Politics

Christmas Tree

Weirdly, I'm not convinced that Tories are particularly pro-London... I'm really not sure what they are at the moment, and I'm not certain they're sure either.

But either way, the vote chasing comment was more just a general complaint.

:lol:

Believe me, they're a whole lot more pro-London than they are pro-north east. A lot. ;)

Aye which makes sense in your case. It's a NIMBY position but it's still relevant.

Obviously that is the case to a degree but there's a rational argument beyond it.

The net pollution/noise effect of a new runway in Gatwick wouldn't be anywhere near as severe on the people of Surrey and Kent as a third Heathrow runway will be on Londoners, who already put up with regular streams of air traffic while breathing in the worst quality air in the country (outside of Middlesbrough).

And as far as I'm aware, proposed work at Gatwick wouldn't involve the demolition of entire villages, forcing residents to move. Or digging up one of the busiest stretches of motorway in the country, adding to the misery of the poor sods who rely on that awful stretch of road.

Unless you take the view that people in London are already getting fucked up the arse, let's see if we can force two cocks up there.

Unless you take the view that people in London are already getting fucked up the arse, let's see if we can force two cocks up there.

People choose to live there. The provinces are crying out for infrastructure projects but are constantly ignored by London and its big BCR projects. Iirc people in the NE get something lime £5 per head travel infrastructure spending compared with £2500 for each Londoner.

I doubt you'll get much sympathy up here even if a third cock is introduced into the equation.

Obviously that is the case to a degree but there's a rational argument beyond it.

The net pollution/noise effect of a new runway in Gatwick wouldn't be anywhere near as severe on the people of Surrey and Kent as a third Heathrow runway will be on Londoners, who already put up with regular streams of air traffic while breathing in the worst quality air in the country (outside of Middlesbrough).

And as far as I'm aware, proposed work at Gatwick wouldn't involve the demolition of entire villages, forcing residents to move. Or digging up one of the busiest stretches of motorway in the country, adding to the misery of the poor sods who rely on that awful stretch of road.

That makes sense, I can see the logic of Gatwick being used instead based on that.

People choose to live there. The provinces are crying out for infrastructure projects but are constantly ignored by London and its big BCR projects. Iirc people in the NE get something lime £5 per head travel infrastructure spending compared with £2500 for each Londoner.

I doubt you'll get much sympathy up here even if a third cock is introduced into the equation.

That's also true :lol: I'll probably just back out of this now, I'm agreeing with everyone. That said, the stat you've posted there is disgraceful.

i agree that there's nowhere near enough investment outside of london but the people who choose to live in the capital often do so if they want to work in myriad industries that barely exist elsewhere in the country. i'm sure plenty of people who live in london would leave the city in droves if they could further their career somewhere else. the quality of life here is shit on many levels and being shafted by yet more aircraft noise and pollution is just another in a long list. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

i agree that there's nowhere near enough investment outside of london but the people who choose to live in the capital often do so if they want to work in myriad industries that barely exist elsewhere in the country. i'm sure plenty of people who live in london would leave the city in droves if they could further their career somewhere else. the quality of life here is shit on many levels and being shafted by yet more aircraft noise and pollution is just another in a long list. 

I was taken aback by the air quality last month when I came over for a week. That and the insane prices for everything. And all the  clueless buffoons that wander the streets thinking they've made it. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

I was taken aback by the air quality last month when I came over for a week. That and the insane prices for everything. And all the  clueless buffoons that wander the streets thinking they've made it. :lol:

the air quality is a genuine concern. my little boy has asthma and he coughs and wheezes way less when we leave the city for a weekend. 

you should see the way i strut about the place btw, or the puffed up manner i nod my head and wink at passers by when i'm cruising the streets on my hoverboard. 

the air quality is a genuine concern. my little boy has asthma and he coughs and wheezes way less when we leave the city for a weekend. 

you should see the way i strut about the place btw, or the puffed up manner i nod my head and wink at passers by when i'm cruising the streets on my hoverboard. 

:icon_lol:

Aye but you could always move outside and commute?

we have considered becoming walking cliches and moving to sevenoaks or wherever, but a short commute into london is depressing enough and as much as i moan about it, there are plenty of things about living in the city that i'd miss. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

it's all about the money, money, money

Unless you're loaded you're no better off financially though. I suspect it's much more to do with being stuck in a rut with most.

we have considered becoming walking cliches and moving to sevenoaks or wherever, but a short commute into london is depressing enough and as much as i moan about it, there are plenty of things about living in the city that i'd miss. 

The only things I miss are the curries. I mean you order a full English and they ask if you want free range eggs. Hold on let me go to my car and get the Uzi. :lol:

Unless you're loaded you're no better off financially though. I suspect it's much more to do with being stuck in a rut with most.

depends on what you mean. people with loads of money here will still live in a terraced house, yeah. 

depends on what you mean. people with loads of money here will still live in a terraced house, yeah. 

I just meant the high cost of living negates the higher wages for the majority.

that's true and there are certain things you won't get, even if you have a lot of money. the big detached house with the massive garden for example doesn't exist in central london - even for millionaires - which is why they've taken to digging up their cellars to house their swimming pools and cinema rooms.

Brighton was worse. Half a craft ale 4.50 it came in a jar....I looked around and there were signs about everything being recycled. Jesus is there no peace anywhere?!

:lol: the jam jar is the hipster's favourite. we want plates!

shopping-trolley-of-chips-734x800.jpg