Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, SpaceCadet said:

Or instead of giving them just enough to survive their poverty we could give them the opportunity to leave poverty forever.

The social safety net like any other net is easy to get into and hard to to get out of.

And yet we are entering into an age where automation and robotics will make job creation for the individual even more difficult. Surely in the end, we need some kind of universal income or we will simply have to start a cull.

I was also under the impression that claiming benefits was such a degrading and inhumane process now that very few who are capable of getting a job would actually want to go through with it.

Just now, SpaceCadet said:

Someone will still have to operate/maintain those robots. 

You really don't understand what's coming.

This isn't some 1950s version of a housekeeping robot.

Most of us are getting replaced by code.

Just got a "Good morning! Today is election day" leaflet through from Labour. Apparently they're so confident round this way that they'll happily send people to the polling station on the wrong day. :lol: 

Bless, he's reading Rand. :lol:  

Do you believe in progressive taxation?

Edited by adios

Just now, Meenzer said:

Just got a "Good morning! Today is election day" leaflet through from Labour. They're so confident round this way that they'll happily send people to the polling station on the wrong day. :lol: 

I didn't know Diane Abacus was in charge of leaflet production also :lol:

2 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

I didn't know Diane Abacus was in charge of leaflet production also :lol:

She isn't, why would the shadow home secretary be involved in that?

Seeing as  80% of your posts are laughable we're going to have to come up with some kind of marker for your "jokes".

Just now, adios said:

Seeing as  80% of your posts are laughable we're going to have to come up with some kind of marker for your "jokes".

:lol::lol: will be the marker from now on.

My tattoos are ace KCG :face_batman:

36 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

How about thinking of society this way - by giving poor people welfare, you are in effect paying them not to kill you and take everything you own by force. So I could argue that the rich are being allowed to keep the manmade concept of wealth under a system they do very well within, on the proviso that they give those at the bottom enough to justify their continued apathy to the concept of change.

So they're being 'handed' stability in which to make money and enjoy their lives, by paying out welfare. The lower the welfare payment, the lower the stability.

If you’re wealthy and you still have a problem with paying higher taxes to enable the welfare state to support the poorest in society, you’re basically a cunt. Or a Tory, in other words.

If you’re poor, vote for the party to help yourself. If you’re comfortable, or wealthy, vote for the party that will help others. Simple when you spell it out. Unfortunately the world is full of greedy selfish wankers.

We also seem to have this new American ideal now where impoverished turkeys like CT and SC are voting for Christmas themselves.

22 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

It was a joke, getting days wrong/getting numbers wrong. 

sure it was, the other side have no record of that do they?

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

sure it was, the other side have no record of that do they?

I'll see if I can get a comment from the candidates for Ward/Area Name.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, SpaceCadet said:

I do actually, I have a sea creature theme at the bottom and a woodland creature theme at the top.

In felt tip pen apparently

• Haha 1