Politics

Christmas Tree

41 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

What’s happening in Labour is just what would happen in the conservatives if the Tommy Robinson brigade managed to infiltrate and take over the party mechanics. 

All the nutter conspiracy theorists and revolutionary’s now, through cheap membership, have total control.

Up till a few years ago these were just the nutters in the shadows, a bit like having that elderly grandparent who uses terms like big nogs or darkies. Embarrassing but harmless.

I don’t think there’s anything Corbyn or others can actually do to regain control without damaging their own power base.

The vast majority of Labour MP’s would be joining chuka like a shot if it wasn’t for the “Labour” brand name.

Hopefully The Tiggers can establish a brand and get it frowning in time for 2022 like Macron did.

Is Noggin a “ Big Nog” or just a regular Nog? 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

What’s happening in Labour is just what would happen in the conservatives if the Tommy Robinson brigade managed to infiltrate and take over the party mechanics. 

All the nutter conspiracy theorists and revolutionary’s now, through cheap membership, have total control.

Up till a few years ago these were just the nutters in the shadows, a bit like having that elderly grandparent who uses terms like big nogs or darkies. Embarrassing but harmless.

I don’t think there’s anything Corbyn or others can actually do to regain control without damaging their own power base.

The vast majority of Labour MP’s would be joining chuka like a shot if it wasn’t for the “Labour” brand name.

Hopefully The Tiggers can establish a brand and get it frowning in time for 2022 like Macron did.

I get why you voted for them now

And Theresa May might as well be Tommy Robinson given stopping freedom of movement overrides everything else in terms of her priorities 

33 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I just don't care anymore Gloom. I could point out that the Jewish Chronicle isn't what most people would call MSM with some detail. I could point out that nothing you've said in the post is actually a valid contention against the actual point I've repeatedly made by reasserting it.

But I don't care. You and CT win. This is super important and matters way more than everything other than Brexit itself, as indicated by the coverage it receives.

:suicide:

You repeatedly demanded more evidence before acknowledging there is a problem so all I’m doing is providing it. 

It is important, and that’s why it isn’t a victory. And please don’t group me together with tubs. On any issue. Ever

17 hours ago, Alex said:

And Theresa May might as well be Tommy Robinson given stopping freedom of movement overrides everything else in terms of her priorities 

Also worth noting that her policy of having landlords conduct immigration checks was yesterday ruled to have encouraged racial discrimination. Which of course was the entire point of it.

• Like 1

There what is? He's totally right about Freedman the guy has had it in for him since day one, I've mentioned it on here before.

I honestly dont understand the world anymore, it's like everyone has totally embraced being super sensitive over fuck all.

Why shouldn't Corbyn get to say that an article written about him is full of subliminal nastiness?

• Like 1

The point is that his priority is to attack those who bring up their antisemitism problem rather than to address the problem itself. Look at the resolutions that have been passed in Hackney and Sheffield Hallam as well as Jennie Formbie’s reaction to Tom Watson’s plans. They could have put this to bed years ago but instead have continued to bury their heads in the sand.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The point is that his priority is to attack those who bring up their antisemitism problem rather than to address the problem itself. Look at the resolutions that have been passed in Hackney and Sheffield Hallam as well as Jennie Formbie’s reaction to Tom Watson’s plans. They could have put this to bed years ago but instead have continued to bury their heads in the sand.

Yeah I read the Twitter thread under it and looked at the article. The article indeed isn't that bad, I've seen far worse from that journalist. But it was written in February 2016 when every fucking article anyone wrote was a hit piece on the guy, and Labour MPs were in open rebellion against him. This is the outcome of a fucking siege mentality.

I mean i agree that it could have been dealt with years ago. That part is fucking true. But that video, for me, does not expose Corbyn as someone who doesn't care. It exposes him as someone who, to my surprise, actually was paying attention to a press who were trying to eviscerate him at every turn.

• Like 1

And what do you do in that situation? You get ahead of it. You implement the IHRA and take swift strong action against anyone guilty of antisemitism and remove that weapon from the press. It's been an absolute PR disaster for Labour and you really have question Corbyn and Milne's competence.

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And what do you do in that situation? You get ahead of it. You implement the IHRA and take swift strong action against anyone guilty of antisemitism and remove that weapon from the press. It's been an absolute PR disaster for Labour and you really have question Corbyn and Milne's competence.

Well yeah, on that i fully agree. I just dont understand the moral outrage at what he has said in that clip. People are condemning him for not getting out ahead of the problem, they're going on as if he said something reprehensible.

He didn't.

Edited by Rayvin

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Again, it's his dismissal of the article as an attack on him and a refusal to admit that there was an issue that needed to be dealt with. That's the problem.

But against a backdrop of incessant attacks, it becomes more understandable.

The media are the figurative 'boy who cried wolf' here.

I'm not saying it's what is going to finish him but it fits in with his entire pattern of actions on this issue. There's always death by 1000 cuts but we're a long way off 1000 at this point.

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

There what is? He's totally right about Freedman the guy has had it in for him since day one, I've mentioned it on here before.

I honestly dont understand the world anymore, it's like everyone has totally embraced being super sensitive over fuck all.

Why shouldn't Corbyn get to say that an article written about him is full of subliminal nastiness?

The article written by the Jewish guy?

On 3/1/2019 at 13:33, Christmas Tree said:

the reason it's more shocking when it happens to labour is we already know the tories are bigots and racists. the labour party are supposed to be tolerant and inclusive. 

29 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the reason it's more shocking when it happens to labour is we already know the tories are bigots and racists. the labour party are supposed to be tolerant and inclusive. 

The reason it's more shocking when it happens to Labour is that the media actively despise Corbyn, whereas at least some of the media really do quite love the Tories.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The reason it's more shocking when it happens to Labour is that the media actively despise Corbyn, whereas at least some of the media really do quite love the Tories.

i blame the jewish-controlled media

• Haha 1