Only in America

The Fish

Putting the onus on the public to do something isn't going to work. For every person that writes to their senator demanding something be done, the NRA have someone else who can write a letter demanding their rights not be infringed.

According to a March 2013 CNN/ORC poll, 55 percent of Americans thought there, "should be only minor or no restrictions at all on owning guns."

In the same December 2014 poll conducted by Pew, 57 percent of Americans said gun ownership in the United States protects people

That majority could drop into a minority, I think those opposed to gay marriage were in the majority until very recently but that crumbled rapidly after Glee came on telly. But it suggests the support is moving the other way rather than trending down.

An August CBS poll had 52% support for stronger gun controls. The problem as I said is that the pro gun lobby shout much louder than the other side.

They could just start with stopping card carrying nutters amassing arsenals of assault rifles

That's the problem. They can keep their right to bear arms, if it means so much to them. Tightening up controls would be a start and for fuck's sake, stop selling ak47s to any random without doing thorough checks. Why anybody needs that kind of weapon outside of the military is beyond me anyway.

That's the problem. They can keep their right to bear arms, if it means so much to them. Tightening up controls would be a start and for fuck's sake, stop selling ak47s to any random without doing thorough checks. Why anybody needs that kind of weapon outside of the military is beyond me anyway.

Protection.

or something.

"I have had a gun held on me when I was in a Popeye's organization" in Baltimore, the retired neurosurgeon told Karen Hunter on Sirius XM Radio, referring to the fried chicken fast-food chain.

"Guy comes in, put the gun in my ribs. And I just said, 'I believe that you want the guy behind the counter,'" Carson.

Who needs gun control when you can simply tell the shooter to threaten someone else? :lol:

"The likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed," he told CNN on Thursday.

This guy is achieving th impossible and making Donald Trump look like he isn't the most insane person in the field.

This guy is achieving th impossible and making Donald Trump look like he isn't the most insane person in the field.

This guy is achieving the terrifying and making Donald Trump look electable...

:lol:

Everything about that is quality, but the denouement about her hors d’oeuvre plate is genius.

Was literally about to post that quote.

I honestly had to doublecheck that wasn't an Onion piece.

We're very quick to condemn this stain on humanity for no doubt trying to tuck into her nephew's inheretance from his Mother's death, (I'm guessing), but let's just swap her flimsy claim of not being able to hold a plate of hors d'oeurvre and imagine being at a night out with friends, maybe at a club or some sort of comedy venue for example, imagine the embarrassment if you too, unlike your friends, were unable to hold a plate of, say, English tapas? Maybe we should just hold back on the judging, here, eh?