Politics

Christmas Tree

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

About time 

Yes but damage has been done really. Going to be hard to trust the BBC from here so not convinced they're going to get the clean slate they seem to want.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yes but damage has been done really. Going to be hard to trust the BBC from here so not convinced they're going to get the clean slate they seem to want.

Let’s see who they replace her with. Sopel would be a safe pair of hands but looks like he’s taking book leave. 

Remember when Brass Eye got Dr. Fox to say "Now that's a scientific fact: there's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact"?

Now imagine you're the BBC, and you see fit to publish an extensive piece demonising trans women based on reams of anecdotes, in which the author says "it has been difficult to determine the true scale of the problem because there has been little research on this topic" and a particularly prominent interviewee admits she doesn't have any actual numbers, yet she confidently "knows" this is being done by a "sizeable minority" of trans women.

Still, at least they bother to talk to an actual trans person in the [checks notes] 56th paragraph.

Fuck's sake. :lol: :jesuswept:  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57853385

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Remember when Brass Eye got Dr. Fox to say "Now that's a scientific fact: there's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact"?

Now imagine you're the BBC, and you see fit to publish an extensive piece demonising trans women based on reams of anecdotes, in which the author says "it has been difficult to determine the true scale of the problem because there has been little research on this topic" and a particularly prominent interviewee admits she doesn't have any actual numbers, yet she confidently "knows" this is being done by a "sizeable minority" of trans women.

Still, at least they bother to talk to an actual trans person in the [checks notes] 56th paragraph.

I think we previously established on here that most of us have very little knowledge of trans issues. I always thought it a bit strange that T was tacked onto the LGB community. I don't think gender and sexuality should be conflated, they're two very different issues. But again what the fuck do I know. 

I don't think it's transphobic to say you don't want to have sex with a trans person as much as it's homophobic to say you don't want to have sex with someone of the same sex. Fuck whoever you like as long as it's consensual. Is this furore more to do with the trans women aren't real women argument?

Similarly I don't see what sexuality has to do with same sex dancing partners on Strictly but that's probably an issue for another day about a show I've never watched.

32 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I am fortunate enough to be part of a community online that includes many trans people, mostly trans women, and I have seen this discussion take place between them. Not a single one of them has ever said that anyone should be compelled to have sex with them. Moreover they've made clear that they wouldn't want to be with anyone who wasn't attracted to them anyway. Just like everyone else really.

I'm not saying I don't believe this Jenny woman from the article hasn't had a bad experience but ffs haven't we all. I've had women go off at me for not reciprocating their advances before - some people struggle particularly with rejection. I suppose especially in the case of people who feel as insecure about themselves as transwomen. That doesn't make what she experienced ok, far from it, but is it worthy of a national fucking news story?

The trans people I know are all very shy, very insecure about themselves (likely because they're mid-20s, and lack some of the wisdom and ability to not give a fuck that comes with age) and really don't understand why so many people are going out of their way to make them some sort of enemy.

My mum is a devout Christian in her early 60s and even she has managed to get to the stage where she thinks trans people should just be left the fuck alone to exist however they please. If she is capable of this then why the fuck isn't the media?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

‘Hey Meesta Layvin, prease prease lemee suck your deek’.

You must’ve been a hell of a pussy magnet in China.

It's almost like you were there...

• Haha 4