Politics

Christmas Tree

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's a very obvious spoof, you fucking div. 

:lol:

I'm pretty certain Gullis isn't yelling "I'VE BEEN SPEAKING TO A DOORSTEP!" in a WhatsApp group.

A few people kept birds when I was growing up in Burradon. Is that still a thing even? It probably is in Burradon. Anyway, Zebra Finches were quite popular but that’s a Chaffinch I think. Zebra Finches aren’t native to the UK. As you were  

• Haha 2

All these photos turning up of people applauding Sunak as he walks through rooms in 10 Downing Street. :lol:

He hasn't even done anything yet. Remember what happened last time you all did this? Maybe reserve some of the praise until you see whether this one turns the pound into a peso within the next month. 

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

All these photos turning up of people applauding Sunak as he walks through rooms in 10 Downing Street. :lol:

He hasn't even done anything yet. Remember what happened last time you all did this? Maybe reserve some of the praise until you see whether this one turns the pound into a rupee within the next month. 

FYP

Just now, Gemmill said:

He hasn't even done anything yet. Remember what happened last time you all did this? Maybe reserve some of the praise until you see whether this one turns the pound into a peso within the next month. 

It’s not about praise, it’s about arse-licking. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s not about praise, it’s about arse-licking. 

It's weird as fuck. When I worked at VM, the massively egotistical CEO arranged for George Osborne, the austerity king, to visit the headquarters at Regent Centre. Everyone was meant to gather on "the street", this kind of main walkway through the building, to hear him give a speech and applaud and shit. 

And people just went along with it. I stayed at my desk because I'm absolutely nails, but I was the only one on my floor that did. Clapping for austerity boy. Very weird. 

Although I'm just thinking now, maybe they just wanted 15 minutes away from their desks and I'm the fucking idiot. :lol:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Wrexham Centre forward seems one if the good guys

He looks unbelievable for Wrexham. It's mad cos you see some of the stuff he's doing and wonder how he hasn't made it at a much higher level, but there must just be massive gaps in his game that aren't visible a) in a documentary show and b) to a div like me. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

He looks unbelievable for Wrexham. It's mad cos you see some of the stuff he's doing and wonder how he hasn't made it at a much higher level, but there must just be massive gaps in his game that aren't visible a) in a documentary show and b) to a div like me. 

He was the top scorer in League2 so no mug.

Pro footballers are unbelievable though. I used to know an unnamed centre-half who was considered an absolute carthorse when he played for Newcastle. He came and played for our 6 aside team once and he would genuinely have won playing by himself. We assumed he would be centrehalf, he said fuck that centre forward. It was something like 21-0 at half time and he'd got 19 of them

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

He was the top scorer in League2 so no mug.

Pro footballers are unbelievable though. I used to know an unnamed centre-half who was considered an absolute carthorse when he played for Newcastle. He came and played for our 6 aside team once and he would genuinely have won playing by himself. We assumed he would be centrehalf, he said fuck that centre forward. It was something like 21-0 at half time and he'd got 19 of them

Aye I know a lad who played 5 a side with Shola and reckons he was unbelievable. I mean Shola was no mug in the PL tbf so that's actually a terrible example. 

I remember Lee Trundle who was on Soccer Am every week back in the early 2000s scoring worldies.