Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, SpaceCadet said:

The other side as bad as they are, don't have their own Diane Abbott in a cabinet position. 

They do have a Boris Johnson though. An openly racist foreign secretary with an IQ of about 10.

14 minutes ago, adios said:

We also seem to have this new American ideal now where impoverished turkeys like CT and SC are voting for Christmas themselves.

Nothing new about it, working class people have been voting conservative all my lifetime. Basically we’ve had the same government in power since 79.

Corbyn is different to that but nowhere in the world is a hard left government successful. It’s easy to promise everything to everyone, but the reality is it goes tits up and it’s the poorest who are hit the hardest by the fallout.

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Nothing new about it, working class people have been voting conservative all my lifetime. Basically we’ve had the same government in power since 79.

While in 1977 you had the least wealth inequality this country has ever seen you could see why people would buy the Conservative mantra after the winter of discontent and so on. If you can't see where things are going now you probably deserve everything that's coming to you. Or I suppose you don't, you're just thick. Or a cunt. Or both

Corbyn is different to that but nowhere in the world is a hard left government successful. It’s easy to promise everything to everyone, but the reality is it goes tits up and it’s the poorest who are hit the hardest by the fallout.

He isn't hard left, he's portrayed as such though. His politics wouldn't be seen as remotely outlandish in those countries you speak of where everything goes tits up all the time, like France or Sweden. But you already know this.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

The inks are custom mixed by the artist for the aquatics theme.

Cool. They look shite though

• Haha 1

I would like Alex's response to CT a thousand times if I could. I didn't have it in me to reference Scandinavia for the nth time.

Edited by Rayvin

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Corbyn is different to that but nowhere in the world is a hard left government successful. 

Venezuela :lol:

Wherever they're not eating street dogs they're competing street dogs for scraps, but at least they all have equality.

Except for the daughter of Hugo Chavez who has in excess of $4bn :lol:

25 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

The other side as bad as they are, don't have their own Diane Abbott in a cabinet position. 

OOO don't they? by what measure?

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I would like Alex's response to CT a thousand times if I could. I didn't have it in me to reference Scandinavia for the nth time.

Sweden (Scandinavia's wealthiest nation) has dropped from 4th to 13 in richest countries since 1960 (the introduction of the welfare state).

Ever since Barmy Bernie started spouting that tosh, economists have been bending him over a knee ever since.

3 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

None of them are quite as fucking gormless :lol:

That is very much not true, I can think of 4 off the top of my head, and thats without getting into the berks doing the power stance.

11 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

Sweden (Scandinavia's wealthiest nation) has dropped from 4th to 13 in richest countries since 1960 (the introduction of the welfare state).

Ever since Barmy Bernie started spouting that tosh, economists have been bending him over a knee ever since.

If you know so much about economics then why are you poor?

1 minute ago, SpaceCadet said:

4th richest in Europe or in the World in 1960? Also, by what metric exactly?

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

That is very much not true, I can think of 4 off the top of my head, and thats without getting into the berks doing the power stance.

The power stance can be laughed off, vacantly staring at Piers Morgan for the best part of 10 minutes, not so much.

14 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

And yet Scandinavian countries make up five of the world's top ten happiest countries. They must be getting something right.

Venezuela :lol:

The strawman resorted to by the internet right wing 'thinkers' who can't actually challenge Labour's current policy direction with anything of substance.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If you know so much about economics then why are you poor?

I'm not an economist I'm merely interested in the subject. I wouldn't say I was poor either, far from rich though.