Politics

Christmas Tree

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Am not sure the DUP could support a papist like Rees Mogg. He's be my choice as surely he is utterly, utterly unelectable.

Haven't said this for a while, but surely we can agree a more centrist Labour party with a pro-European agenda (EEA membership) would wipe the floor with these cunts. I'm not convinced Corbyn can and his own anti-EU stance rankles massively with me. 

This is a sticking point for me. Personally, I would far rather we had a centrist Labour who could take us back into the EU in some form or another. Socially, for wider society, I think we need Corbyn.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

This is a sticking point for me. Personally, I would far rather we had a centrist Labour who could take us back into the EU in some form or another. Socially, for wider society, I think we need Corbyn.

I agree we have to fundamentally change course in this country, we're at the tipping point now. But you have to be pragmatic. Corbyns desire for state owned companies as an independent country just won't work, as evidenced by Bombardier. The state of politics in this country is beyond shocking. It's like a premier team being managed by Joe kinnear. Wonder how it will end?

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

I agree we have to fundamentally change course in this country, we're at the tipping point now. But you have to be pragmatic. Corbyns desire for state owned companies as an independent country just won't work, as evidenced by Bombardier. The state of politics in this country is beyond shocking. It's like a premier team being managed by Joe kinnear. Wonder how it will end?

The concern with going back to the centre ground is that you alienate the disaffected working class. The risk there is that a sizeable number of them head over to far right extremism. Despite the fact that I'm a card carrying nazi, this isn't something I want to see, and feel would be hugely concerning for the country on the whole. We need Labour to be clearly seen to be fighting for these people. If we do go back to the centre with respect of the EU, Labour needs to make a number of very positive changes that directly improve things for the working classes. The message needs to be about class rather than identity, pointless creation of division, and all the other nonsense that comes with the left at the moment.

Edited by Rayvin

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Class is identity.

Discuss.

:boogie:

Absolutely true, and I even thought about re-wording that :lol:

You know what I mean though. Class is a social construct you're born into but which is only as legitimate as the society that surrounds it. The other measures of identity are not. They're solid and unchangeable, no matter what class is doing.

More importantly though, addressing problems through the lens of class would create unity between the working class white and the working class minority ethnic groups. Granted, we in the middle classes would get a kicking from them, but maybe we deserve it.

Do what the states did and elect a Reality TV star. Some chinless brogue wearer from Made in Chelsea or something.

What about that head teacher from Educating Yorkshire?

Has any referendum ever had a positive impact on any country anywhere?

They're not going to get independence. They should do, if 90% of them want it, but it's not going to happen.

May asked if she resents being called the Maybot, responds. 

"I'm certainly somebody with feelings. I don't recognise that characterisation of myself."

:lol::lol::lol:

She'd gave sounded less like a fucking robot if she'd just screamed "DOES NOT COMPUTE" like a dalek at the reporter. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 1