Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

But we've got our sovereignty back. Now we can be ruled over by a pile of cunts in London rather than foreign cunts in Brussels.

:lol: This is the grim reality of it. I'd genuinely trust a tedious Latvian technocrat to decide what's best for me more than I would most of "our" politicians.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: not think Brexit might impact that, like? Especially if your magic solution doesn’t bear fruit? SPOILER: It won’t 

Aye. We're a successful country in the EU! Let's leave the EU! 

2 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

:lol: This is the grim reality of it. I'd genuinely trust a tedious Latvian technocrat to decide what's best for me more than I would most of "our" politicians.

Yep. A reaction to the total fucking shitness of our politicians was to hand them absolute power :spaz:

36 minutes ago, NJS said:

If city passporting  is ended then mine and the jobs of thousands of well paid, easily transferable , huge tax contributing people will be at risk.

Funnily it hasn't been mentioned since before the talks started.

Apparently Hogan Lovells and the civil service are all over this like a rash. General opinion seems to be that if “mutual access” isn’t tied up, it will be the EU and UK who lose out to New York and Singapore.

50 minutes ago, NJS said:

Explain the economics behind rising interest rates causing an economy to rise. 

Based purely on Mark Charley’s interview last week. He was basically saying that slight increases would be a sign of the economy starting to return to normal (following the crash) which would be overall a good thing with regard to investment in the UK, the pound and inflation. 

Im not going to get into an economics theory argument with anyone as to whether he’s right or not. Well above my pay grade :lol:

yes, i imagine all the international banks based in the City of London will abandon their European timezone operations entirely, moving everything to NY and Singapore rather than a much cheaper relocation to Frankfurt or Paris. 

30 minutes ago, Renton said:

I love the fact you didn't even try to hide your frantic google search btw. Most international trade lawyers think WTO will be a major issue in the short term at least. Still, you know best.

Fucking hell:lol:

You told me to “go and research it” and then cry because I did.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yes, i imagine all the international banks based in the City of London will abandon their European timezone operations entirely, moving everything to NY and Singapore rather than a much cheaper relocation to Frankfurt or Paris. 

:lol: Sorry, just what the body representing the “international banks based in the city of London” says.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Sorry, just what the body representing the “international banks based in the city of London” says.

use your brain for a moment and stop just regurgitating whatever your latest frantic google search has produced. one of the reasons london is one of the world's leading financial centres is our european timezone. we're the bridge in financial markets between asia and the us. london-based international firms will continue to require a presence in a european timezone. 

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Because they're shitting themselves over losing passporting. Jesus Christ, can you never see the bigger picture?

33 minutes ago, Renton said:

Because they're shitting themselves over losing passporting. Jesus Christ, can you never see the bigger picture?

All he can see is willy waving and a cracking deal.

may talking a lot of about social injustices and the disadvantaged ethnic minorities. sensible, given how corbyn has shifted the centre ground, but hardly likely to play well with the boris fanboys...