Politics

Christmas Tree

Party politics aside, Corbyn is hopeless. May absolutely teetering on the brink and he asks only one question on Windrush. 

Labour should be 15-20 points ahead in the polls not trailing by 5 or 6.

SNP leading the way in the interrogation.

Ed Miliband would be ahead on points as would a handful of other labour MP's in Corbyn's position. 

We just have to be thankful we have Jeremy carrying Theresa May until the Conservatives can offer a much better alternative to this one nation tosh.

CT - Imagine feeling 5 times as dismal about Corbyn as you already do. If you manage that, you'll be about 10% of the way to how the I feel about May. You'd need to treble it again to get to where Renton is on Brexit.

Tbh I'm at the stage now where I would happily oust Corbyn to replace him with a younger, prettier, smoother talking version of the the same, just so that everyone could stop bleating about him and actually look at the charlatans who have been systematically annihilating the country for the past 10 years. The biggest problem with Corbyn now, IMO, is that his existence serves as a distraction to the incomprehensible, devastating incompetence of the biggest gaggle of fuckwits I have literally ever seen, in any organisation, anywhere. And to think you actually voted for these people... I'm staggered CT, that you could ever have thought, that any of the utter turgid horseshit we have seen from the Tories since Labour were last in, is even remotely acceptable.

Look at them man. Fucking look at them. Stop worrying about Corbyn for a second and just look at the Tories. These people are "leading" the country. What have you done? What the fuck have you done?

:cuppa:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

CT - Imagine feeling 5 times as dismal about Corbyn as you already do. If you manage that, you'll be about 10% of the way to how the I feel about May. You'd need to treble it again to get to where Renton is on Brexit.

Tbh I'm at the stage now where I would happily oust Corbyn to replace him with a younger, prettier, smoother talking version of the the same, just so that everyone could stop bleating about him and actually look at the charlatans who have been systematically annihilating the country for the past 10 years. The biggest problem with Corbyn now, IMO, is that his existence serves as a distraction to the incomprehensible, devastating incompetence of the biggest gaggle of fuckwits I have literally ever seen, in any organisation, anywhere. And to think you actually voted for these people... I'm staggered CT, that you could ever have thought, that any of the utter turgid horseshit we have seen from the Tories since Labour were last in, is even remotely acceptable.

Look at them man. Fucking look at them. Stop worrying about Corbyn for a second and just look at the Tories. These people are "leading" the country. What have you done? What the fuck have you done?

Didn't he vote for labour last time out?

2 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

Ed Miliband would be ahead on points as would a handful of other labour MP's in Corbyn's position. 

We just have to be thankful we have Jeremy carrying Theresa May until the Conservatives can offer a much better alternative to this one nation tosh.

Nah you woulda been fine with Miliband in charge too tbh. Corbyn has energised a lot of non-voters in a way that Miliband wouldn't have, so while yeah, you would have retained the Rentons and ewerks of the world under Miliband (although I believe both still voted Labour last time out), you woulda lost the youth. The Tories are in control of this right up until Brexit collapses IMO - where they go from there is anyone's guess frankly. I'm not sure who is supposedly waiting in the wings to revitalise them. Mogg maybe although you would think his appeal is limited.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Didn't he vote for labour last time out?

I don't care if he did or not, he voted for Cameron and that's where this latest waterfall of ever-cascading shit came from. The Tories record for the past 10 years has been one of barely managed decline.

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

He's the archetypal I'm alright, Jack though. Which is more comprehensible than the viewpoint of the Villa fan or whatever the fuck it is he's pretending to be

35 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Calm down dear, I’m simply commentating on the weekly PMQ exchange :lol:  

But as you ask, created millions of jobs, record low unemployment, gay marriage, more kids in outstanding schools, not started illegal Mid East wars killing millions, not crashed the economy.... etc etc etc

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Nah you woulda been fine with Miliband in charge too tbh. Corbyn has energised a lot of non-voters in a way that Miliband wouldn't have, so while yeah, you would have retained the Rentons and ewerks of the world under Miliband (although I believe both still voted Labour last time out), you woulda lost the youth. The Tories are in control of this right up until Brexit collapses IMO - where they go from there is anyone's guess frankly. I'm not sure who is supposedly waiting in the wings to revitalise them. Mogg maybe although you would think his appeal is limited.

Mogg's popularity is huge amongst the membership but that doesn't always translate into the general public. 

My own gripe is that he gets his faith muddled in with his politics which is something I'm not a fan of. 

1 minute ago, SpaceCadet said:

Mogg's popularity is huge amongst the membership but that doesn't always translate into the general public. 

My own gripe is that he gets his faith muddled in with his politics which is something I'm not a fan of. 

At the risk of defending someone whose politics are a long way from my own, my view on Mogg concerning his faith is that he has actually made it clear that religion is personal and politics should be kept free from it. I watched the interview on Piers Morgan's latest vehicle for self-fellating (whatever it's called) with him and I respect that he at least just said what he thinks; and also that he made clear that Parliament makes the laws of the country and that any government under his leadership would not be influenced by personal religious philosophies.

I don't really have an issue with him on that basis if this is the sum total of the 'muddle' you refer to. My problem is more the policies he stands for.

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

He's incapable of literally agreeing so that's as near as Rayvin's going to get

I mostly posted for my own catharsis. 

I've not watched that but I did see an interview where he did in some vain refer to himself as a "Christian conservative" which brought back memories of the UKIP fella blaming floods on gay marriage. 

Well aye, he might well be in that camp but I really don't care about the personal beliefs of politicians as long as they're not openly hostile to any particular section of society. I'm far more interested in their openly hostile policy positions.

Even as an atheist I won't attack a politician for their religious positions unless they're actually making a concerted attempt to justify policy with them.

Edited by Rayvin

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

At the risk of defending someone whose politics are a long way from my own, my view on Mogg concerning his faith is that he has actually made it clear that religion is personal and politics should be kept free from it.

This is true. His voting record on helping those less well off in society is as un-Christian as you could get.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This is true. His voting record on helping those less well off in society is as un-Christian as you could get.

I don't mind them voting for reducing tax for big business so long as they don't hold the opposite stance towards smaller business's. 

1 minute ago, SpaceCadet said:

I don't mind them voting for reducing tax for big business so long as they don't hold the opposite stance towards smaller business's. 

What if reducing tax for businesses comes at the cost of reducing spending on welfare? There's an argument that reducing tax on business allows for more job creation, but at the same time surely you would accept that a lot of this will also just be pocketed by those who are already extremely wealthy. Why do they deserve to be given handouts and not those at the bottom?

15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What if reducing tax for businesses comes at the cost of reducing spending on welfare? There's an argument that reducing tax on business allows for more job creation, but at the same time surely you would accept that a lot of this will also just be pocketed by those who are already extremely wealthy. Why do they deserve to be given handouts and not those at the bottom?

But is it a handout if it's their own money we're talking about? 

25 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

But is it a handout if it's their own money we're talking about? 

How about thinking of society this way - by giving poor people welfare, you are in effect paying them not to kill you and take everything you own by force. So I could argue that the rich are being allowed to keep the manmade concept of wealth under a system they do very well within, on the proviso that they give those at the bottom enough to justify their continued apathy to the concept of change.

So they're being 'handed' stability in which to make money and enjoy their lives, by paying out welfare. The lower the welfare payment, the lower the stability.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 1

Or instead of giving them just enough to survive their poverty we could give them the opportunity to leave poverty forever.

The social safety net like any other net is easy to get into and hard to to get out of.