Politics

Christmas Tree

57 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's a strange defence given adrenaline makes you swear MORE

“ I did not FUCKING BASTARD ARSE BOLLOCKING CUNTY FUCK even meet that PISSFLAP ARSEHOLE FUCKING BITCH girl.”
+ sweating like fuck

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I'm at my daily mail reading mother in law's. I told her Corbyn has made a commitment to keeping our local A&E open when the Tories are trying to shut it. Then I showed her this

Sunday dinner has now been cancelled :lol:

PL's potential Mother-in-Law: (When PL is out of earshot) ....."I'm sorry....> insert current Mrs PL's name here <....but I'm afraid Robert is going to have to stop coming around for dinner with his communist ideas and rabid propaganda. I'm sure both sides have done wrong and when he shows us stuff from his phone it just upsets your Dad and the budgie. It'll be for the best."

Current Mrs PL: "Oh take no notice, mum, he's just a bit northern, that's all."

• Haha 3

On 11/15/2019 at 17:03, Rayvin said:

I won't re-tread the ground of others who replied but will add that from the point of view of Labour's electoral chances in isolation, yes it's damaging. But for remain in general, with the LDs offering full remain, it maximises the voter pool available across all remain flavoured parties. I honestly think its logical and so far no one has been able to challenge this particular point.

Fair enough from you and everyone else who replied - I did say from an outsider's point of view.  However, given that the resounding view of the board is that voter's are stupid and like to see shiny promises, even talk about customs union or close relationship with the single market is too abstract, albeit true. 

I am not sure how that can be couched in terms which are understandable to the vast majority of the voting public, but the Tories' Brexit at all costs and the LDs' Remain at all costs are much simpler concepts.

On 11/16/2019 at 04:35, ewerk said:

Wow. 62% of people like getting something for free. Shocking!

Ask them where broadband sits in their list of priorities and that’ll tell you something else.

I'm more concerned that it is only 62%.  What is wrong with some people?  22% actually oppose it, so 16% can't even make up their minds. :( 

Anything that is politically damaging to Johnson is good but does this Arcuri think anyone is actually going to feel sorry for her. I mean she willingly had a relationship with him ffs. 

6 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Fair enough from you and everyone else who replied - I did say from an outsider's point of view.  However, given that the resounding view of the board is that voter's are stupid and like to see shiny promises, even talk about customs union or close relationship with the single market is too abstract, albeit true. 

I am not sure how that can be couched in terms which are understandable to the vast majority of the voting public, but the Tories' Brexit at all costs and the LDs' Remain at all costs are much simpler concepts.

I have an account on RTG specifically so that i can read their politics forum which is otherwise hidden. I don't post in it, I just read the views. More balanced mix of people on there although the board still tends to remain overall.

One chap started a thread the other day saying he was a leaver, but he thought Labour's position made the most sense out of everyone else's, and that he felt they were the only party who gave him something to vote for. Was happy to have another referendum, didn't feel like the matter had been handled well at all. He seemed politically interested but not super engaged, and was calling for others to change his mind if he was wrong.

Now, that's exactly the kind of voter that remain as a whole misses out on if Labour aren't doing what they're doing. So even if he's the only voter in the country who feels that way, not that he will be, Labour's policy has expanded the net of potential voters more than out and out remain ever could.

Even if it costs them the votes of other Remainers, as long as those voters don't then go and vote Tory, it's a win. That's the only point I'm trying to make.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I have an account on RTG specifically so that i can read their politics forum which is otherwise hidden. I don't post in it, I just read the views.

Liar, you post there as GordonMuchallNo1Fan.

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Liar, you post there as GordonMuchallNo1Fan.

Is he one of the right wing crazies? I'm not following it enough to know them each by name although I've observed some fairly confident statements by proponents of both sides that seem to lack any substantive evidence behind them.

There's the occasional decent post on there but they lack the intellectual heavyweights of this board ;) 

Ian Duncan Smith bangs on about it with regularity, usually something along the lines of “the overwhelming number of people I speak to keep telling me to ‘get Brexit done’ “. Even if it were true, which it palpably isn’t, since when do politicians base their policies on what people shout at them in the street? It would be ridiculous for a minor issue. 

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Anything that is politically damaging to Johnson is good but does this Arcuri think anyone is actually going to feel sorry for her. I mean she willingly had a relationship with him ffs. 

Lorraine gave her a big Scottish Fuck Off this morning

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

who isn't accosted on the streets daily by random people shouting tory election slogans

I got a taxi the other day and the driver was banging on about his recipe for duck and kebab pizza- I asked him how to cook it?

” Sling it in the microwave- it’s oven ready…”

wibble wibble. 

• Haha 3