Politics

Christmas Tree

He should lose his seat at the next election and I would hope that he has zero chance of walking back into a teaching job after the way he's behaved. 

I can see Asda Ace in his future. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

That fucking tory tweet with Braverman's prologue is a fucking disgrace. It's overty fascist in my opinion, and combined with the blatant lying about Labour we have come to expect from this government. Sir Michael Take's mockery of it doesn't cheer me up, because most people won't see it and anyway satire is dead, he could well be a real tory back bencher like Gullis. It really shouldn't be legal for the home secretrary to do this, and yet they have the fucking brass neck to try and censor Gary Lineker. 

I think I officially detest Braverman the most of any in that rancid party, which is some stiff competition. From the day she came on the scene, she just struck me as evil incarnate. I had believed she was too stupid to advance to the upper positions of power but Johnson has normalised incompetence and here we are. Starting to despair we can ever get out of this now. 

Can’t remember if it was the Express or the Mail that quoted a tweet from Sir Michael Take a while back under the misapprehension he actually was a former Tory MP. As daft as that seems the rhetoric isn’t that different to the satire 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can’t remember if it was the Express or the Mail that quoted a tweet from Sir Michael Take a while back under the misapprehension he actually was a former Tory MP. As daft as that seems the rhetoric isn’t that different to the satire 

Yeah, I remember it, was the Mail. The paper of the brown shirt (covered in sewerage shit) patriots.

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3
  • Jaysus... 1

Sunak there, saying Starmer is "siding with the people smugglers" in parliament when it is their fucking policies that has facilitated them. All part of a normal functional democracy. 

• Like 1

So listening to bits of that budget, my summary take is that, because there is a labour shortage due in part to Brexit (didn't see this on the side of a bus):

If you are retired: GET BACK TO WORK YOU OLD CUNT.

If you have kids: GET BACK TO WORK and ignore raisning your kids, YOU CUNT.

If you are disabled: GET BACK TO WORK you bone idle shirker, CUNT.

If you are unemployed: WE'RE STOPPING YOUR BENEFITS YOU FECKLESS CUNT.

Is that about right? 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I didn't bother listening or watching. It'll all be unworkable shite that can't be measured one way or another til they're out of power. 

GET BACK TO WORK YOU SHIRKING CUNT.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

So listening to bits of that budget, my summary take is that, because there is a labour shortage due in part to Brexit (didn't see this on the side of a bus):

If you are retired: GET BACK TO WORK YOU OLD CUNT.

If you have kids: GET BACK TO WORK and ignore raisning your kids, YOU CUNT.

If you are disabled: GET BACK TO WORK you bone idle shirker, CUNT.

If you are unemployed: WE'RE STOPPING YOUR BENEFITS YOU FECKLESS CUNT.

IF YOU'RE JUST A USELESS, GREEDY, CONNIVING CUNT: Welcome to the conservative party, old chap. 

Is that about right? 

FYP

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 4

This is all the analysis I need. Fuck listening to those cunts. Am going to listen to a 3.5 hour edition of the Chart Music podcast covering the broadcast of Top of the Pops on 22nd June 1973. Hoping to hear some fuckin SLADE :D

image.gif.886b8366abda77fad25a86da52244e8d.gif

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

This is all the analysis I need. Fuck listening to those cunts. Am going to listen to a 3.5 hour edition of the Chart Music podcast covering the broadcast of Top of the Pops on 22nd June 1973. Hoping to hear some fuckin SLADE :D

image.gif.886b8366abda77fad25a86da52244e8d.gif

Probably precisely what it’s meant to be. The tactic being to avoid losing all their previously safe seats rather than to actually try and win the election. 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20230316_073546_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0f873efcceb26912476c15823edc3990.jpg

Does anyone know what happened in 2010 to cause this?! 

In contrast over the same time period, real term pay has gone up 10% overall in France (all sectors) and 20% in Germany. And in just 7 years now, the average pole will be better off than the average Brit. The tory cunts have been MUCH worse for the UK than my worst fears. 

Teachers are on stike so have the joys of trying to home educate two kids today, as well as keep on top of work (monitor e-mails today only I think) and keep up my toontastic duties. Such is life. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Teachers are on stike so have the joys of trying to home educate two kids today, as well as keep on top of work (monitor e-mails today only I think) and keep up my toontastic duties. Such is life. 

RMT also re entering the fray today…..and I think we all know what that means :lol: 👊🏻

• Like 3

I've hardly heard it mentioned on the MSM or BBC, but the tax thresholds are being frozen until 2028!!! That's an effewctive 4% increase on your income tax, which is quite mind blowing if you think about it. Still, at least massively rich earners will get some much needed tax relief on their pensions. 

image.png.1cde3f979868de6a4517ab30da0187da.png

• Like 2

And meanwhile, Hunt is extolling "Work is a virtue" which yeah, is something I can well imagine from Germany circa 1930, I can see it in front of the poor houses soon. He's telling us that at 50 years of age, we have to graft for at least another 20 years. The state pension age going up to reflect this of course. But latest data out today confirms our life expectancy is now going down, mirroring what is happening in the US. Where we were once 7th in the league table of life expectancy, we are now 29th. So not only do we have to work harder, we will die sooner. Less money for the state to spend on pensions I guess.

image.png.d95449e964a3bbffeb902d94b1688084.png

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/mar/16/life-expectancy-in-uk-growing-at-slower-rate-to-comparable-g7-countries

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Got to keep the critters in snacks I guess.

Racoon GIF

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Cooncil tax bill just landed. Up 5.4% which is probably lower than I was expecting. 

Both reported. 

• Haha 5