Politics

Christmas Tree

I lean pretty much to the left but even I think the BBC can be pretty biased the same way. Its not so much the content, its the choice of things like the items the they lead with..the individual journos are pretty straight iyam, apart from the fuckin old tory twat Paxo..

Parky reckons it's right wing biased, the Tories reckon it's left-wing biased, Reddit user nails it.

Confirmation bias is another made up thing. Invented about 5yrs ago weren't it? Yeah you're mad we're impartial. :lol:

I never said they had right wing bias...They have institutional bias ie one pillar of the state...It's a state organ. Gavyn Davis was put in as a New Labour insider and so on...Marmaduke Hussey and Stuart Young were both related to Cabinet Ministers at the time...:lol:

A better line of attack from you would be whether it was possible to BE unbiased. ;)

http://stopwar.org.uk/news/how-bbc-bias-justifies-war-crimes-in-gaza-by-conforming-to-israeli-state-propaganda

Edited by Park Life

No way could he win.

They voted dubya in twice ....of course he could win...

In other news, Labour are voting for a new leader...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/16/labour-leadership-candidates-boring-rightwing-frankie-boyle

Is it ok to say I think Liz Kendall is a tiny bit hot in a sort of "sexy librarian" kind of way?.... :unsure:

Canny budget again from George.

Out of general interest (I've been busy as fuck today so haven't seen the budget), please list your positives from the budget. The general consensus everywhere else is that it is the proverbial joke everyone predicted.

Out of general interest (I've been busy as fuck today so haven't seen the budget), please list your positives from the budget. The general consensus everywhere else is that it is the proverbial joke everyone predicted.

"Everywhere else"?

Virtually every commentator has described it as totally unpredicted!

The cuts that were set out in March have lessened and instead of squeezing them into the first two years they have been spread over 4 to lessen the impact.

To many good things to list but reducing the better earners from claiming tax credit is good

The national living wage is good.

Making new car buyers pat for their tax disc and ploughing all tax disc money into roads is good

Changing the non Dom rules is good.

Insisting that most 18-21 years olds work or learn is good

Changing the apprentice rules so that big corporations can't take the piss is good

Raising the tax threshold is good

Lowering corporation tax is good

Off the top of my head.

Of course this is a very anti Tory board so he's not going to get any credit on here but it was a good budget.