Politics

Christmas Tree

I thought you worked on the phones for 999 (shit memory etc)

No mate.

The Met Police use a radio network, I manage the engineers who survey, improve and maintain that network.

I do occasionally monitor channels, but only to test signal strength and voice clarity, I don't do dispatch or owt like that.

I had zero experience with radios, police, engineering, networks, etc. Blagged it, didn't I? Act as if you have faith and faith will be given to you.

Heard a bit on the radio this morning of the decision of Vince Cable that Zero contracts don't need scrapping as he believes that many people want the freedom to be employed on such a basis. Aye, mate, that's EXACTLY the type of working contract I'm looking for next time I'm ever out of work. :lol:

These bastards wont be happy till people stand outside workplaces and a foreman comes out and picks who he wants for that days work and tells them what they'll get if they WORK HARD. Cunts.

These bastards wont be happy till people stand outside workplaces and a foreman comes out and picks who he wants for that days work and tells them what they'll get if they WORK HARD. Cunts.

I was just tslking about that at work today as my Mam told me that was how the shipyards worked until the 30s when those evil unions got going. The cunts have quite happily erased 80 years of rights. Progress.

Aye. Worker impotence being institutionalised, health care for all being dismantled... it's almost like the lot in charge are ashamed of some of the best things we've achieved as a country. :scratchchin:

I can thoroughly recommend volunteering to help out at the local food bank, incidentally. It's a good deed, it gives you a real insight into how things actually are on the ground, and most importantly it's unpaid so it doesn't compromise your proximity to the poverty line. :good:

No mate.

The Met Police use a radio network, I manage the engineers who survey, improve and maintain that network.

I do occasionally monitor channels, but only to test signal strength and voice clarity, I don't do dispatch or owt like that.

I had zero experience with radios, police, engineering, networks, etc. Blagged it, didn't I? Act as if you have faith and faith will be given to you.

Good man :lol:

(So what do you actually do????).

Aye. Worker impotence being institutionalised, health care for all being dismantled... it's almost like the lot in charge are ashamed of some of the best things we've achieved as a country. :scratchchin:

I can thoroughly recommend volunteering to help out at the local food bank, incidentally. It's a good deed, it gives you a real insight into how things actually are on the ground, and most importantly it's unpaid so it doesn't compromise your proximity to the poverty line. :good:

I was on the websites of the Newcastle ones this morning trying to work out what they want in terms of donations, as it happens. Haven't done anything about it yet though...

I was just tslking about that at work today as my Mam told me that was how the shipyards worked until the 30s when those evil unions got going. The cunts have quite happily erased 80 years of rights. Progress.

Just for clarity I'm assuming that as Zero hour contracts existed under 13 years of Labour and as Labour have said they won't ban them, we are including all parties under the "cunt" tag?

Just for clarity I'm assuming that as Zero hour contracts existed under 13 years of Labour and as Labour have said they won't ban them, we are including all parties under the "cunt" tag?

Yes because as I've/we've said many times, Blair was a Tory too. Only now we have the real deal.

Good man :lol:

(So what do you actually do????).

Like most jobs there's a variety.

I plan how we can provide police with sufficient radios and support whenever there's a big event (from extra policing when an international official is in town, to the Olympics. We also need to make sure the network can cope with the extra usage.

I react to failures on the network which is caused by aerial equipment breaking, interference from pirate radio to a neon sign and everything in between, people nicking bits of cable.

I block radios that've been lost or stolen

I task engineers to fix desktop radios and programming equipment.

:dunno:

I also drink loads of tea and water, watch Match of the Day, play Football Manager and wear pyjama trousers... I've forgotten that I was working and turned up half cut, I've spent an entire 12 hours shift collating, editing and posting a "Gone Fishing" thing. Oh and I spend a lot of the day on here and twitter :good:

I plan how we can provide police with sufficient radios and support whenever there's a big event (from extra policing when an international official is in town, to the Olympics. We also need to make sure the network can cope with the extra usage.

I react to failures on the network which is caused by aerial equipment breaking, interference from pirate radio to a neon sign and everything in between, people nicking bits of cable.

I also drink loads of tea and water, watch Match of the Day, play Football Manager and wear pyjama trousers... I've forgotten that I was working and turned up half cut, I've spent an entire 12 hours shift collating, editing and posting a "Gone Fishing" thing. Oh and I spend a lot of the day on here and twitter :good:

Sounds like a good job tbf

Sounds like a good job tbf

It was, but because of Government cuts the Met want to cut costs, which means bad news for the company. 40% job cuts, if I stay a 30% pay cut and a massive decrease in career progression.

Are there other jobs similiar in nature?

Not really, next biggest force is Strathclyde, but even that doesn't need anything like the support.

Nah, it'll be a career change, but that's ok, I've been there 5 years, time for a change. I here they'res no poverty to worry about. ;)

:lol:

Not really, next biggest force is Strathclyde, but even that doesn't need anything like the support.

Nah, it'll be a career change, but that's ok, I've been there 5 years, time for a change. I here they'res no poverty to worry about. ;)

tut tut :)

Edited by Christmas Tree