Politics

Christmas Tree

Don't know if people remember but I posted something up on here a while ago about somebody I know having their benefits withdrawn due to some ATOS worker deciding if he was fit to work or not (despite ignoring the advice of three different consultents on the matter).

Well anyway this person has now won their appeal, got £3,500 in back-dated payments and actually been put on a higher level of benefit.

None of this will make up for the emotional anxiety that this has caused that person during that time but yet another case (I think 75% of appeals have been won) of this just not working.

The problem seems to be that if you bring in a private company to cut the number of people on disability benefits then that's exactly what they are going to do. They'll want to prove to the government that they're worth their fees. The huge rate of successful appeals should be enough to prove that they haven't done their job correctly.

Edited by ewerk

In 2008/09 £12.7bn of means-tested benefits and £5bn of tax credits went unclaimed.

The ENTIRE disability benefit bill is £12.5 billion.

By and large people are either too proud or too ill-informed to claim what they are entitled to. What remains unclaimed far outweighs what is claimed and as long as that remains true then surely the net profit can be seen as justification for avoiding savage cuts to ensure the small minority don't get their dodgy extra few quid.

Don't know if people remember but I posted something up on here a while ago about somebody I know having their benefits withdrawn due to some ATOS worker deciding if he was fit to work or not (despite ignoring the advice of three different consultents on the matter).

Well anyway this person has now won their appeal, got £3,500 in back-dated payments and actually been put on a higher level of benefit.

None of this will make up for the emotional anxiety that this has caused that person during that time but yet another case (I think 75% of appeals have been won) of this just not working.

Pleased to hear that. After worrying about the way things are going with these Etonian CUNTS doing what they know best, i.e. hitting the vulnerable, we decided to put in for a higher rate of disability as my Wife's condition has worsened by some way since she first claimed for disability allowance a few years ago. The very fact we've stalled applying worrying they may take her off it altogether is a damning verdict IMHO.

Even if the amount of abuse of disability was as large as people think, the utter pain they are causing genuine people would render it a mistake in my view.

Exactly. This is my main gripe with this lot. I totally accept that we needed to cut and also that the welfare system needed a reform, but the complete could't give a fuckness from this government has beggared believe. There are some people taking the piss out of the benefit system, but there are tonnes more with genuine needs. The stance seems to be that everyone is taking the piss and cheating the system therefore should be treated with distain and mistrust. Although I would expect nothing less from an out of touch bunch of toffs.