Politics

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Depressing from the point of view that they’re still trying to gaslight the nation. Less so from the likely lack of traction. It’s happened and most people see it as a lie now. You’d think they’d avoid the subject but I think from their point of view, trying to inflame things is all they’ve got left. 

Aye. They've gone from the party of responsible government to the party of OMG LOL GREAT WIND-UPS GUYS.

Not sure there's much of a future in it. The last thing these dickheads should be doing is reminding people of their provable lies.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

Depressing from the point of view that they’re still trying to gaslight the nation. Less so from the likely lack of traction. It’s happened and most people see it as a lie now. You’d think they’d avoid the subject but I think from their point of view, trying to inflame things is all they’ve got left. 

Well, most his audience didn't looked convinced to me and you'f have to be quite extreme tory to witness this. People now have lived experience of everything being shite. None of this will wash any more. 

• Like 2

So they're going to put the fast train on a track where it can't go fast as some sort of attempt to claim that HS2 does go to Manchester after all.

I genuinely hope they all get terminal illnesses.

What a fucking shit country we live in.

• Like 1

Desperately unconvincing stuff from Sunak there in that short interview with Rigby :lol: 

Not helped by his fake smile looking more like a grimace from the off. 

It's starting to get amusing seeing them wake up to the fact about how much they're hated. They wrote a letter of complaint to Ed Davey about him effectively calling them cunts which was amusing and I've seen a few "It should be fine to hold different views without insults being used" quotes. 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Suella's speech btw. "My parents came here on a mere gust of wind, immigrants today are like a hurricane..."

You were all born 50years too late suckers!!!! 

I thought it was an excellent speech and hopefully sets the tone for the future of the Conservative party. They lose the next election badly, jettison Rishi, appoint Suella as leader and veer even further right and are condemned to at least a generation in opposition (at best).

It's jst recently struck me that - bar a handful of bands from the 90s I still love - most of the music from this era are now unlistenable. Absolute dogshit. Toplaoder would be prime candidates. Oasis another. 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

I thought it was an excellent speech and hopefully sets the tone for the future of the Conservative party. They lose the next election badly, jettison Rishi, appoint Suella as leader and veer even further right and are condemned to at least a generation in opposition (at best).

I was literally thinking the exact same yesterday. She'd be a disaster for them, but one they will definitely fall for. It's difficult to see any talent from the front or back benchers that could trouble Labour to be fair. 

Are they seriously going to elect Suella?

I can't see it, would be suicide.

Would amuse me to see the Guardian have to line up behind a white male candidate against a female person of colour though. They might implode.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Are they seriously going to elect Suella?

I can't see it, would be suicide.

Would amuse me to see the Guardian have to line up behind a white male candidate against a female person of colour though. They might implode.

Look at the papers this morning. It's going to be Braverman. And why would anyone with any intelligence take the job when the Tory party is as much of a shitshow as it is right now.

_131323171_i-nc.png.webp

_131323172_dmail-nc.png.webp

_131323452_times-nc.png.webp

_131323455_dtelegraph-nc.png.webp

_131323456_dexpress-nc.png.webp

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alex said:

Desperately unconvincing stuff from Sunak there in that short interview with Rigby :lol: 

Not helped by his fake smile looking more like a grimace from the off. 

the mouth is smiling, the eyes ....not so much 

• Like 1

No matter how more batshit his cutlure war policies become, the polls aren't shifting. This winter is going to be harder than last as cost of living continues, peoples fixed rate mortgages end, we stay in de facto recession, and he loses control of parliament despite a substantial paper majority. The red wall will wake up to the false promises and I anticipate nothing but annihilation for these utter cunts who have ruined this country, especially the North. 

image.thumb.png.cbfd8cca9f8baa3ce2b75ee32b59ec80.png