Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Labour win the new York and North Yorkshire Mayor. Sunak's constituency is located there. 

That's not what the people on the doorsteps are telling him. The people on the streets are telling him it was a conservative landslide and to keep delivering for them. Look, the people on the doorsteps have been very clear about this. :good:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

That's not what the people on the doorsteps are telling him. The people on the streets are telling him it was a conservative landslide and to keep delivering for them. Look, the people on the doorsteps have been very clear about this. :good:

:lol:

He looked so fucking needy with Houchen earlier. Houchen made a shit joke about Starmer and Reeves boosting the local tourism economy by visiting constantly. Well, Sunak laughed louder than any cunt there at this absolute zinger.

A completely emasculating experience, having to travel all the way to Teesside to bask in the reflected glory of a bloke who couldn't have been more explicit in distancing himself from Sunak during the campaign. He's pathetic. 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

You can't just simply project the votes from local elections onto a GE. If that were true, 25% of MPs would be independents. 

It's been a tremendous set of local election results for Labour and utterly disastrous for the conservatives. The most relevant election was the byelection, where the swing to Labour was off the scale. Even the swing seen in their only success, Tees valley, an area the tories have totally pork barelled and the inhabitants are as thick as pigshit, will seen the tories wiped out. 

Oh and yues, get rid of Sunak, and let's see what happens. :lol:

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

This is great news for Labour. You basically can't do this extrapolation that the BBC and Sky News are doing cos locals don't map to the national picture. 

But Starmer will be ecstatic that they're warning against complacency on his behalf. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

You can't just simply project the votes from local elections onto a GE. If that were true, 25% of MPs would be independents. 

It's been a tremendous set of local election results for Labour and utterly disastrous for the conservatives. The most relevant election was the byelection, where the swing to Labour was off the scale. Even the swing seen in their only success, Tees valley, an area the tories have totally pork barelled and the inhabitants are as thick as pigshit, will seen the tories wiped out. 

Oh and yues, get rid of Sunak, and let's see what happens. :lol:

The much more accurate modelling by electoral calculus suggests a 290-odd seat majority. I don’t really mind these sorts of stories if it gets more Labour voters out (as opposed to apathy meaning it’s not quite as bad for the Tories at the GE). Although I don’t think for a second that is Sky’s motivation here 

• Like 2

Thread. 

Basically turnout is down in a load of the places Khan does well, and up in places he doesn't do well. 

I mean I don't really give a fuck who the mayor of London is, and this clown is gonna be a headache to the wider Tory party. 

Looks like Khan might have fucked it. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Thread. 

Basically turnout is down in a load of the places Khan does well, and up in places he doesn't do well. 

I mean I don't really give a fuck who the mayor of London is, and this clown is gonna be a headache to the wider Tory party. 

Looks like Khan might have fucked it. 

They pushed this narrative last time and ended up with egg on their faces. Anyway, whatever happens in London....

Greens got 80x more seats than Reform. Who do you think is going to get more airtime before the GE?

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 4

What's the national turn out ? Locally it was about 35% where im from.

General Elections normally hit around the ~70%. Hopefully the non-voters are not silent Tories and they get absolutely obliterated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

General Elections normally hit around the ~70%. Hopefully the non-voters are not silent Tories and they get absolutely obliterated.

I think about a third is right for most places in locals. I don't think there will be that many shy Conservatives willing to come out in a GE this time. And I think there will be a lot of tactical voting against them. Also there is Scotland and Wales where the Tories won't pick up a single seat but Labour are recovering. Finally, in the GE Reform will have candidates in every seat which will decimate the cunts. 

Just so sick of it now though. Can't happen soon enough so we get some grown ups in charge. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

They pushed this narrative last time and ended up with egg on their faces...

Early days, but looking like it was just bollocks by the conservative stooges that Khan was in trouble 

IMG_1014.thumb.png.f2938c4656ba06eacae6b538c2c3d37e.png

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

The months and months of polling data where they’ve been doing absolutely abysmally is more of an indication for his the GE will go than the local elections though. Although that’s not to say they are not indicative at all. But there’s a lot more voting on local issues etc. which has a greater influence by the wards having much smaller populations than parliamentary constituencies. Reform will do a lot better in the GE too imo. Not that I see them winning seats but they’ll damage the Tory vote as they’ll have candidates in every seat. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Thread. 

But the short story is Khan is absolutely destroying Hall. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

She's a disgrace like. Lots of decent journalists left the BBC when it became clear which way they were leaning politically. Kuenssberg has actually leaned into it. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

It’s clear how much of an odious cunt she is. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3