Politics

Christmas Tree

Holidays in the south of France, regular trips out to pubs and restaurants, buying gadgets, living in a prosperous area, season ticket in 1892 club etc.

Just fuck off pretending your in the poverty percentiles man.

Because I've always been a taxi driver, idiot.

And as I've said, the point you keep ignoring, I don't think I am in poverty, even though I'm below some imaginary line.

And there you go accusing me of lying, again :lol:

Totally classless.

Why don't people just leave this thread to people who want / like to argue politics.

It's like me turning up in the guitar or gaming threads.

Because I've always been a taxi driver, idiot.

And as I've said, the point you keep ignoring, I don't think I am in poverty, even though I'm below some imaginary line.

And there you go accusing me of lying, again :lol:

Totally classless.

Why don't people just leave this thread to people who want / like to argue politics.

It's like me turning up in the guitar or gaming threads.

No It's like you turning up in the Politics thread.

I'm accusing you of lying to make a cheap point. You're lifestyle proves you are not in the poverty percentiles, it's all here on this board. I'm not addressing your 'point' because it's beyond retarded. The story goes like this:

For years CT posts showing he is comfortably off.

CT himself posts on the politics thread there is no such thing as poverty according to HIS made up non-definition.

CT claims he is himself in poverty to back up his claim poverty doesn't exist in uk.

CT whinges about personal insults when his contradictions are exposed.

Pathetic.

I'm accusing you of lying to make a cheap point. You're lifestyle proves you are not in the poverty percentiles, it's all here on this board. I'm not addressing your 'point' because it's beyond retarded. The story goes like this:

For years CT posts showing he is comfortably off.

CT himself posts on the politics thread there is no such thing as poverty according to HIS made up non-definition.

CT claims he is himself in poverty to back up his claim poverty doesn't exist in uk.

CT whinges about personal insults when his contradictions are exposed.

Pathetic.

You tiresome chap :lol:

I didn't say there was no such thing as poverty, I said IMO it was a term better suited to real people in real poverty not the millions who are classed as being in "relative poverty" in the West.

You also think people under the poverty line (sub £23,000) can't go to an occasional match or eat cheeseburgers.

As usual you have exposed nothing except your utter lack of class.

Pretending to be poor to make your own point shows your lack of class. Or are you really on tax credits which you criticized earlier? :D

You've already said you work 60 hours a week at a rate of 60/70k a year, that's a fact. It doesn't add up does it?

You tiresome chap :lol:

I didn't say there was no such thing as poverty, I said IMO it was a term better suited to real people in real poverty not the millions who are classed as being in "relative poverty" in the West.

You also think people under the poverty line (sub £23,000) can't go to an occasional match or eat cheeseburgers.

As usual you have exposed nothing except your utter lack of class.

Except Moron £23,000 is not the poverty line. For a couple with one child under 14 and one over it is £17,992.

http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/uk-poverty-line

Pretending to be poor to make your own point shows your lack of class. Or are you really on tax credits which you criticized earlier? :D

You've already said you work 60 hours a week at a rate of 60/70k a year, that's a fact. It doesn't add up does it?

Yawn

Except Moron £23,000 is not the poverty line. For a couple with one child under 14 and one over it is £17,992.

http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/uk-poverty-line

Moron :lol: dear me.

Except that table is dated 2009 and only includes one child under 14. I have two.

Creepy pervert (if we really need to sink to that level). ;)

I think, just to drag this away from tit-for-twat arguments, it needs to be clarified

There definitely is poverty in Britain

That webpage's arbitrary income & kids formula does not accurately measure "poverty". What happens if that family with three kids and £17k income after tax is fully self sufficient? If they needn't pay for rent, heating, water, or food, they could live a pretty nice life.

If someone has said there isn't poverty, well that's just mental.

I think for my own sanity and to make better use of my valuable time I'll stick to discussing actual politics in here with those who want to and ignore the loons, wums and classless cunts.

No offence.

are you for real man? you're the biggest wind up merchant on here

below it.

I know you've said before you have "a nice big mortgage" and you have a penchant for giving the benefit "scroungers" stick, so you can't be on any hand outs.

If it was:

£400/month mortgage (which wouldn't be at all big),

£100/month Council tax,

say £70/month on power,

you've told us your sky package is £29/month.

I pay £50 a WEEK on petrol and i do 3 miles to work and back a day. you must be on much more than that, but I'll say double to be generous. £100 a week would be £433 a month on petrol. I'll not include your subs for the office as i don't know what you pay.

Water rates and TV licene is another £30.

The poverty line for a couple with 1 kid under and 1 over is less than £21k, which is £1750 a month. Given your costs you've got £670 a month to feed and clothe your family of 4. Which isn't beyond the realms of believability even if it does stretch the amount of petrol/diesel a taxi driver can get around on.

What is remarkable, is that you spend your £5.50 a day on things like this and this and THIS and this as well as a season ticket.

You can see why there are doubters.

I know you've said before you have "a nice big mortgage" and you have a penchant for giving the benefit "scroungers" stick, so you can't be on any hand outs.

If it was:

£400/month mortgage (which wouldn't be at all big),

£100/month Council tax,

say £70/month on power,

you've told us your sky package is £29/month.

I pay £50 a WEEK on petrol and i do 3 miles to work and back a day. you must be on much more than that, but I'll say double to be generous. £100 a week would be £433 a month on petrol. I'll not include your subs for the office as i don't know what you pay.

Water rates and TV licene is another £30.

The poverty line for a couple with 1 kid under and 1 over is less than £21k, which is £1750 a month. Given your costs you've got £670 a month to feed and clothe your family of 4. Which isn't beyond the realms of believability even if it does stretch the amount of petrol/diesel a taxi driver can get around on.

What is remarkable, is that you spend your £5.50 a day on things like this and this and THIS and this as well as a season ticket.

You can see why there are doubters.

See my starting point is after 5 years I would personally feel uncomfortable running around calling people liars. Maybe that's just me or the way I was brought up.

Putting that to one side, the link you asked about today had a poverty line showing at around £23,000. I have 2 kids under 14 and 2 kids over 14. (I didn't include 1 because she lives elsewhere).

My mortgage is £220 approx

I don't have a season ticket

I will try and cut down on the Asda 3 cheeses for £3, stop my elder daughter buying too many Tassimo flavours, insist no one buys me a gift voucher for the Maften on my next big anniversary or try and stick to more pasta and frozen veg instead of the occasional treat curry (which tbf was a lot cheaper than a takeaway).

So, you can either continue to think if me as a liar

or

understand why I find it wrong that people around my family income are described using the words poverty.

So why the 60k taxi driver comment and the 60 hour working week? We're these just idle comments to make you look incredibly hard working as well as to fit the tory line of work hard and wealth will follow no matter what you do?

You can't have it both ways. You either lied in the past or are lying now.

So why the 60k taxi driver comment and the 60 hour working week? We're these just idle comments to make you look incredibly hard working as well as to fit the tory line of work hard and wealth will follow no matter what you do?

You can't have it both ways. You either lied in the past or are lying now.

Yawn