Politics

Christmas Tree

EDIT - Isegrim beat me to it.

We should all appreciate that if the Cabinet Secretary, a man who may well have been at the party himself, finds any evidence that this party happened, the Met will further consider the situation, and that they will work tirelessly to find a new reason not to do their jobs.

Edited by Rayvin

This Lord Geidt thing doesn't look like it's over. Journalists suggesting the investigation might have to be re-done as it's now apparent that Johnson lied to it. Or Geidt may resign. 

This bloke is THE FUCKING WORST. This will never stop for him because he lies every time he opens that hole in his face. 

Great news for anyone that detests the prick though as he lurches straight into another scandal. 

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

johnson going this far out from the election is probably bad news for labour. 

Maybe. But Johnson staying on is bad news for British democracy. The continued dismantling of norms etc and the incessant lying. 

I just want shit things to happen to him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Maybe. But Johnson staying on is bad news for British democracy. The continued dismantling of norms etc and the incessant lying. 

I just want shit things to happen to him. 

If anyone had told me five years ago about this kind of behaviour becoming normal in politics all over the world I would not have believed it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Surely he's not going to be brought down over wallpaper. Is it really that big a deal?

I mean I'd love to see him go but it doesn't feel like an earth shaking one.

It's because of his lying, not his corruption. I've said it on here several times before, it was always going to eventually catch up on him. The truth will always out.

1b478ed9-1532-4b5c-a671-41670ce58cff.jpg

• Like 1

I think Johnson going is good news. Even now and even for Labour this far out. He was an asset at the last election and he’s more likeable / popular than anything else they’ve got. I can’t get my head around those things being the case but there’s plenty to suggest that’s true. Plus he’s basically trying to dismantle democracy and the independence of the judiciary and whatever else purely to stay in power. 

14 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

If anyone had told me five years ago about this kind of behaviour becoming normal in politics all over the world I would not have believed it. 

Amber Rudd resigned because a colleague got some immigration figures wrong that she reported as factual to the HoC. Look at the date...it seems like another planet...

BBC News - Amber Rudd resigns as home secretary
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43944988

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

How so? Who will replace him with the same schizophrenic appeal?  

He has to go and he will eventually. I’d like to see a humiliating end to his premiership but in some ways I would regret him going now. Far better in election year, since Sunak would have more time to bed in as his replacement.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think Johnson going is good news. Even now and even for Labour this far out. He was an asset at the last election and he’s more likeable / popular than anything else they’ve got. I can’t get my head around those things being the case but there’s plenty to suggest that’s true. Plus he’s basically trying to dismantle democracy and the independence of the judiciary and whatever else purely to stay in power. 

Agreed. Of course there is always the chance his successor will continue the attack on the institutions with added vigour. One thing about Johnson is that he is an opportunist and would destroy the country to serve himself. Others could be more dangerous as they are ideologically just evil. But I really struggle to imagine Gove as PM, he's really unlikable plus there is allegedly a lot of stuff in his cupboard. The other thing that strike me about the Britannia Unchained gang is that they really are THICK AS PIGSHIT. Without someone like Cummings directing them, they soon fall to pieces, as the last few months has basically shown (not that I think Cummings is some sort of genius, far from it). 

• Like 3