Politics

Christmas Tree

49 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It doesn't, no. It does potentially mean she has more of an idea about what it's like to live in adverse conditions than someone like Boris does, 

its  a pet peeve of mine but i hate it when people call him Boris, plays into his bumbling idiot harmless fun guy persona

49 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

She lost me somewhat on her crime and punishment stance which I just flat out disagree with. She's fine but not a heavyweight whatsoever IMO.

Agreed, disgusting outburst.

i do quite like her attack mode in parliament 

• Like 1

Aye I've had people raise the 'Boris' thing before and in general I do make the effort on here to use 'Johnson' for the reasons you've given, but for me personally, last naming him feels like I'm giving him more respect than he deserves. He's a clown, not a serious statesman.

Anyway I'll keep trying to remember to use his last name here.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye I've had people raise the 'Boris' thing before and in general I do make the effort on here to use 'Johnson' for the reasons you've given, but for me personally, last naming him feels like I'm giving him more respect than he deserves. He's a clown, not a serious statesman.

Anyway I'll keep trying to remember to use his last name here.

Johnson is also slang for dick, though, so there’s that. 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

What's people's thoughts on Rayner? My friends last night were saying how amazing she is because she came from a council estate and has no formal qualifications. Does that make her a great politician? 

I can see why people want more diversity in government so to that extent I’m all for it. As to whether she’s any good I don’t know, although she’s got the gravy train angle going pretty good from what I’ve heard.

she’s also a grandma 😳

39 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

I can see why people want more diversity in government so to that extent I’m all for it. As to whether she’s any good I don’t know, although she’s got the gravy train angle going pretty good from what I’ve heard.

she’s also a grandma 😳

What you heard, mate? 

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

What you heard, mate? 

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, please elaborate on the gravy train? 

this video… yes it’s posted by the Daily Mail so trigger warnings if anyone needs them

make of it what you will

obviously not condoning snouts in troughs by anyone and certainly not claiming that the tories don’t do it

I’m surprised, shocked in fact, that a non-specific accusation made somewhere where you can lie with impunity (picked up by the MSM!!!!) passed the rigorous tests normally applied by the AWAKE

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The onus is on the person making the accusation to prove it.

You’d think if it wasn’t true it wouldn’t be too hard to find some pushback.

I just said I’d heard she was a bit troughtastic and posted where I’d heard it

2 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

You’d think if it wasn’t true it wouldn’t be too hard to find some pushback.

I just said I’d heard she was a bit troughtastic and posted where I’d heard it

If it’s true, prove it

• Like 1

Come on, I’ll make it easy for you. Who are the other MPs Mourdant was referring to? What was the combined amount they received in donations between the start of the pandemic (say February 2020) and that day in Parliament? What did Rayner receive in the same period? And, based on those figures, is the accusation made by Mourdant true? 

• Like 2

It’s weird picking through a convo when you have someone on ignore but also kind of pleasing when they can’t prove the nonsense they spout. You see a once sided argument and then realise the bumming they are getting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Come on, I’ll make it easy for you. Who are the other MPs Mourdant was referring to? What was the combined amount they received in donations between the start of the pandemic (say February 2020) and that day in Parliament? What did Rayner receive in the same period? And, based on those figures, is the accusation made by Mourdant true? 

my only claim was that I’d heard she was no stranger to getting her snout in the trough

I then posted the video where I’d heard it

I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised if Boris Johnson has a worse record but I never claimed that he wasn’t getting his snout in too.

Here’s a link to her disclosures

https://www.parallelparliament.co.uk/mp/angela-rayner/financial-disclosure

nearly £450,000 for that time period by my reckoning

• Like 1

On 20/02/2022 at 08:59, wykikitoon said:

What's people's thoughts on Rayner? My friends last night were saying how amazing she is because she came from a council estate and has no formal qualifications. Does that make her a great politician? 

Not necessarily but it does look like she genuinely cares about people.

FMShfXeXoAU-XgA?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
  • Haha 2