguette so you wouldn't be able to differentiate it from a sausage, but for the fetid stench. Clinical.

:lol: