Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

He has to go and he will eventually. I’d like to see a humiliating end to his premiership but in some ways I would regret him going now. Far better in election year, since Sunak would have more time to bed in as his replacement.

Well Sunak is Asian, he's a billionaire, and he is ideologically driven on austerity. He has fuck all chance of winning a single red wall seat imo. 

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think Johnson going is good news. Even now and even for Labour this far out. He was an asset at the last election and he’s more likeable / popular than anything else they’ve got. I can’t get my head around those things being the case but there’s plenty to suggest that’s true. Plus he’s basically trying to dismantle democracy and the independence of the judiciary and whatever else purely to stay in power. 

I think this is all correct, but if you tie it in with what's happened chiefly in the US, but also India, Brazil, Hungary & Poland  then I think we can say this sort of democratic coup shit isn't going away. Trumpism didn't die in early January 2021...its still very much here and if the perpetrators & instigators of Jan 6th aren't properly punished then the US goes a further step down the road to totalitarianism . We will follow as surely as night follows day if Johnson survives and is allowed to attack the judiciary, the right to protest, citizenship removal etc etc 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well Sunak is Asian, he's a billionaire, and he is ideologically driven on austerity. He has fuck all chance of winning a single red wall seat imo. 

The red wall had no problem voting for the old Etonian. Just have to put our faith in him being too brown for the racist British public.

Sunak's the most credible person they've got though. I think Gove's star has fallen these days and frankly there's a real dearth of talent anywhere near the front bench. Patel might fancy herself for it, she's certainly primed her audience on the immigration stuff. But she is of course a woman, and a person of colour, so she'd have the biggest mountain to climb.

Edited by Rayvin

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Sunak is also a tiny, tiny dwarf. He looks like a 10 year old boy when stood next to anyone normal size. People won't vote for that to be PM. 

mini GIF

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20211209-135046_Chrome.thumb.jpg.95372788087b09deeb75aef6a56504b4.jpg

There's nothing credible about this, lads. Stand him next to Starmer, he'll look fucking ridiculous. 

That musty be shopped? It's odd because he gives me the impression of being quite tall somehow.

Anyway, this is the reason Johnson is going. Taken before the Xmas party shenanigans as well.

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

5 foot 6 and pictured next to the 6ft odd American President. Or in a group photo at G7 looking like it's bring your kid to work day. I won't have it, and neither will the country. 

Yeah, you're right. Even Macron is 5'7". He'd be a national embarrassment. 

Look, I get that this has got your back up because you're 5ft 4, but this only applies if you're trying to be PM. Pint sized drugs reps are fine. Non-threatening even. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Look, I get that this has got your back up because you're 5ft 4, but this only applies if you're trying to be PM. Pint sized drugs reps are fine. Non-threatening even. 

Eh? I'm 5'11 you mad bastard! Do you have trouble judging people's height from up there? 

• Haha 2

Thats Jerry Lee Lewis but fair point all the same. :lol: Also I had a look on oddschecker and the Lib Dems are now slight favourites to win in North Shropshire. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Thats Jerry Lee Lewis but fair point all the same. :lol: Also I had a look on oddschecker and the Lib Dems are now slight favourites to win in North Shropshire. 

I cashed out yesterday, so it makes sense they've come in further. 😬

• Haha 1