Politics

Christmas Tree

On 20/10/2017 at 4:05 PM, Gemmill said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/20/labour-mp-clive-lewis-apologises-for-get-on-your-knees-comment

:lol: Some of the bewers in this article need to get a grip. Everybody's outraged about everything these days. 

:lol: The funniest thing about shit like this is people holding people to standards that literally nobody actually adheres to themselves.

How does the party that introduced clause 28 and still has dozens of MPs who've consistently voted against gay rights get a free pass on this? 

I'd also say that finding a 20 year old talking about having an orgy offensive is beyond Millie Tant levels of PC bollocks. 

8 hours ago, Rayvin said:

:lol:

I'll never get elected to anything since my openly Nazi views have come out on here.

You're fucked. I've screenshot your vile abuse for blackmail purposes.

Mind, I'm knackered too being a massive islamophobe. 

:lol:

Mind, my internet comment history genuinely is the reason I won't follow my old man even into local politics, for all I quite like the idea of being a councillor for somewhere I actually care about - I'm bound to have said something appalling about pretty much every population group I'd be representing. :D

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Didn't stop Bridget.

Can't remember anything particularly bad. Iirc she got massively wound up about women's driving abilities, that's about it. Oh, and something about not washing her hands after having a piss? That might have legs, don't tell me Ant hasn't stored this somewhere. 

I think her main issue with her posts being retained on here were that her support for NUFC wasn't likely to go down too well in her constituency.

11 hours ago, adios said:

I'd be more worried about Destiny II tbh.

Hit me like a wall of water when I looked at the Esta form for America.  Can just see me in the interview room in LaX...So you take to the internet and criticize Israel ? You think America starts all the wars and you support Assange? Are you taking the piss Mr P? You expect us to believe you're not on facebook or twitter?! GTFO!

I mean you could give them all the stuff and then have to change all your phones and emails out after you come back.

Edited by Park Life

Whilst he's obviously a goner and was pretty stupid to write something like that whilst actively pursuing a poilitcal career, the holier than thou stuff is a bit much. I don't think it's a very nice attitude to have towards lasses or anything but the hinting at his being a wrong un for having a penchant for teenage lasses when he was a bloke in his mid 20s is a bit much.

Aye definitely. One of the many reasons there's a dearth of decent politicians in this country has to be the scrutiny you end up under compared with other public servants. You have to have a Boris-style brass neck to skate around it all.