Politics

Christmas Tree

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I work from home and would I fuck tolerate my lad bunking off school. Just makes things immeasurably harder. 

Yeah, I’d love to see the evidence connecting the two things. I mean s kid could obviously be skipping school when the parent is working from home, without the parent knowing (because the kid isn’t at home), but how’s that any different to if they’re at work in the office or whatever? The idea kids are doing it more because of home working makes fuck all sense. They just blame things on whatever suits their narrative 

• Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

Yeah, I’d love to see the evidence connecting the two things. I mean s kid could obviously be skipping school when the parent is working from home, without the parent knowing (because the kid isn’t at home), but how’s that any different to if they’re at work in the office or whatever? The idea kids are doing it more because of home working makes fuck all sense. They just blame things on whatever suits their narrative 

It's just the same dumb top down thinking, if someone isn't sitting in an office they can't be as productive, can they?! I know when I was at Royal London at the beginning of the first lockdown we found that productivity actually went up, and people were more likely to be online for longer hours too. In my new role I've maybe been in the office 5 times in 3 years. The same is true across my team and many of the other teams I deal with. There's zero appetite from middle management and below for a return to the office. Of course the Ops managers and people who sign the cheques for the giant buildings are keen to have bums on seats, but frankly beyond some meeting spaces I'm not sure what the justification could be?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm listening to R5 now to a speech by Sunak which is a blatant party poitical broadcast, paid for by us. 

I’ve just caught a clip of that. “Labour has no plans for our borders” etc despite the fact Starmer was in Dover last week and literally said what his plans for the borders were :lol:

He’s not even trying anymore, like a blind old dog shitting on the settee rather than trying to at least pretend he’s trying to find the back door. It’s time for Sunak to go and “live on a farm”.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I’ve just caught a clip of that. “Labour has no plans for our borders” etc despite the fact Starmer was in Dover last week and literally said what his plans for the borders were :lol:

He’s not even trying anymore, like a blind old dog shitting on the settee rather than trying to at least pretend he’s trying to find the back door. It’s time for Sunak to go and “live on a farm”.

Was a bizarre speech. He accused Labour of scare mongering, then went on to scaremonger about the world changing over the next 5 years more than at any poiunt in history. He said Labour were the party of the past, despite the tories being in charge for the last 14 years. He said the tories will win the GE, but won't put this to the test by naming a date. He said our democracy is under threat, despite him being unelected. He is an absolute bellend. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Was a bizarre speech. He accused Labour of scare mongering, then went on to scaremonger about the world changing over the next 5 years more than at any poiunt in history. He said Labour were the party of the past, despite the tories being in charge for the last 14 years. He said the tories will win the GE, but won't put this to the test by naming a date. He said our democracy is under threat, despite him being unelected. He is an absolute bellend. 

Preaching to the converted. Luckily they're dying out. 👍 

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

The party of the past is correct in the sense that it was over a decade ago that they were last in power :lol: .. You have to love his optimism around the election though, it will make his utter destruction even sweeter when it (absolutely 100%) happens.

Posted (edited)

Nice to see the tories are getting their pririties right.

image.png.ef0cbcd419465d0f0563670fc83eaddd.png

Fnarrr fnarrr.

image.png.13060d3022850a2c4626052b89bfb01c.png

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

McVey and minsters like her are putting loads of time and effort into stuff like this at the minute. Working furiously and taking up loads of civil service man hours on absolutely pointless trivial shit, that next to no one cares about. In the bizarre belief they’re leaving some sort of legacy. Imagine prioritising things like this given their current predicament. They’re so fucking weird and detached from reality. 

• Like 1

He's fucking useless. :lol:

Starts not answering the question, instantly gets snippy when it's pointed out, and then tries to do the same thing again and just talks over people. 

The more people see of him, the worse the polls are gonna get. 

• Like 4

Yeah, he just talks shit. People are judging him by his actions too. His record is shite though. Add in that’s he’s a charmless, insincere, unlikeable cunt and he’s about as bad a leader as the Tories could have. Which is nice 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gemmill said:

He's fucking useless. :lol:

Starts not answering the question, instantly gets snippy when it's pointed out, and then tries to do the same thing again and just talks over people. 

The more people see of him, the worse the polls are gonna get. 

When does a politician ever answer the question?  I am not defending the useless cunt.

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

When does a politician ever answer the question?  I am not defending the useless cunt.

He gets asked a question about damp on the walls and growing up in poverty, and starts talking about the Online Safety Bill. 

There's not giving a straight answer to a question and there's completely ignoring what's been asked and answering something else. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

If I were Labour I would hammer this home. How can a man whose wealth has increased by a staggering 100-200 MILLION quid (depending which data you use) in a single year:

• Possibly relate to normal people.
  • Not be conflicted to introduce policies to boost his personal wealth.

How many working people people are going to buy the "policy of envy" bollocks? We can all fucking see what is happening by now. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Also Hunt's speech today, Jesus Christ. Not only was it weak as piss, the basic tenet of his message was that we can't afford Labour's very modest pledges. We can't afford a few more teachers or GP appointments. What the fuck does that tell you about the state of the country they have left? I increasingly can't see any reason anyone but a wealthy pensioner who also intersect the Venn diagram of "selfish cunt" would vote for them. And whilst the polls show not everyone will switch to Labour, they do otherwise bear this out.

Nothing but tory extinction next please. The longer they leave it, the more we see of Sunak, the worse it gets for the cunts. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

Sunak is absolutely godawful tbh, it's actually sort of incredible that he's not given in already. I wonder what sort of silverwear they're selling under the table while they wait for the inevitable...

• Like 6