Politics

Christmas Tree

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

First no confidence letter is in. Andrea Jenkyns.

"Here we go!"

image.gif

No way is there the numbers surely, either to trigger a leadership challenge but certainly not to win a VoC. Fuck the popcorn, sick of ylthis endless tory psychodrama shit, the country is falling to bits. 

• Like 2

On the face of it Cameron’s appointment makes no sense from his POV. Why come out of retirement to serve in cabinet know that he won’t be there in a year’s time?

My hunch is that he’ll stand in a safe seat at the next election, get himself elected while the party crumbles around him and stand again for leader boasting about his record as a proven winner.

And if he did that I think it would probably work out as planned. The electorate aren’t pro-Labour as much as they’re anti-Tory. He improved the Conservative image once and he’ll try to do it again.

Apart from the obvious cruelty and predictability of it, look at the BBC's photographic example of someone suffering and who would be affected by this..... Ahhh, the poor lamb's got a little bit of a sore neck.

_129743334_2_neck_pain_getty.jpg.webp.474303649aa9f70e32dfe55ac9d54be0.webp

I mentioned something similar a few weeks ago where they had a video of a young lass lying cosy on a settee with a big jumper on and sipping a mug of coffee which was in relation to people being off work on the sick. It's almost as if they're trying to misrepresent people who are genuinely ill?

6 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Meanwhile, as well as crumbling in front of our eyes, gotta keep on cunting. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67385385

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

On the face of it Cameron’s appointment makes no sense from his POV. Why come out of retirement to serve in cabinet know that he won’t be there in a year’s time?

My hunch is that he’ll stand in a safe seat at the next election, get himself elected while the party crumbles around him and stand again for leader boasting about his record as a proven winner.

And if he did that I think it would probably work out as planned. The electorate aren’t pro-Labour as much as they’re anti-Tory. He improved the Conservative image once and he’ll try to do it again.

the base won’t go for it. It’ll be Braverman, Johnson or Farage. They’re an election cycle at least away from retuning to sanity 

34 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Apart from the obvious cruelty and predictability of it, look at the BBC's photographic example of someone suffering and who would be affected by this..... Ahhh, the poor lamb's got a little bit of a sore neck.

I mentioned something similar a few weeks ago where they had a video of a young lass lying cosy on a settee with a big jumper on and sipping a mug of coffee which was in relation to people being off work on the sick. It's almost as if they're trying to misrepresent people who are genuinely ill?

Good spot. It's subliminal, constant drip drip. Look at that fucking malingerer stealing our pension money. Grrrrrr. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Nice chebs though. 

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

I think he’s just doing it for the life peerage. Meanwhile Sunak has someone in cabinet who isn’t a fascist who has an international profile for the foreign secretary role. It’s only going to a year or so and Cameron gets a seat in the HoL out of it. So he’s got nothing to lose. From the PM’s pov it smacks of desperation because he’s desperate. 

• Like 1

But what does he get out of being in the HoL? Surely he could have gotten that appointment from pretty much any PM over the last seven years?

Yes, there's £342 a day for life but that's chicken feed, as one former PM would say.

What got me suspicious is that he's had to give up all his business appointments which is going to hurt his pocket. The only reason any Tory does that is with the aim of increased financial gain in the long term.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But what does he get out of being in the HoL? Surely he could have gotten that appointment from pretty much any PM over the last seven years?

Yes, there's £342 a day for life but that's chicken feed, as one former PM would say.

What got me suspicious is that he's had to give up all his business appointments which is going to hurt his pocket. The only reason any Tory does that is with the aim of increased financial gain in the long term.

I don’t know. I don’t see what he gets out of being one of c. 150 opposition MPs in a decimated Tory party either. I always thought the Lords thing was about prestige anyway. Maybe he just fancied the peerage now. Foreign Secretary is about as high profile as it gets for a Secretary of State too. So that’s a nice little number for a few months. I certainly agree it’ll be motivated by what he thinks he can get out if it though. As opposed to his ‘sense of duty’ bullshit. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

the base won’t go for it. It’ll be Braverman, Johnson or Farage. They’re an election cycle at least away from retuning to sanity 

All three horrific choices when you're trying to win back voters. Johnson (somehow) is the lesser of the evils, but the COVID shit has ruined him, he's lost his Trumpish aura. The other two will be fucking hilarious to witness. Tories will sink to irrelevance with either of them two hate filled twats at the helm.

It's common knowledge that elections are won near the centre, so trust the Tories to double down and go even more to the right.

Someone like Cameron (not him like) is what they need to win back some of the centrist voters, but they are too stupid to realise it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t know. I don’t see what he gets out of being one of c. 150 opposition MPs in a decimated Tory party either. I always thought the Lords thing was about prestige anyway. Maybe he just fancied the peerage now. Foreign Secretary is about as high profile as it gets for a Secretary of State too. So that’s a nice little number for a few months. I certainly agree it’ll be motivated by what he thinks he can get out if it though. As opposed to his ‘sense of duty’ bullshit. 

Cameron has the arrogance to think he can do it. Looking at Starmer and the Labour party I don't think beating them is the toughest task. Last time he was leader of the opposition he managed to increase their seats by 36% so he has form for it. With these cunts there's always an angle.

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Cameron has the arrogance to think he can do it. Looking at Starmer and the Labour party I don't think beating them is the toughest task. Last time he was leader of the opposition he managed to increase their seats by 36% so he has form for it. With these cunts there's always an angle.

My prediction? He will parachute into a safe seat either in a by election (Bone's is due I think) or at the GE and try to become leader of the opposition, with the goal of coming back as PM, just to get one over "Boris". He might even try the reverse ferret over Brexit. Who knows. I'm just fucking sick of the cunts.