Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, RobinRobin said:

Only when he's shit playing for England. Like Andy Murray is British when he's good and Scottish otherwise. 🙂 

Is his post eluding to crime in London so he's scared of wearing his posh watch and ring?  He's from South Africa which I thought was a right murder place?  Making out it's all Khan's fault.  Unless he's had to pawn his jewellery for ULEZ lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Isn't he South African?

Think his mam was born in England. He blamed the racial quota system for not being able to get a break in South Africa. Because so few white cricketers play for the national team there (not). Fantastic player but you could probably sum his personality by his sending text to South African opponents criticising his captain Andrew Strauss in 2012. To make it worse Strauss was almost universally liked by teammates and was playing in his 100th (and what turned out to be his last) test match. That and being best mates with Piers Morgan 

• Like 2

I know they mean well but can anyone explain how the leader of the UK opposition party can stop Netanyahu’s assault on Gaza?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I know they mean well but can anyone explain how the leader of the UK opposition party can stop Netanyahu’s assault on Gaza?

This is exactly how I feel. "Alright Starmer mate, why don't you stop Netanyahu’s slaughter of the innocent in Gaza". It's fucking pathetic. Why aren't they doing this outside Sunak's Richmond mansion anyway? 

I remember once having a relatively high brow discussion with one of my mate's Dads once about some political issue of the time. His wife joined in the conversation by saying something as uselessy anodyne as "Why can't all the leaders of the World shake hands and have peace?". We both looked at each other and burst out laughing. On reflection, it might have been the start of their divorce process which happened a year later and their son's descent into drug abuse. Oh well, that's where good intentions get you. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Well for a start he could pressure Sunak to stop selling arms to Isreal which I'm guessing might prove a popular policy as well as being the morally correct thing to do.

Bit too much to hope for from Starmer though

3 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Well for a start he could pressure Sunak to stop selling arms to Isreal which I'm guessing might prove a popular policy as well as being the morally correct thing to do.

Bit too much to hope for from Starmer though

Yeah, that's definitely going to work. Sunak will agree immediately and our 0.0001% contribution to the Israeli military will halt them in their tracks. And there definitely won't be a right wing media shit storm attack on Labour as a result, which will boost the tories chances in the GE. 

Starmer can do fuck all about it, but you just want him to take the hit anyway. 

• Like 1

What Starmer needs to do is start fucking up the massive lead he’s got in polls with pointless gestures. All to appease a few people who won’t vote for him anyway 👍🏻

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I'm just coming from a position that it's wrong to sell arms that are being used in a genocide. Don't think it's a particularly vote losing policy and I genuinely think it might be a net gain.

Maybe I'm not cynical enough yet

Don’t think it necessarily would be but could make the difference it the previously safe Tory seats they look set to take. Loads of those are still in the balance. No point in jeopardising that. Plus we know they are not held to the sane standards - see Corbyn. Then there’s the accusations of antisemitism scandal which large elements of the press would love to reignite. Purely from a tactical point of view it’s the right thing to do the way he’s playing it. 

• Like 2

Hmm, show some principles, be on the right side of history and reflect the view of the majority of the people in the uk or.... 

1 hour ago, NJS said:

Hmm, show some principles, be on the right side of history and reflect the view of the majority of the people in the uk or.... 

The last time they had a leader like that it inadvertently delivered a large majority to what has arguably been the most damaging and right wing government ever in the UK. Owen Jones et al got their wish last time and it was an unmitigated fucking disaster. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Wragg’s resigned the party whip 

He'll be off to join Reform now. That's the career path isn't it?

13 hours ago, The Fish said:

He'll be off to join Reform now. That's the career path isn't it?

I’m not sure a man who freely shares personal info of his fellow MPs would be welcome in reform tbh. They are the scummiest of the scum, and will be up to untold dodgy shit. A grass is the last thing they need :lol:

He’s another one who’ll lose his seat at the next election going off the current polls. He’ll probably just do fuck all until the election 

Edited by Alex

Aye he already said before all this that he was standing down at the next election. At this stage he’s just awaiting his golden parachute.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye he already said before all this that he was standing down at the next election. At this stage he’s just awaiting his golden parachute.

Hopefully he'll get a literal golden parachute to use. 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

He’s nothing more than a malfunctioning robot at this point, can’t even human properly. Just pour water down the back of him and fry his circuits.

• Haha 1