Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, Renton said:

I think its near. He's losing support from within his party and increasingly doesn't look like an electoral asset. Standard of living is down the pan for most people. But also, he just seems incapable of leadership. He just stumbles from one disaster to another, and that won't stop because he is fundamentally incompetent as are his cabinet. Not to mention transparently corrupt. People are waking up. 

I'll have the popcorn out for PMQs today. 

If Starmer proves incapable of eviscerating him today, there is no hope.

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

If Starmer proves incapable of eviscerating him today, there is no hope.

He's eviscerated him the last 3 weeks. Just doesn't get reported much but today its headline news.

This is an absolute PR gift for Labour. I'd have bill boards up throughout the country with "One rule for them....". Have a photo of the queen dressed in black, alone at her own husband's funeral, and a contrasting photo of Johnson and his chums drinking champagne and snorting charlie etc. Employ Led by Donkeys to get this done. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Interesting strategy. He seems to be using plan B as a dead cat to deflect from his HQ's rule breaking. Not sure this will work..... 

Particularly when so many of his own, already disgruntled, backbenchers are vehemently opposed to measures such as covid passports.

• Like 1

Surely people will just laugh off any restrictions now? 

Ive followed everything during this pandemic, I live alone, it was tough. Whilst this lot robbed the tills and necked on with their advisors.

He can get to fuck if he thinks I’m not spending this Christmas with my family & he can get to fuck if he thinks he’s doing me a favour letting me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Ive followed everything during this pandemic, I live alone, it was tough. Whilst this lot robbed the tills and necked on with their advisors.

He can get to fuck if he thinks I’m not spending this Christmas with my family & he can get to fuck if he thinks he’s doing me a favour letting me. 

Aye, x66 million. He can get fucked. 

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Aye. We're all multi-jabbed and know plenty about distancing, ventilation and mitigation now if those are things that we're concerned about. Not a chance anyone will pay any attention to any Christmas restrictions (although that's also the last thing he'll want to impose because he loves being loved).

Yeah, these extra restrictions, whatever they are, are absolutely on the back of this story and nothing to do with any scientific advice. And it’s unlikely to work. I sometimes think it’s odd what people get worked up about but I totally get this and the problem for the PM is that almost everyone, regardless of their political persuasion will have difficulty letting this one slide. It’s going to be interesting like because you get the feeling that Johnson will go kicking and screaming a la Trump. 

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If that tweet is in any way representative of how his mind works, it explains pretty much everything about why we're in the mess we are.

There's nothing wrong with his tweet. You're not even close to operating at his level. Why don't you get out of London and go and talk to some people who aren't rich remainers?

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If that tweet is in any way representative of how his mind works, it explains pretty much everything about why we're in the mess we are.

I think his characterisation of Johnson as shopping trolley with a wonky wheel crashing from one side of the aisle to the other is pretty spot on tbh. Mind, I've never read anything longer than a single tweet from him. 

So he's sticking to the "no party" line, the lying cunt. It won't fucking wash man. All we need now is definitive evidence there was a party and he's toast. Wouldn't No. 10 be full of CCTVs and their footage stored? 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Well I don’t think this tactic will work. They’ve been denying it all week and no one believes them 

Aye. He's fully snookered himself and he's incapable of telling the truth. So he's stuck trying this bullshit on. Nobody is buying it. 

I hope his life is fucking hell at the minute. 

• Like 1