Politics

Christmas Tree

Luciana Berger is being asked about the anti-seminitsm issue. She says they saw the unprecedented sight of a minority community taking to parliament square to protest against racism in her majesty’s opposition. She talks about the battle to get the party to adopt the IHRA definition of anti-semitism.

Angela Smith says it is incumbent on everyone to acknowledge the problem with anti-semitism in the Labour party. She says it is one of the major reasons for their departure.

I don't see how Corbyn being leader has suddenly meant a shit load of anti-semites joining Labour. As I've said before being pro-Palestinian can go too far but I'll bet there have been those elements for years. 

Social media doesn't help of course. 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

I don't see how Corbyn being leader has suddenly meant a shit load of anti-semites joining Labour. As I've said before being pro-Palestinian can go too far but I'll bet there have been those elements for years. 

Social media doesn't help of course. 

It's like the rise in racism we've seen since Brexit. They feel like Corbyn's leadership has validated their prejudices and that has emboldened them. Meanwhile Labour has dragged their feet at every opportunity to address those problems.

• Like 2

Most importantly it just shouldn't be an issue in Labour. It should have just been shut the fuck down since it was the only thing the Tories really had on Labour that would stick. I don't personally believe many in the public genuinely care about it, but the MPs and politicians really seem to.

28 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Most importantly it just shouldn't be an issue in Labour. It should have just been shut the fuck down since it was the only thing the Tories really had on Labour that would stick. I don't personally believe many in the public genuinely care about it, but the MPs and politicians really seem to.

Yeah, who cares about the Jews?

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yeah, who cares about the Jews?

We have a public just barely able to force itself to keep a passing interest in Brexit, the biggest political issue this country has faced in decades.

Need I go on?

EDIT - I will add, to take the edge off, that no one seems to care about anyone.

Edited by Rayvin

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

We have a public just barely able to force itself to keep a passing interest in Brexit, the biggest political issue this country has faced in decades.

Need I go on?

EDIT - I will add, to take the edge off, that no one seems to care about anyone.

Apart from the cast of Love Island, TOWIE, Geordie Shore and half a dozen Muslims crossing the channel on a lilo 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I don't see that they had much choice tbh. Particularly Berger. The Labour Party is a fucking shitshow under Corbyn and just sitting on your hands can't be the answer. 

It is a shit show, but is it the hotbed of antisemitism it's made out to be? Bearing in mind that's the cross these 7 have nailed themselves to. I hear this accusation daily atm with no actual evidence of any antisemitism taking place? It's like a stick used to beat Corbyn with when they should be concentrating on his actual faults rather than the ones the media spin

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It is a shit show, but is it the hotbed of antisemitism it's made out to be? Bearing in mind that's the cross these 7 have nailed themselves to. I hear this accusation daily atm with no actual evidence of any antisemitism taking place? It's like a stick used to beat Corbyn with when they should be concentrating on his actual faults rather than the ones the media spin

It is an actual fault. He is driving Jewish people away from the Labour Party.

For Umuna it was about Brexit, again perfectly understandable. 

Tom Watson nails it 

13 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Corbyn literally has a shadow minister who suggested relocating Israel to the USA. If you haven’t seen any evidence of antisemitism in Corbyn’s Labour then you’re blind.

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Corbyn literally has a shadow minister who suggested relocating Israel to the USA. If you haven’t seen any evidence of antisemitism in Corbyn’s Labour then you’re blind.

List me some proven examples then