Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, SpaceCadet said:

I couldn't stomach another undesirable prime minister after DC and TM. 

Would go Ruth Davidson myself, assuming she can win her own seat.

Edited by Rayvin

Ruth Davidson has done a great job in Scotland, without her the Conservatives would have lost but I would like to think there's more than enough talent amongst the party to ensure Ruth isn't in the run in for any of the big jobs.

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Can only think there's more shit on this in tomorrow's papers that finger both Rudd & May, so Rudd had to go...

All this just to rescue the Tory vote from UKIP. I hope the millions of half decent ex & current tory voters who lapped up Farage's virtually naked facism and the subsequent utter fuckin ludicrousness of May's "hostile environment" realise what they were actually permitting in their name. Won't hold my breath on that mind...

I remember the racism against Caribbeans in the 70s which I thought had waned but I think it's been bubbling under judging by the collective shrugging at deportations. 

It's top cuntery when you can't keep a lid on undocumented arrivals so go after soft targets who live in the system. 

Imagine the person who can think "this one's lost the NI card they've had for 50 years - we'll have this fucker". 

Vermin. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Aye, this is the stuff the Guardian does well, and what makes me want to pay for its upkeep sometimes. Shame about the rest of it.

As for May, I don't think Rudd would have gone if there was any chance of May going too. I remain convinced that she's only still in the position she's in as a lightning rod for the great Brexit calamity.

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

May could be in trouble over this. Big questions remain over what she knew about this and when

It doesn't matter though. Rudd didn't go because the targets existed, she had to go because she denied the targets existed and then denied being aware of them. Both of which turned out to be untrue. Incompetence isn't a valid reason for resignation under this government.

Tbh I'm stunned that something actually happened at all here so I'm going to say that this ever so slightly raises my faith in the government. From 0% to 0.1%.

Profile on him:

He is a self described Thatcherite first, Conservative second and has a taste for Havana cigars. A portrait of the lady in blue hangs on his office wall. 

He sounds like a fucking thundercunt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Profile on him:

He is a self described Thatcherite first, Conservative second and has a taste for Panama hats. A portrait of the lady in blue hangs on his dashboard. 

He sounds like a fucking thundercunt. 

:scratchchin:

• Haha 2