Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we really need a modern day equivalent of a Freddie Fletcher on the commercial front to help maximise our revenues as much as possible to help us compete. Although then again this will never be a priority for Ashley whilst he's happy gaining exposure for his Sports Direct empire at minimal if any outlay.

6gd1qg.jpg

2i9qaf5.jpg

£20m of lost ground remains to be made up across the two.

Aye, damn that scoundrel Mike Ashley with his reasonable ticket prices.

You think his aim is to charge as little as he can for a ticket? Did you seen the prices for the last remaining Sunderland tickets?

People are willing to pay for a good show, but not for shite. He's had to drop prices to keep people coming because he's served up shite.

At the minute all the speculation seems to be who we will or wont sign. I'm just wondering if we fast forward 11 days to the end of the window and we haven't signed (permanently/loaned) anyone how you'll feel ?. I think deep down we're hoping that we will at least get "someone over the line" as the saying goes but if we dont do you think there'll be any backlash towards Ashley & co or will it just be a case of "well we knew that was going to happen"

You think his aim is to charge as little as he can for a ticket? Did you seen the prices for the last remaining Sunderland tickets?

People are willing to pay for a good show, but not for shite. He's had to drop prices to keep people coming because he's served up shite.

Apologies, just a bit of devil's advocate.

I do think the season ticket prices are pretty fair though, all things considered.

You got yer head buried in the sand enough to not have heard of the 2008 crash? A rather obvious reason for the down turn on the commercial side.

Why have no other clubs been impacted by the crash? Every other club has seen growth in non-tv revenue.

At the minute all the speculation seems to be who we will or wont sign. I'm just wondering if we fast forward 11 days to the end of the window and we haven't signed (permanently/loaned) anyone how you'll feel ?. I think deep down we're hoping that we will at least get "someone over the line" as the saying goes but if we dont do you think there'll be any backlash towards Ashley & co or will it just be a case of "well we knew that was going to happen"

I think everybody expects NUFC to get someone "over the line", but if nothing were to happen I don't think many would be shocked. Disappointed, but not shocked.

Could we really be interested in Zouma? What a signing that would be. Surely bigger clubs will be interested though.

By all accounts he's off to Chelsea. He'd be a fantastic signing for us though. Him and Yanga-Mbiwa would have the potential to be our central defensive pairing for the next decade.

Been watching some youtube reels of Cabella (I kna I kna) and he looks canny, seems to track back a bit by the videos (a lot of them seem to start with him winning the ball or picking it up quite deep, in the ones I saw anyway). Never seen him in a full game or owt, so the lads that have is that his game? or have the videos just happened to catch a few of him on the rare occasions he does.

Good to hear about an interest in Zouma but hasn't he also been on the phone to Mourinho? bit odd he's on the phone to everyone mind St Etienne must be fuming.

Been watching some youtube reels of Cabella (I kna I kna) and he looks canny, seems to track back a bit by the videos (a lot of them seem to start with him winning the ball or picking it up quite deep, in the ones I saw anyway). Never seen him in a full game or owt, so the lads that have is that his game? or have the videos just happened to catch a few of him on the rare occasions he does.

Good to hear about an interest in Zouma but hasn't he also been on the phone to Mourinho? bit odd he's on the phone to everyone mind St Etienne must be fuming.

If Hatem frustrates Pardew this fella will drive him mad.